Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fencing Costs

• 09-02-2010 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi all, just wondering about average costs to hire in contractor/FRS for some fencing. Need about 350 metres fenced with 3 strand of wire and treated posts etc. also need 3 gates hung. would €5/m sound expensive? looking into hiring digger etc myself but maybe not much between them when time/labour is taken into a/c. thanks for any advise:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

sheafield wrote: »
    Hi all, just wondering about average costs to hire in contractor/FRS for some fencing. Need about 350 metres fenced with 3 strand of wire and treated posts etc. also need 3 gates hung. would €5/m sound expensive? looking into hiring digger etc myself but maybe not much between them when time/labour is taken into a/c. thanks for any advise:)

Hello,

I got a quote from FRS there last year. It was for sheep wire though, plus one strand barbed wire on top, 6ft posts every 4 yards. This was for everything - materials & labour. It worked out around 4.50 + VAT."

See http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055699306&highlight=fencing

I'd imagine 3 strands barbed wire should work cheaper than this.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 336 ✭✭locha

Recently got quoted €4 per metre. That is for 4 strands of barbed wire... personally dont reckon 3 would be enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

sheafield wrote: »

i would perfer to employ a private contractor , IMO , farm relief are not only more expensive , they have a high throughput of staff and many of thier guys cant litterally drive nails

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

I got a quote last year for sheepwire and 2 strands of barbed wire, posts every 5 yards. Costing €5 meter.
    It was from FRS aswell.

Advertisement