Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

David Ellefson Returns to Megadeth!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 FalloutBoy

Class...just class, this is gona be great :D

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Lucifer31

Fantastic. What a surprise. Hoping to catch them in England an' Boston this year. Have seen them several times in recent years, but not with Ellefson. Cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

This is incredible! Just what I wanted to see happen, I cannot believe it, I will have to make one of their next shows now

I mean, just imagine, Poison Was The Cure live performed by Junior and Megadeth....the perfect track

From a marketing point of view, this move also makes great sense now, since fans of the band who have seen them a few times live in the last decade will flock back, not just for Rust In Peace, but also for the original bassist....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

wow!

Talk about unexpected!
    yet another excuse to make the trip to cork for the gig :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Am I the only one that thinks at least one of the other two in the Rust In Peace line up may join up yet?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ah fantastic news :D

Kess73 wrote: »
    Am I the only one that thinks at least one of the other two in the Rust In Peace line up may join up yet?
    well I cant exactly see Friedman rejoining...

There were rumours on another forum that Chris Poland might rejoin (wasnt he in the band around that time)

Max Power1 wrote: »
    well I cant exactly see Friedman rejoining...

There were rumours on another forum that Chris Poland might rejoin (wasnt he in the band around that time)

Poland was involved with the album right up to when they were making demos of the songs.

Menza was asked to come back to the band in 2004, but that went belly up after a few days.

Friedman, well he had his issues with Mustaine and vice versa, but I will be holding onto the hope that he will get stage time on this tour.

The Mustaine/Menza/Ellefson/Friedman line up was the best Megadeth line up by a long way imho, and would love to see it back together, even for one tour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Dragons Revenge

Poland did guitar work for TSHF.

I think it's cool that he's back, but it seems a bit odd that he would join just as the 20th anniversary RIP tour is about to happen. I don't think it will last at all.

Poland was involved with the album right up to when they were making demos of the songs.

Menza was asked to come back to the band in 2004, but that went belly up after a few days.

Friedman, well he had his issues with Mustaine and vice versa, but I will be holding onto the hope that he will get stage time on this tour.

The Mustaine/Menza/Ellefson/Friedman line up was the best Megadeth line up by a long way imho, and would love to see it back together, even for one tour.

+1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

I feel like a schoolgirl!!!

Hahaha I have to get tickets for this tonight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

I highly doubt that Friedman would come back to Megadeth. Besides I think Mustaine should keep Chris Broderick as the man is quite a talented guitarist. Still good news about Ellefson, great to see an original member back in the band.

Testament1 wrote: »
    I highly doubt that Friedman would come back to Megadeth. Besides I think Mustaine should keep Chris Broderick as the man is quite a talented guitarist. Still good news about Ellefson, great to see an original member back in the band.

I just have a sneaky feeling that an offer to rejoin for at least the tour will or has been made to Friedman and Menza. It would make sense in terms of ticket sales, and money can change the minds of a lot of people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

did the latest bass player get kicked out? Mustaine isn't going "to do an Anthrax" now is he....?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

seachto7 wrote: »
    did the latest bass player get kicked out? Mustaine isn't going "to do an Anthrax" now is he....?

He left apparently. There's rumours of a White Lion reunion..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

He left apparently. There's rumours of a White Lion reunion..

'White Lion'?! sounds like a pub in Buckinghamshire or thereabouts.

EDIT: or random white supremist pub rock band

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭I.Am.A.Panda

Lol, all parts of Megadeth are interchangeable bar one :).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Star Bingo wrote: »
    'White Lion'?! sounds like a pub in Buckinghamshire or thereabouts.

EDIT: or random white supremist pub rock band

I can assure you that a White Lion reunion is not happening, not so long as Mike Tramp has blood in his veins and breath in his lungs

Advertisement