Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The official "Look what I gots!" purchases thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

141-1730114.jpg

My first bass. For the price, it's pretty darn good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

kateos2 wrote: »
    928F791C057D2D85E040BB0A462B03C5-c1.jpg

198Azure_large.jpg
    oh they are really nice!! what are they like on? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

musical.x wrote: »
    oh they are really nice!! what are they like on? :)

I have the purple on, i think its really pretty!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Yeah, it's darker than it looks in the bottle, but still lovely.

The bluey one is gorgeous too, I think this is the fourth bottle I've bought of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

Still waiting for the dresses I ordered off of ASOS Christmas Day. They should have been here last Wednesday!! They keep getting 'misdirected' and are currently somewhere in Tipp. :rolleyes:

Anyway this is my latest purchase:
    0012-1.jpg
    I doubt I'll have to worry about someone wearing the same dress as me with this one!! :D

Mollikins wrote: »
    Still waiting for the dresses I ordered off of ASOS Christmas Day. They should have been here last Wednesday!! They keep getting 'misdirected' and are currently somewhere in Tipp. :rolleyes:

I ordered stuff on New Years Eve and I'm getting impatient already. Not looking like it'll be here soon so. Mine only says it's been shipped though, dunno how to track it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Me too! Except mine doesn't say anything about being lost or stuck somewhere, I'm thinking of pretending to kick up a massive fuss and try to get some store credit or something..../desperate student :o

I ordered stuff on New Years Eve and I'm getting impatient already. Not looking like it'll be here soon so. Mine only says it's been shipped though, dunno how to track it :(

There should be something on your profile allowing you to track it.

Yeah I'm getting pissed off at this stage. I paid the extra fiver for express delivery and then they decide 'Oh it's Christmas time, there's no such thing as express delivery'.
    They sent me an email saying I've 10% off my next purchase 'til the 31st of January but still I'm not very impressed with their level of service. They should be more organised like.

Me too! Except mine doesn't say anything about being lost or stuck somewhere, I'm thinking of pretending to kick up a massive fuss and try to get some store credit or something..../desperate student :o

When did you order it QoL?
    I've been checking the Track your Order thingy obsessively with the past week. As of 10am this morning it's in their sortation hub in Tipp so at least it's getting closer to me!!

• Advertisement

When did you order it QoL?
    I've been checking the Track your Order thingy obsessively with the past week. As of 10am this morning it's in their sortation hub in Tipp so at least it's getting closer to me!!

Ordered it last Friday I think, whenever I ordered it I got the express and it said it'd be here on or before today :( Its so annoying cos I'm going to Galway in the morning and its going to be at home 3 whole days before I get back! Sad I know...:o

Last the tracking said was "Your parcel has been received at our sortation hub" on Monday...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Just checked my last order from Amazon and it should have arrived between Christmas Eve and the 1st of January. Really hoping Christmas just messed things up by a few days :(

Ordered it last Friday I think, whenever I ordered it I got the express and it said it'd be here on or before today :( Its so annoying cos I'm going to Galway in the morning and its going to be at home 3 whole days before I get back! Sad I know...:o

That's not sad at all! I'd be the exact same. Wait a minute...

Yeah sure we can just be sad fashion slaves together sure! :p

It'll probably take another week or somethin' though since I'm still waiting for mine. :(

Ah you can only track express delivery. Problem solved. My waiting continues.

That's not sad at all! I'd be the exact same. Wait a minute...

Yeah sure we can just be sad fashion slaves together sure! :p

Absolutely :D I could fill the "stuff you want" thread with things I want off asos. A nice little "oh we're so sorry for not delivering, heres €50" would go down very nicely :P

I'm waiting for stuff off Amazon I bought on the 28th :(

One Tree Hill seasons 4 and 5!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    I'm waiting for stuff off Amazon I bought on the 28th :(

One Tree Hill seasons 4 and 5!
    I ordered mine on the 15th :(

My dad works in the post office and he said there's a massive backlog of parcels because of christmas and the bad weather and stuff, so fingers crossed...

Namlub wrote: »
    I ordered mine on the 15th :(

My dad works in the post office and he said there's a massive backlog of parcels because of christmas and the bad weather and stuff, so fingers crossed...

I bought stuff the 26th and it got here friday though... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

I ordered 2 dresses on Xmas day off ASOS too, they arrived here yesterday?

So pretty...

image1xl.jpg

image1xl.jpg

Saving the black one for my friend's 21st at the end of the month, it's gorgeousssssss!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

I ordered dresses off Asos the other day and they arrived this morning but I'm returning them because they're just absolutely crap. Cut badly, frayed material, really light, just overall bad quality dresses. I'm so disappointed. And I got a broken necklace too. This is my first negative experience with asos after many, many orders. Sad face.

Mollikins and bythewoods, your dresses are lovely. I'm so jealous.

Yeah, it's darker than it looks in the bottle, but still lovely.

The bluey one is gorgeous too, I think this is the fourth bottle I've bought of it.
    how much were they? yeh the bluey one does look really nice!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Got a new pair of Vans. Had the blue ones a few years ago, then had barbed wire pattern ones. Now I've gone with purple:

24965210_b1.jpg

Only €30 too, since they were on sale! :) (They'll probably be worn out in 6 months but fúck it I like them.)

Absolutely :D I could fill the "stuff you want" thread with things I want off asos.
    Oh me too!! A thousand times over. :D
    A nice little "oh we're so sorry for not delivering, heres €50" would go down very nicely :P
    Most definitely. We live in hope! :p
    bythewoods wrote: »
    I ordered 2 dresses on Xmas day off ASOS too, they arrived here yesterday?
    My address is a bit weird. It’s out for delivery atm so I should have them this evening!
    ohthebaby wrote: »
    I ordered dresses off Asos the other day and they arrived this morning but I'm returning them because they're just absolutely crap. Cut badly, frayed material, really light, just overall bad quality dresses. I'm so disappointed. And I got a broken necklace too. This is my first negative experience with asos after many, many orders. Sad face.

That sounds really crap.
    This is only my second order from ASOS. They seem to have a fairly decent returns policy though.

Thank you! I got my dress from DV8 in Clonmel. I had never heard of them before but they actually have a website:http://www.dv8fashion.com/
    Unfortunately they don’t deliver to ROI which I think is a bit stupid. They have a list of stores on the website so you might be able to find one near you although a lot of them seem to be in the north. Some of their items are half price at the moment and they have loads of different brands.

ohthebaby wrote: »

Thats really awful :( I hate the hassle of ordering stuff online and having to trust that they'll arrive as you want it, but at least they seem to organise returns ok.

musical.x wrote: »
    how much were they? yeh the bluey one does look really nice!!

I think they were about €4 each in boots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

5213427238729_White_l1.jpg
    5214467228722_White_l1.jpg
    30-Rock-Season-1-3-DVD-Box-Set-Boxset-8-Discs-TV-Series.jpg
    Picked up the sexy Tee for only 12 euro each in urban outfitters

Picked up the 1st few box sets of 3 rock over the last few weaks for the grand total of 33 euros

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQDIZtLCCpI78PS-0kEiuNd8A4q8vf2Uu2g_l0AZlQmnsAKmm4m_Q
    got this in boots
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTcJiPW5URtCQQBjO5t_mjnd5r10UcHulWgpnzlihL6NNbE2xQq
    and this in hmv :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

lg-town-c300.jpg

LOVE IT!

Check. It. Out.

hybrid%20bike,%20hybrid%20bikes,%20best%20hybrid%20bikes,%20best%20hybrid%20bike-171743303920607740.jpg

I got something resembling this, only even better (because I don't know the exact model I have) today. Delighted with it. :D

image1xl.jpg

It got here! :D

Its such a nyommy dress, I didn't realise it had a cut out back but it does and its amazing :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭EverybodyLies

Chuck_S1.jpg

51bCpyquxSL_SL500_AA300_.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Dell-XPS-17-4.jpg

It is amazing! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Dell-XPS-17-4.jpg

It is amazing! :D

At first I was thinking "Whoa Jacko, there's some serious cracks on that screen".

I'm an idiot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

jacko, is that the xps15???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

Catrice%2BJust%2BMarried3.JPG

jacko, is that the xps15???
    XPS17! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

XPS17! :P
    ah ffs, i can only dream of getting the xps15 :(
    did you get the graphics card and photoshop with it??

ah ffs, i can only dream of getting the xps15 :(
    did you get the graphics card and photoshop with it??
    3GB NVIDIA GeForce Gt 445M graphics.

No photoshop... yet! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 emilyeve

lg-town-c300.jpg

LOVE IT!

any good? I'm thinking of getting the pink and white version :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

I got a new bike too, Had to wait ages for it cause they had to find a bigger frame version for me which wasn't in stock in Ireland, But I'm happy and now on a much safer bike :D
    apollo-phaze-mens-mountain-bike-14-18913705.jpeg

I also picked up one of these with some saved money I had

Seagate_Momentus-XT_Solid-State-Hybrid_Review.jpg

I'm sure a lot of you won't care, But I needed to upgrade my HDD, picked up one of these for about twice the prices of a normal 500GB hdd, and the performance is so much better!

• Advertisement

Ricky91t wrote: »
    I got a new bike too, Had to wait ages for it cause they had to find a bigger frame version for me which wasn't in stock in Ireland, But I'm happy and now on a much safer bike :D
    <bike>
    I also picked up one of these with some saved money I had

<drive>

I'm sure a lot of you won't care, But I needed to upgrade my HDD, picked up one of these for about twice the prices of a normal 500GB hdd, and the performance is so much better!
    I'm going to wait until they do normal SSD's in HDD sizes at non-ridiculous prices. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I picked up a few bits while I was out and about but this is my favorite!

The Bartender's Book. It was 15.99 but I got it for 4.50 thanks to my sister's boyfriend who works there :D
    8000000000041_L.jpg
    Having friends stay at the weekend so planning on making some fancy drinks with the help of this book :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

quicksilver-neal-stephenson4366_f.jpg
    It's huge and the writing is tiny :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Follow_tee_dyed_2.jpg

With out the red dots on it

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRO2Wc9Nbol-Si7Z-OcQoodVufu9KVqcIPM4FnN65rr-Ov2v5xy&t=1

Got this on the cheap

mcmg_shirt2.jpg

Also got this at TNA Wrestling last night

I'm going to wait until they do normal SSD's in HDD sizes at non-ridiculous prices. :P

You'll be waiting a looooooooooooooooooooong time :pac:

A 32GB SSD is about 80 euro, that's 30 more than a 500gb HDD :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭Adriatic

You'll be waiting a looooooooooooooooooooong time :pac:

A 32GB SSD is about 80 euro, that's 30 more than a 500gb HDD :P

Is it worth the extra price for the average broke person?

• Advertisement

Adriatic wrote: »
    Is it worth the extra price for the average broke person?

I'm the average broke person, And only got it due to knowing that I was getting some money over christmas.

There's advantages and disadvantages. My oringal HDD was slow and I needed to upgrade so this was 50 ish more and I decided I'd take the chance and get it.

It performs a lot better, Way quicker boot (30 seconds differnce on OSX) and resource intensive programs open very quickly too.

I find it's good for me, But I used Photoshop, after effect, FCP and alot of programs that make use of this.

I'm the average broke person, And only got it due to knowing that I was getting some money over christmas.

There's advantages and disadvantages. My oringal HDD was slow and I needed to upgrade so this was 50 ish more and I decided I'd take the chance and get it.

It performs a lot better, Way quicker boot (30 seconds differnce on OSX) and resource intensive programs open very quickly too.

I find it's good for me, But I used Photoshop, after effect, FCP and alot of programs that make use of this.
    I ran Photoshop Cs5 (64-bit) for the first time on my new laptop tonight and it was so fast compared to my old one and I'm only on a 7200rpm HDD(though I do have a decent graphics card and processor). On an SSD, it'd be ridiculous. :P

I ran Photoshop Cs5 (64-bit) for the first time on my new laptop tonight and it was so fast compared to my old one and I'm only on a 7200rpm HDD(though I do have a decent graphics card and processor). On an SSD, it'd be ridiculous. :P

Yeah, that's the one thing with windows, even win 7, After a while the start up time will get slower over time, Maybe not on your machine (cause I think I saw it in this thread and it's pretty decent) but for a lot of them. I installed windows 7 about 4 times on my dell over the space of 9 months, because it was getting slow :pac:

Yeah, that's the one thing with windows, even win 7, After a while the start up time will get slower over time, Maybe not on your machine (cause I think I saw it in this thread and it's pretty decent) but for a lot of them. I installed windows 7 about 4 times on my dell over the space of 9 months, because it was getting slow :pac:
    It has noticeable changed since I got it. The time the boot-splash shows hasn't changed but after login the time before you can perform actions has changed substancially but I'm going to blame it on the 40gb of video I currently have on it for a video project since I haven't installed a huge amount of programs. When I'm finished with that project, I'll move the files to a hard drive and see if that speed changes then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Considering I finally have all my archery stuff, i think a post here is in order :D

This in cobalt blue (Riser)
    hoyt-gmx.jpg

Limbs
    Tomcat_Limbs.jpg

Sight
    s_yv20.jpg

arrows
    platinum07.jpg
    3394341925_255a6c2788.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement