Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LetsHost.ie nameservers

Options
  • 09-02-2010 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Sorry for posting in this section but it was the most relevant place I could find.

I currently have a shared hosting account with Bluehost.com and have added several .com/.org/.ie domains without issue.

Recently I have purchased a .ie domain from Letshost.ie. However, when I try to change the nameservers to ns1.bluehost.com and ns2.bluehost.com I get the following error:
    Important DNS Information Your DNS change has been unsuccessful. This happens when the name servers have entered are incorrectly set up by your hosting provider. LetsHost can not resolve this issue, and you must contact your hosting provider to correct this issue. 

Please contact your hosting provider, and ask them to ensure the name servers are correctly configured for your account, and then retry the DNS change. Repeatedly trying to change the DNS settings will not resolve this issue. 

Lets Host can not resolve this issue - please contact your hosting provider to fix this.

Due to me only having a domain account I do not have access to Lethost support so have been unable to contact them on the issue.
    I have contacted bluehost about the issue but they were been unable to help because their nameservers are fine(and I know this for a fact as I have used them with numerous other domain providers).

Thanks in advance for any help given. It is much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

.ie works differently than other domains. support@letshost.ie will help you out and give you the exact thing you need to ask your hosting provider to setup. I had the same issue before.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Right, I know this might sound militant but this forum REALLY isn't for providing tech support for Irish companies. I've actually banned staff of Irish companies for doing so.

It's also unfair on the companies who pay boards.ie for commercial representative accounts and their own forums.

Hence I'm locking this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement