Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The official "Look what I gots!" purchases thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

€40, nice little bargain for 500GB

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/2763421/art/seagate/expansion-500-gb-2-5-port.html

g_02672878.jpg

Twill be good to keep all my movies on :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    €40, nice little bargain for 500GB

Twill be good to keep all my movies on :D

I got that same one for 60 :( Great hard drive though.. still works after being dropped a few times.

Carl Sagan wrote: »
    I got that same one for 60 :( Great hard drive though.. still works after being dropped a few times.

Where did you get yours? :(

That's defo good to hear :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Wanted these but they were last years stock and were only available in kiddie sizes

51PMoaZHIML._SY395_.jpg

So I ended up getting these which still make me happy.

36884_large.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

Jackobyte wrote: »
    84758568-isgz5oyg-1canon50f18.jpg
    Ah a nifty fifthy! How's it treating you? :rolleyes:

I dare say, a great weekend of buying. Those CD's are brilliant. Guy behind the till was looking at me like i had ten heads because of the mixture :o
    Vans are also a treat :D
    Also Harry Potter. Thanks :D
    2ev7sk2.jpg

marko93 wrote: »
    Ah a nifty fifthy! How's it treating you? :rolleyes:
    I'm actually having some problems with it on full auto. I have to set it manually or it overexposes parts. I'm not sure whether it is a problem with my specific lens or is it just that it is EF rather than EF-S.

Jackobyte wrote: »
    I'm actually having some problems with it on full auto. I have to set it manually or it overexposes parts. I'm not sure whether it is a problem with my specific lens or is it just that it is EF rather than EF-S.

Tits to that :/
    Ah sure using manual is always fun anyway, use it as a learning curve?!
    By the way, any shots you got with it?
    Seeing as this isnt the place, perhaps a PM? :o

Tits to that :/
    Ah sure using manual is always fun anyway, use it as a learning curve?!
    By the way, any shots you got with it?
    Seeing as this isnt the place, perhaps a PM? :o
    I generally use Aperture priority anyway but I was in a rush to capture a picture Saturday night and I tried Full Auto for thoughtless shooting and it wasn't capturing it right.

PM sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

[Embedded Image Removed][Embedded Image Removed]images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSGEUBnBRJ7vUSp4OBNtXui4WiPHnsoriQQn4Jn38AKIkZgNbSFLAimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTDyazvgZdilY2OVfW4Ioe-o_4DEbkrS7MO_pRZtp9Ikiiv8Y5kimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQrx15rwe4evKx1jDfP-6izBtjH3bRfzmlN79YmKB2IS6bnfM-w

All for my brithday all of them for 100 euros
    Chuck is comeing from the US and well take 40 days to get here its stupid that chuck never came out on blu ray over here and had to get the box sets from the US on blu ray

Also Tron is the best film i have seen in a long long time and better then avater in 3D

Also got this
    [Embedded Image Removed]
    For 44 euros from CEX not bad can i say

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

I'm procrastinating here trying to avoid study. So here, I bought this for my boyfriend for his birthday. Being shipped from America for him. Thoughts on it?

http://www.thinkgeek.com/images/products/zoom/8bit_tie_new.jpg

Btw...that guy in the pic aint my guy xD

[Embedded Image Removed][Embedded Image Removed]images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSGEUBnBRJ7vUSp4OBNtXui4WiPHnsoriQQn4Jn38AKIkZgNbSFLA

TRON D:
    I MUST HAVE IT.
    I'm procrastinating here trying to avoid study. So here, I bought this for my boyfriend for his birthday. Being shipped from America for him. Thoughts on it?

http://www.thinkgeek.com/images/products/zoom/8bit_tie_new.jpg

Btw...that guy in the pic aint my guy xD
    Well put it this way, if anything between you guys goes wrong before this arrives. I'll for shizzle take it :rolleyes: It's actually fantastic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

iphone-4-23yt-460.jpg

For freeeeeeeeeeee! :D

Also <3 for HMV vouchers
    the-hangover-dvd-cover-uk.jpg250px-Season8dvd.jpgget-him-to-the-greek-dvd.jpggrown_ups_dvd1.jpgcouples_retreat_DVD.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

You got an iPhone for free? :eek:

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    You got an iPhone for free? :eek:

Yep well in exchange for a bottle of captain morgan's and a cat mug.

kateos2 wrote: »
    Yep well in exchange for a bottle of captain morgan's and a cat mug.

Jealous.. I'll try that in Vodafone and see if it works.. >_> :pac:

• Advertisement

Why get a iPhone 4 now the new one is out in 10 weaks so i know its free and only a 16GB one when you can get the duel core 4.3 inch and 64GB iPhone 5 in a few weaks i wonder some times :rolleyes:

This is comeing from some who lined up for the iphone 4 on the day it came out for 4 hours and paid notting for last year made a 100 euros. because i sold my 3GS for 400 euros which i sold my 3G for 360 euros for which i sold my old samsung for 220 euros which i used to pay for my 170 iPhone for my 1st iPhone 3G 16 GB the day it came out

So i have made money each year on my new Phone

Why get a iPhone 4 now the new one is out in 10 weaks so i know its free and only a 16GB one when you can get the duel core 4.3 inch and 64GB iPhone 5 in a few weaks i wonder some times :rolleyes:

This is comeing from some who lined up for the iphone 4 on the day it came out for 4 hours and paid notting for last year made a 100 euros. because i sold my 3GS for 400 euros which i sold my 3G for 360 euros for which i sold my old samsung for 220 euros which i used to pay for my 170 iPhone for my 1st iPhone 3G 16 GB the day it came out

Because she'd rather a free one than to pay 500 euro like an idiot for one? :eek::rolleyes:

Possibly because I don't have €500 to spend on one, and don't particularly want to sign up to a 2 year contract. I'm not someone who is overly bothered by buying the latest thing as soon as it comes out. This was offered to me for free and the phone I have at the moment is pretty crap.

Damn Celtic Tiger cubs....

Except that it isn't expected until September this year. :rolleyes:

And if you are going to get 64gb, you are probably going to pay €300 more than for a 16gb.

And contracts aren't for everyone.

• Advertisement

Damn Celtic Tiger cubs....

Working 40 hour weak for very summer for the last 4 years also i am working a full time job for the last year 1/2 which I am my own Boss with 4 people working for me (My Boss is my dad) and i get paid very well i can buy a iphone out right with a weaks wage

So how i am a Celtic Tiger cub when i have been working every summer for the last 5 summers and every Saturday and every weak i had of from school and some weaks i work 60 hours

Theres a reason why a buy a **** load of stuff is because i work a full time job and save 70 % of my wage

Also i will add i got my iphone 4 for free on the day it came out because i sold my old 32GB 3GS for 400 euros also i have a bill phone which a pay 60 euros for every 4 weaks

Working 40 hour weak for very summer for the last 4 years also i am working a full time job for the last year 1/2 which I am my own Boss with 4 people working for me (My Boss is my dad) and i get paid very well i can buy a iphone out right with a weaks wage

So how i am a Celtic Tiger cub when i have been working every summer for the last 5 summers and every Saturday and every weak i had of from school and some weaks i work 60 hours

Theres a reason why a buy a **** load of stuff is because i work a full time job and save 70 % of my wage

Also i will add i got my iphone 4 for free on the day it came out because i sold my old 32GB 3GS for 400 euros also i have a bill phone which a pay 60 euros for every 4 weaks

That's all well and good for, I'd love to be in that situation, but implying I'm an idiot for accepting a free iphone isn't very fair tbh. I've been working since I was 16 and I'm currently saving up everything I have to afford college next year, so things like buying new iphones aren't my top priority at the moment.

I've been working since I was 13, I'm now 19.
    I currently have 3 jobs, as well as having to juggle teaching practice which is UNPAID.
    I work in sales which is a thankless job.
    I work behind a bar when I can get the hours which is a thankless job.
    I give second and third level grinds.
    You're clearly not your own boss if your Dad is your boss. If your Dad was your boss would you still have 4 people under you?
    Working for the summer is completely different to working the full year. Things like iPhones scream Celtic Tiger when people are losing ther homes all over the country. Right now our wants have had to be put aside for our needs.

o0o0o0o0LaLaLaAlAlAlaLa

Mod Note:

Ok folks (including myself), can we try and keep this topic on thread. If ye want to have a debate about iphones/celtic tiger babies, feel free to set up a thread, I'll move all the posts there after. Also, no bítchy comments or insults directed at other users please. For now though, try and keep this to our lovely latest purchases.

/mod hat

That's all well and good for, I'd love to be in that situation, but implying I'm an idiot for accepting a free iphone isn't very fair tbh. I've been working since I was 16 and I'm currently saving up everything I have to afford college next year, so things like buying new iphones aren't my top priority at the moment.

Well i never said you where a idiot so dont take any words from my mouth that i never said

Also i am saving for college to because i am going back in the new school year to

At the moment i am saving for a mac book 15 inch pro which i am not buying on to apple have there free ipod deal so i can save a extra 150 euros on my mac when i sell the ipod

Sorry Kate! :o

main.jpg

This is how I spent my weekend...

iphone-4-23yt-460.jpg

For freeeeeeeeeeee! :D

Also <3 for HMV vouchers
    250px-Season8dvd.jpgget-him-to-the-greek-dvd.jpggrown_ups_dvd1.jpg
    Why do you people do this to me, may i ask how you managed to get one for free? D: It's an amazing yoke :o
    Sorry Kate! :o

main.jpg

This is how I spent my weekend...
    Have no shame, i can proudly admit, i'd probably sit there withcha and watch it aswell.
    Come summer, i hope to be more active buying wise, probably mostly cds :o and audio :3

Why do you people do this to me, may i ask how you managed to get one for free? D: It's an amazing yoke :o

Three are doing an offer where if you sign up for a 2 year contract you can get it for free. My brother and his girlfriend did that and his girlfriend had an iphone already, the back is a bit smashed from being dropped but it works fine so she gave it to me. :)

Three are doing an offer where if you sign up for a 2 year contract you can get it for free. My brother and his girlfriend did that and his girlfriend had an iphone already, the back is a bit smashed from being dropped but it works fine so she gave it to me. :)

I saw that offer! I totally would have but it was like €40 a month which is a bomb load!

• Advertisement

Have no shame, i can proudly admit, i'd probably sit there withcha and watch it aswell
    Marry me?

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    I saw that offer! I totally would have but it was like €40 a month which is a bomb load!

I pay 40 plus a extra about 10 euro for my student bband witch is in work

But i have free calls and txts to any network and landlines 3GB Internet with o2 which is a lot better

kateos2 just to let you now if you dont have a Internet pack with you network do not go near the web because it can cost about 0.20c a mb so look into getting a internet add on for your phone

Also i just picked up this
    converse-all-star-dc-heroes-batman-hi-shoes---blue-print.jpg

Still have my Bday money left over so i said why not ?

I just pity purchased myself this..

OneTreeHillS7_320.jpg

God damit, I have dibs on any other free Iphones you get offered, okay? :rolleyes:
    Marry me?
    I certainly will. *note: I cant cook for shít. I'm not exactly a handy man, but i will give plenty of hugs and tell you how awesome you are*

I certainly will. *note: I cant cook for shít. I'm not exactly a handy man, but i will give plenty of hugs and tell you how awesome you are*

I'm an awesone cook (ask IHeartChemistry :D) and I'm the queen of flat pack furniture.

I bought Bambi the other day but I don't know if I can bring myself to watch it =/

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/SARAH%5E%7E1.%5E/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.png[/IMG]lgfp1627+bambi-with-friends-bambi-poster.jpg

I'm an awesone cook (ask IHeartChemistry :D) and I'm the queen of flat pack furniture.

I bought Bambi the other day but I don't know if I can bring myself to watch it =/

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/SARAH%5E%7E1.%5E/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.png[/IMG]lgfp1627+bambi-with-friends-bambi-poster.jpg

The last time you cooked for me I ended up throwing up...
    :p

You also drank quite a lot. And as the person who cleaned up the vomit, there was definately no food in there. :D

You also drank quite a lot. And as the person who cleaned up the vomit, there was definately no food in there. :D

I cleaned most of it up myself! :O

Then all 3 of us in a joint marriage. I smell win :cool:

Hmmmm... no bother, stomach of a champion.

• Advertisement

Then all 3 of us in a joint marriage. I smell win :cool:

Hmmmm... no bother, stomach of a champion.

Bahahahahahahaha xD I'll keep this from himself incase he gets jealous :cool:

Bahahahahahahaha xD I'll keep this from himself incase he gets jealous :cool:
    What he doesent know cant hurt :cool:
    So Sarah's on cooking and DIY, while we are on Sex in The city. Sounds fair?

Deal :cool: I'll bring the alcohol!

Deal :cool: I'll bring the alcohol!
    Reminds me that i bought a 750ml of Captain Morgans.. and got a litre of 'Mount Gay Rum'... WIN.

Reminds me that i bought a 750ml of Captain Morgans.. and got a litre of 'Mount Gay Rum'... WIN.

Last thing I bought was that tie for my boyfriend (realised I talk about him waaaaaay too much here! xD Thank god he never uses this site :pac: )

But I have plans to buy myself a nice LBD. Suggestions welcome :D

Last thing I bought was that tie for my boyfriend (realised I talk about him waaaaaay too much here! xD Thank god he never uses this site :pac: )

Im sure he'd be flattered :3
    LBD?
    We are gonna be in so much trouble tomorrow off the mods D:

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Loads of lovely ones in the asos sale! Some are very cheap as well, worth a look! I recently splurged on an LBD, waiting for it to arrive still, think it's sold out now. Om nom asos.

Link! http://www.asos.com/Women/Sale/Dresses/Cat/pgecategory.aspx?cid=5235#state=Rf900%3D1465%40Rf-200%3D4&parentID=-1&pge=0&pgeSize=200&sort=-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I bought one of these bad boys last week with the last of my birthday money:

commercial-coffee-grinder-423783.jpg

It's unreal.

HA!

I can't drink Captain Morgans anymore....not after last Sunday night....ugh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Made some rather nice impulse buys earlier. The Diving-Bell And The Butterfly (based on the praise its received on here), Mogwai's Happy Songs and Shootenanny! by Eels. Good times ahead.

• Advertisement
Advertisement