Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Dantes Inferno

• 09-02-2010 12:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭

Any one played this? got it today, and im pretty dissapointed.

Great looking game, good story, but the gameplay is pure woefull..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    Any one played this? got it today, and im pretty dissapointed.

Great looking game, good story, but the gameplay is pure woefull..

Really? in what way?? I enjoyed the demo but had suspicions about the full game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Reviews seemed mix and were critical of the "God of War" cheap knock off gameplay.

I haven't played it but I think I might give it a miss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Michael B

Finished it this evening. Really liked the game the whole way through but thought the ending was disappointing....though it obviously stays open for a sequel. 8/10 for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

calex71 wrote: »
    Really? in what way?? I enjoyed the demo but had suspicions about the full game.

ill give ya a quick example,

One level i was on, the last few battles on the way to the boss, you fight an endless amount of enemies, so much so, the button mashing begins to hurt,
    Of course at this stage, your health is pretty low, You would expect a nice health boost before the boss battle........no.

You fight the boss, and of course.. die, fair enough, i think, ill try it again with again with full health... no, you begin the boss again with the same amount of health and die over and over again, until i had no choice but to load my last save point and try and make it through the level by taking as little damage as possible, it worked, but still, i find that a huge flaw.

The puzzles in the game are stupid and pointless, and are just a pure waste of time.

The game itself gives no illusion as to where to are, your ment to be in hell, an endless pit of hell fire and what not, but you spend most of the time in tiny rooms, playing endurance rounds, with no health refills or magic refills, at the end of it, you left with hack and slash, and just boring.
    And if you die... you start the round over again.
    Some may like it, but if you like GOW, this game does it no favors.

/my 2 cents.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Yo Mamma

I was really looking forward to this one and I have to agree with the OP here...It's been a huge disappointment ! I should have bought Mass Effect2. In fact the game is so pants I am gonna fly through it on one play through and trade it in.... Button mashing and insanely rediculous camera angles? very annoying music.... very very poor ..and it could have been soo good.

Rent this game dont buy it !

:pac:

• Advertisement

Whats with all the crap games out this year so far?
    Between this and MAG, im very dissapointed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

MAG is an amazing game, my advice would be to go back to it! If you were following Dante's dev diaries there were plenty of clues that the game was going to be ****e. The last circle of hell is just a bunch of arena battles like the ones in the LOTR action games and in the dev diary they try to make you think this is a great thing!

Darksiders got criticized for some of the same things DI did and still managed to get decent review scores. Trade it in and get that game its deadly!

Viseral games are usually pretty good,I hope its because they assigned all their good designers to Dead Space 2!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Loved Darksiders - still playing it and going for 1000 GS out of it. Last night, I had a rubberband around the joypad to get my horse to run around in circles for an hour to get Dark Rider achievement. :)

I really want to play Dante's Inferno, but looks like a rental more than a buy. No sign of it in my local xtravision yet though.... Bioshock 2 will keep me occupied for the next week or so anyway.

RAIN wrote: »
    MAG is an amazing game, my advice would be to go back to it! If you were following Dante's dev diaries there were plenty of clues that the game was going to be ****e. The last circle of hell is just a bunch of arena battles like the ones in the LOTR action games and in the dev diary they try to make you think this is a great thing!

Darksiders got criticized for some of the same things DI did and still managed to get decent review scores. Trade it in and get that game its deadly!

Viseral games are usually pretty good,I hope its because they assigned all their good designers to Dead Space 2!

Trade it in for darksiders?

Sorry, but MAG wasnt my thing, thought it looked rushed for an early 2010 realease, but still i give it prop's for being original and I hope to see more like it, not a bad first attempt, but its very buggy.

Im looking foward to heavy rain though, that looks decent.
    Whats the next BIG Xbox game?

Bioshock 2 Today.
    Aliens vs. Predator on Friday week.
    Final Fantasy XIII on March 9th.
    Lost Planet 2 on March 18th.
    Splinter Cell Conviction on April 16th.
    Red Dead Redemption on April 30th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Trade it in for darksiders?

Sorry, but MAG wasnt my thing, thought it looked rushed for an early 2010 realease, but still i give it prop's for being original and I hope to see more like it, not a bad first attempt, but its very buggy.

Im looking foward to heavy rain though, that looks decent.
    Whats the next BIG Xbox game?

Top of my head id say Splinter Cell is next for Xbox. My first impression of MAG wasen't great either but once you get into it-it becomes extremely rewarding.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

I've not played GOW or a Devil May Cry game before and quite liked the demo for this one. The poor critic reviews and comments here are putting me off it now though. May opt for Darksiders instead which is getting good talk here. Either way I'll not be getting either for awhile as I've far too much to get through at the moment anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

djkeogh wrote: »
    I've not played GOW or a Devil May Cry game before and quite liked the demo for this one. The poor critic reviews and comments here are putting me off it now though. May opt for Darksiders instead which is getting good talk here. Either way I'll not be getting either for awhile as I've far too much to get through at the moment anyway

You can still rent the game, like someone said earlier this seems to be one of those games with "rental" stamped all over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Mr E wrote: »
    Lost Planet 2 on March 18th.

Lost Planet 2 isn't out until May I think :(

Metro 2033 is due out next month though. That looks like it's going to be great.

As for Dante's Inferno, I quite liked the demo so I reckon I'll pick it up anyway. I like the mythology side of things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Moiph wrote: »
    Lost Planet 2 isn't out until May I think :(

Yeah, May 18th.

I was tempted by DI, I enjoyed the demo. Perhaps when it gets cheap...

REAL cheap...

I noticed Dark Void is down to €20 for 360/PS3 in Gamestop (new).
    That didn't take long (less than 3 weeks! - released 22/01/10).

Hopefully Dante's Inferno goes the same way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Mr E wrote: »
    I noticed Dark Void is down to €20 for 360/PS3 in Gamestop (new).
    That didn't take long (less than 3 weeks! - released 22/01/10).

After playing the demo for all of 30 seconds then turning it off in disgust, I think I still wouldn't bother with DV if it dropped tp €5!:p (Its also showing as £15 for loads of places on gamestracker at the moment)
    I really enjoyed the demo of DI, so will still pick it up when it drops in price, despite the panning its getting at the moment (76 on metacritic isn't exactly terrible...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭HxGH

This game does look crap!

I Should have kept the recipt.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Go this yesterday thanks to Gamestops rediculously good offer they had at the weekend.

Am really enjoying it. It's a button masher, but unashamedly so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I ordered two of these Dantes Inferno Death editions by mistake for the xbox 360 so have one up for sale on adverts if anyone is interested...I love the game, yes it's God of War with new clothes but great story and totally mindless :D

Yeah I enjoyed it for what it was. Its something you'd never play again once finished though. Perfect for rental - got 1k gamerscore out of it in about 10 hours.

What was the offer in gamestop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

What was the offer in gamestop?

I think it was the trade in ANY game , and if a sports game it had to be current year, for a new release like Bioshock 2 for example. Pure madness :D

Is it still on by the way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I rebought BioShock 2 just to have as it was such a good deal. Found Eragon at home so I will be getting Dantes Inferno again. It was a fun game, and I would like to play the DLC. At that price, sure, you can't go wrong.

They also had Darksiders, Bayonetta, Lips and a few others.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

what type of games are they accepting in this offer? I'd be interested in grabbing this or darksiders. Is there any list of the games eligible?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

djkeogh wrote: »
    what type of games are they accepting in this offer? I'd be interested in grabbing this or darksiders. Is there any list of the games eligible?
    Trust me its ANYTHING whatsover. I used Tomb Raider Legend for dantes inferno for a fiver. But you cant cross platform, and if its a sports game, it has tl be 09 or 10.

Really? That deal sounds too good to be true....

Is it still on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Really? That deal sounds too good to be true....

Is it still on?

Was on at 1.30pm today when i got Dante inferno death edition for 5.00 traded in fracture.

See this linky for other tread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055855374

Advertisement