Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Korn Single

Options
  • 09-02-2010 12:31am

Not sure if this is the single,but Its the first track off the new album to appear online,enjoy :)

On January 20th, 2010 it was announced on the Mayhem Festival's official website that Korn will be headlining the 2010 Mayhem Festival alongside Rob Zombie, Lamb of God, and Five Finger Death Punch.

However, soon after this announcement, the rockstarmayhem's YouTube channel released a video featuring a song from the new album titled, "My Time". In less than an hour, it was abruptly removed and efforts were then made by KoRn's representatives to stop the leak that began spreading quickly over various social and Korn fansites.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Hmm same ol' riffs, same sh!t JD has been doing on all of Korns albums. Gets a resounding "meh" from me. But then again they went a bit downhill after the second or third album.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

When will they just stop?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Thats actually a demo, Ross Robinson said guitars and vocals have changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

chin_grin wrote: »
    Hmm same ol' riffs, same sh!t JD has been doing on all of Korns albums. Gets a resounding "meh" from me. But then again they went a bit downhill after the second or third album.

Yep, sounds like something that was dropped from Untouchables, and that's not saying a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

chin_grin wrote: »

And how bleed'n long ago was that?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

2002,it very meh indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

Surely Jonathon Davies couldn't still be angry!!!

Ah the powerchord its been awhile since i seen that!

Well Follow the Leader was out in 1998, so I'd say shortly after. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Allure_

When will they just stop?!

Agreed!
    Soon i hope

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

korn.final+copy.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

I really don't understand the appeal of their first two albums? They're barely listenable - the guitars sound awful, the melodies (when the do appear) are poorly developed and their signature build-ups are pretty weak. There's only about 5 or 6 tracks I'd listen to on a regular basis from either. Everything from Follow The Leader onwards represented big leaps forward in my book, with a few hiccups obviously. They're notorious for their filler, but the standouts really stand out. As for this new one? Meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

any idea when the new album is out. mad korn fan seen them loads of times savage band live. must agree some of the songs are great and others not so good

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

This band is outstaying their time tbh.

If they really wanted to make a good album they need to stay away from the fancy studios, designer glasses and happiness. Lock them in a crap hole and make them angry. Make them want to make music for the right reasons - not just another reason to wear Adidas, get on stage and drink Don Perrignon.

korn.final+copy.jpg

Korn fifteen G at sign D? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Echoing the comments that have been made already, this reminds me of something that would have been popular when the Union Underground were touring Europe....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 niallosul

New album is out in a few weeks. Theyve got back to ross robinson to get that old sound. That song my time is a bside demo. They released it for a bit of spin in my opinion. Its not great to be honnest. huge Korn fan since the 90's. Love all their albums bar untouchables. reckon this new one will be great if ross is involved. Their new drummers lethal!

So heres the new single...almost the definition of meh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

vocals are a bit meh, but musically its great, drums are nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

Glad they got a new drummer who has lots of energy.
    Terry Bozzio and Brooks Wackerman did nothing to help 'Untitled'.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Its not great but its not too bad either.

• Advertisement

So Korn recently announce a boycott of BP because of the oil spill....and what a strange band to join them
    BP boycott
    Backstreet's back alright, but they're not using BP.

The Backstreet Boys said in a statement today that they’re joining Korn in the boycott against purchasing BP oil. The boy band (can we still call them that?) is currently on tour to promote their “This Is Us” album, and their sojourn across the States will be BP-free.

"I'm devastated by what I've seen first hand and on the news," Nick Carter said in a statement. "I've always been a marine activist and seeing pictures of oil-covered animals breaks my heart."

Said fellow Backstreet member Brian Littrell: “We just played Biloxi last week and I have to tell you people are really worried down there. This boycott is about making a statement, letting people know how we feel and to stand for something.”

Also here is a collection of 30 second clips from all the songs on the album.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

Really like it actually, great chorus and middle 8

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

Ooh, My Time is on the album.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Not impressed by the single.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Meh, the only 2 korn albums i can listen to anymore are untouchables and take a look in the mirror, which is strange because when they came out first i really didnt like them too much at all.

As for this new song, its defiantly not going to change my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭MrPirate

I'm liking it. Not the best, but still not too bad. I'd definitely go see them when they play here next year.

The album is out

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Well that was stomach churning.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Astro Zombie

absolute dung

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

All I'm hearing is bass and drums and vocals on most of the tracks guitar seems to get drown out a lot of the time, I know I know it's a Korn album, but it just sounds off in the mix or something????

Anyway can't see me listing to this by this time next week.

Advertisement