Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Dantes Inferno

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

djkeogh wrote: »
    what type of games are they accepting in this offer? I'd be interested in grabbing this or darksiders. Is there any list of the games eligible?

i went around the corner to game and bought the cheapest preowened game they had which was lost (3.99) took off the stickers went back to gamestop
    and traded it in for dantes inferno :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

I havnt opened this yet, not sure if ill keep it. I didnt check reviews before I went in. To the people whove got it, is this worth keeping? Any good? Is darksiders or bayonetta a better choice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Bayonetta got the best reviews, but I found it the least fun. It was just crazy Japan stuff! I loved Darksiders. Personally, I would go Darksiders, then Dantes Inferno, then Bayonetta, purely based on story alone.

Got Dante's Inferno yesterday through the gamestop offer and I have to say that so far (a few hours play) it has been pretty fun. It's a button masher with some great environments and some good bosses so far. I've never played God of War so I don't mind similarities to that game. I'll probably just play through once and trade in. Would be a good one for a rental I think if you have the time to play through it in that timeframe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

picked this up yesterday thanks to that offer.

its a button masher, its the year 2010 not 1990.

there should be no button masher games out in the market anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

picked this up yesterday thanks to that offer.

its a button masher, its the year 2010 not 1990.

there should be no button masher games out in the market anymore.

Ok, how can you complain it only cost a fiver. I'd be annoyed if i paid full price for this but a fiver.

Ok, how can you complain it only cost a fiver. I'd be annoyed if i paid full price for this but a fiver.

Did you even read my post ?

i didn’t mention the price, i don’t care if it cost 5euro or 50.

im saying that the style of game play is button mashing something you would expect from a game 15 years ago , not a game that just been devolped

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

To be honest I picked up all 4 games in the deal.
    Bioshock , Bayonetta , Darksiders and Dantes.
    Other than Bioshock (which was not a patch on the first one)
    the other 3 games are so dull and similar I traded them all in Straight away.
    Darksiders I felt was the weakest. The graphics are shocking bad for a next gen title. Gameplay is the usual button mashing , brainless drivel and the boss fights are so lame.
    Dantes Story is pretty cool but again it's the same type of gameplay.

Bayonetta i thought was just plain silly lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Did you even read my post ?

i didn’t mention the price, i don’t care if it cost 5euro or 50.

im saying that the style of game play is button mashing something you would expect from a game 15 years ago , not a game that just been devolped

Sorry my bad.. I am in work not supposed to be online so i was rushing.

anyone find the part where you have to rappel across on the ropes really ****n hard, i must have died 100 times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Just picked up Dantes's this avo in the offer. Had been on the fence with the game since release so at this value I had to have a punt. I'm currently playing through Bayonetta and quite enjoying it's OTT action so will probably wait to finish that before getting stuck into this, although i am tempted to dive straight in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

did anyone watch the animated movie of this

watched it yesterday myself thought it wasn't bad i quite enjoyed it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

I really liked Dante's and I picked it up right after completing God Of War 3 so that doesn't even come into the equation, a game being similar to a cracker of a game may not be original but it's not necessarily bad.

I honestly thought it was one of the best games of this year I've played so far. With shooters constantly serving up nothing more than four or five hours of musclebound grunts trying to out-weapon each other this, like AC2, was a breathe of fresh air.

The final boss though...ah here! Way too annoyingly difficult. I don't mind a decent challenge but this was just fidgety and a nuisance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

still haven't gotten round to playing this yet. I sold the death edition on ebay and have picked it up again since on the gamestop offer. I am looking forward to playing it but am still working through a backlog at the moment and this is lower down my list at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

dunworth1 wrote: »
    did anyone watch the animated movie of this

watched it yesterday myself thought it wasn't bad i quite enjoyed it

Started to watch it last night but turned it off after 20 minutes, not that it was that bad I was not in the mood for play spot the difference between game and movie. I'm going to hold off and watching it until the game isnt so fresh in my mind.

Advertisement