Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The official "Look what I gots!" purchases thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

For my birthday :D
    230507577?$product$
    :eek:

I really like watches and own faaaar too many. That's a lovely looking watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

I don't get watches with all those mini faces.. what do they do? :confused:

I had one before and had no idea what all the little things were.. Alas I never wear watches as they feel weird..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Not technically a purchase because my brothers friend gave it to me because my creative zen I've had for 4 years broke on me yesterday (:() but I got a 5th gen ipod nano.:D

Apple_8GB_5th_Generation_iPod_nano_r2_7788.jpg

Now I don't have to listen to annoying people in the street or talking in the library when i'm trying to cram!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

A one hour aromatherapy massage :D

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    A one hour aromatherapy massage :D

16523m1.jpg

I have no self control... Second pair in a week...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Jackobyte wrote: »
    :eek:

I really like watches and own faaaar too many. That's a lovely looking watch.

thanks :) you have more than one???? :eek: tis actually beautiful, I love it!!!
    Noel2k9 wrote: »
    I don't get watches with all those mini faces.. what do they do? :confused:

I had one before and had no idea what all the little things were.. Alas I never wear watches as they feel weird..

the little ones on mine is just a stopwatch kinda, in seconds and minutes :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

I do say, that is a lovely watch you own there.. I wish i had the balls to wear my watch outside of 'occasions'

marko93 wrote: »
    I do say, that is a lovely watch you own there.. I wish i had the balls to wear my watch outside of 'occasions'

This is my baby...bit scratched now =/

rotary-ladies-stone-set-chronograph-bracelet-watch.jpg

This is my baby...bit scratched now =/

rotary-ladies-stone-set-chronograph-bracelet-watch.jpg
    I'll throw up a picture of my badboy ina few :3

This be my baby :')
    5797867347_6d571097cc_z.jpg
    My watch D: by Marko93101, on Flickr

thanks :) you have more than one???? :eek: tis actually beautiful, I love it!!!

the little ones on mine is just a stopwatch kinda, in seconds and minutes :p
    I have about 6 or 7.

The one I wear day to day is this. It has dual display, the analog is just time, the digital can show the time, run a stop watch, run a countdown timer or be turned off.
    41HvR6aQyKL.jpg

I inherited a Hublot from my grandfather than I wouldn't risk wearing day to day. Similar to this but with a leather strap.
    299.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

As much as I love my IEMs I thought it was time for a new set of headphones. Using these for my computer and my IEMs on the go.

sennheiser_hd_201.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

9780552138918.jpg
    :D

Colm! wrote: »
    As much as I love my IEMs I thought it was time for a new set of headphones. Using these for my computer and my IEMs on the go.

sennheiser_hd_201.jpg
    201s! Lovely piece of kit, and nice and cheap as well :)
    What IEMS you got?

Some cheap Sennheisers as well. Don't have much info on those.
    And yeah, quite happy with the quality I'm getting from the 201s.

Even a model series? :L

Oh they are fantastic for the price! If you ever think of upgrading i'd say the M50s are right down your alley if you like the 201s!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

15rNew_chassis_design_0.jpg

<333333

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Some cheap Sennheisers as well. Don't have much info on those.
    And yeah, quite happy with the quality I'm getting from the 201s.

I have some good Sennheisers and Shure earplug type headphones which deliver a more rounded sound compared to the bass-heavy Sennheisers, but I won't be using them much anymore to be honest if my ears are going to be damaged so I'm using AKG K271's for listening, they aren't shoved in my eardrums. I have to start looking after my ears from now on.

Oh they are fantastic for the price! If you ever think of upgrading i'd say the M50s are right down your alley if you like the 201s!

Oh, they do look lovely. But I don't have enough cash :P My next audio-related purchase will have to be a good set of decks or something. I want to get serious about DJing, and there's only so much a keyboard and mouse can do for you.

N_00a9198347.png

Colm, interested in digital DJ'ing?

This has everything you need. Very expensive though but it has software and soundcard built in.

Tetris remix in this video. Awesome!

sennheiser_hd_201.jpg

How are they for comfort? I'm quite tempted to buy BOSE AE2's. I know there are better sounding heaphones for the price but, oh my god, they are like heaven on. They are so comfortable it is unbelievable.

• Advertisement

How are they for comfort? I'm quite tempted to buy BOSE AE2's. I know there are better sounding heaphones for the price but, oh my god, they are like heaven on. They are so comfortable it is unbelievable.
    Buy Bose and I will murder you >_> they're far too overpriced for what you actually get..
    Oh, they do look lovely. But I don't have enough cash :P My next audio-related purchase will have to be a good set of decks or something. I want to get serious about DJing, and there's only so much a keyboard and mouse can do for you.
    Ahh well, they'd be right down your alley if you ever have the cash, well at least i think they would D:
    flyswatter wrote: »
    I have some good Sennheisers and Shure earplug type headphones which deliver a more rounded sound compared to the bass-heavy Sennheisers, but I won't be using them much anymore to be honest if my ears are going to be damaged so I'm using AKG K271's for listening, they aren't shoved in my eardrums. I have to start looking after my ears from now on.
    Which Shure ones have you got? What's the sound of the AKGs like? Was thinking them or a pair of Senns HD25s :3

Buy Bose and I will murder you >_> they're far too overpriced for what you actually get..
    But they are so comfy. Never tried a headset as comfortable before.

But they are so comfy. Never tried a headset as comfortable before.
    How many have you tried?...

How many have you tried?...
    About 10 or so. The headphones online community always says to buy online but I want to try before I buy. Its all great saving €50 on €200 headphones but you have no idea how they sit on your head. I've tried these headphones on in a shop and they were lighter and more comfortable than any I've tried before. You would hardly know they are there. I can't try anything that are apparently marked as good value by the community.

What headphones are they suggesting?
    Also bose are just too overpriced man :/

What headphones are they suggesting?
    Also bose are just too overpriced man :/
    Sennheiser HD 25-1 II

I'm sure they are fantastic headphones but I'd like to try them on first.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

sennheiser_hd_201.jpg

My good friend Seán has these head-phones on his bed-room floor! :eek:
    Great minds! :D

Sennheiser HD 25-1 II

I'm sure they are fantastic headphones but I'd like to try them on first.

If you have the money they I highly suggest them! I've tried them for a few hours and fell in love, while the clamping can be tight depending on your head size they loosen out amazingly, they are my next Audiophile purchase :)

I got skullcandy in-ear headphones in HMV the last day. Oh so good as theyre made for Bass :)

• Advertisement

I got skullcandy in-ear headphones in HMV the last day. Oh so good as theyre made for Bass :)
    Skullcandy? D:
    ewwww :3

Skullcandy? D:

They were 10 euro...

They were 10 euro...
    I hate to sound like a right cnut but i couldnt even justify dishing out the 10 euro >_<
    But I do understand why they're so popular.

I hate to sound like a right cnut but i couldnt even justify dishing out the 10 euro >_<
    Why so??
    But I do understand why they're so popular.
    Lol, Id never heard of them until my friend pointed them out :P

Why so??

Lol, Id never heard of them until my friend pointed them out :P

I absolutly dispise them. They're píss poor quality, i've went through enough pairs when i was younger. They were "cool" when I had them.. Didnt know any better. Now I do and hate them with a passion. (also because i've alot better audio shizzz)

People like them because of how well they're presented and how mainstream they are, people see them everywhere and say oh well they're everywhere, must be good, and buy them. Their marketing team are pretty smart at how they go about it all, audio wise people love the "bass", because thats what most people want. Bass. Nothing but bass. Theres much better options but people refuse to research or even try find another option
    *thats nothing against you*
    I also hate them because my friends try to tell me they're better than what I have.. >_>
    Between them and fecking beats. -_-

/rant

Which Shure ones have you got? What's the sound of the AKGs like? Was thinking them or a pair of Senns HD25s :3

site_img_pa_se115_blu_200.jpg

These Shure's in black. My AKG's are really nice, not really designed for Ipod listening but excellent for studio monitoring anyway. Noise isolating too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

Skullcandy? D:

OT: This is going to sound really stupid but what does this ":3" smiley face mean? I've seen it a few times on teh interwebz but I've no idea what it means.

I got a few bottles of nail varnish from Essense today. They're so cheap! I love this colour.
    ColorGoNailpol27_03.png

Colm, interested in digital DJ'ing?

This has everything you need. Very expensive though but it has software and soundcard built in.

That would be my dream piece of kit and would do exactly what I need. But I'll never be able to afford it. I just want to buy something smaller right now so that I can learn to DJ with gear and then buy an outright beast of a kit like that when I'm good enough to be able to play venues and get the money back.
    Hell, I don't even have a laptop yet :L

site_img_pa_se115_blu_200.jpg

These Shure's in black. My AKG's are really nice, not really designed for Ipod listening but excellent for studio monitoring anyway. Noise isolating too.
    The SE110s.. I've had some experience with them, nice little yokes! Have their older brothers SE210s and SE215s. Fantastic IEMS imo.
    Ohhh, that's a shame then :/ Would really love another fun headphone
    OT: This is going to sound really stupid but what does this ":3" smiley face mean? I've seen it a few times on teh interwebz but I've no idea what it means.

Ehmmm I'm not sure actually o.o

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I got a few bottles of nail varnish from Essense today. They're so cheap! I love this colour.
    ColorGoNailpol27_03.png
    Aww I got that nail varnish last week, its on my toes now!
    Its really nice, but it needs a few coats :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

smiling_cat.jpg

• Advertisement

deise_girl wrote: »
    Its really nice, but it needs a few coats :)

I hate that :( You put on a few coats, it gets thick, it chips easily :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I hate that :( You put on a few coats, it gets thick, it chips easily :(

Yea and its in a teeny bottle so like Im sure the thing is half gone after that one use... I put it on Sunday and its still okay, but ive a feeling if it were on my fingernails it would be kinda chipped by now coz its "soft"

I feel like im in a review thread :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Skullcandy? D:

I really can't stand that kind of snobbery....

They're not the most overwhelming sounding earphones ever, that much is true, but they're perfectly adequate, and most of all, they're fairly robust.

I bought a pair of seinheiser (Or how ever it's spelt) earphones for 30 or 40 quid once and they broke within two or three weeks and this is me putting them in their case when they weren't in use....

I've found a particular type of Skull Candy in ears that cost 25 quid, sound grand and last me easily a college semester....

(Bearing in mind I tend to download fairly high quality music off the tracker I use, not quite flac, but the high end of the mp3 spectrum, so I'll have relatively clean audio signal to begin with, and I listen to a good bit of fairly extreme metal so I need earphones with a fairly decent output....)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Fad wrote: »

They're not the most overwhelming sounding earphones ever, that much is true, but they're perfectly adequate, and most of all, they're fairly robust.

I bought a pair of seinheiser (Or how ever it's spelt) earphones for 30 or 40 quid once and they broke within two or three weeks and this is me putting them in their case when they weren't in use....

I've found a particular type of Skull Candy in ears that cost 25 quid, sound grand and last me easily a college semester....

(Bearing in mind I tend to download fairly high quality music off the tracker I use, not quite flac, but the high end of the mp3 spectrum, so I'll have relatively clean audio signal to begin with, and I listen to a good bit of fairly extreme metal so I need earphones with a fairly decent output....)

I've the same issue with Sennheisers, Got a pair that were £39.99 when released but were 1/2 price, The "gold plated" jack wore down and rendered them useless. Got some half price sonys from Argos at christmas, Still going strong!

Fad wrote: »

I didnt mean to come across as a snob. I swear, I dont like them and have had seriously terrible experiences with them! I listen to FLAC and 320kbs MP3s and they just didnt do the job.
    As for sennheiser, i dont much like their earphone line ethier, had the CX150 and they quality was píss poor.
    I use Shure now, what they do for me no other brand has done in relation to IEMS.
    In my defence each to thier own and I'm allowed my own opinion.
    I've went on to say why I dont like them and it justifys or at least I believe so, what i said.
    I listen to somewhat similar music and I dont like the SCs or the Senns for the job.
    That's my taste, again if you thought it was snobbery I do apologise for this, at the same time I have my own opinion and so do you!

If you like bass and want a nice pair of headphones the Audio technica Ath-M50s would be right down your alley.

1fc1c1c2db5852e08ffc380475e26336b5482f430d37cbc2832a7f7779704019.jpg

Adverts purchase!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Sony-Ericsson-X8-black-front.jpg

I got this for my boyfriend for his birthday as he broke his old one 2 weeks ago.

My cousin is doing her JC this year so I got her a pair of grey heels(in the proper size, coz all hers are miles too big for her coz she just bought them on sale :p) and I told her I have a surprise for her coz I thought she was finished this wek but she's not finished till the 22nd so now I feel evil :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

253397_222810681070530_100000248002190_867710_7429747_n.jpg

Shoes match the ribbon on the box, but in velvet! :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Is it bad that I didn't know my cousin was doing her JC? :pac:

Is it bad that I didn't know my cousin was doing her JC? :pac:

Kind of :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement