Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lyons of LImerick

• 09-02-2010 1:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭

Was in the yard today and they have very little stock on the forecourt. Mostly new fiesta's.

Few months ago the forecourt was brimming with used cars.

Surely things arent that good are they?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Well they have an RS, so things can't be too bad! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

According to carzone they only have 53 used cars in stock which is pretty low for a Ford dealership. However they also have a dealership in Nenagh, maybe they rotate stock between both dealerships?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I'm picking up a new car there today (for a relative). A Fiesta 1.25 Titanium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Enright

With a name like HENRY FORD 3rd what other kind of car would you choose?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Should be nice spec on that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

They had a lotta stuff before Christmas, maybe things are that good, Fiestas must be one of the biggest sellers so far. Although I was there Saturday and the salesmen were staring out at me like frightened rabbits... I know it's Limerick like, but they could chance sticking the head out the door every now and then?

Mike O'Dwyers Mazda on the Dock Road seem to have very little stuff. Moss growing around a RX8 and a 6 (or a 3?) 2.3L. Mazda 6's on sale for 8k with piles of cigarette butts overflowing in them... should have worn my work clothes going to test drive em...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

I was there about a month ago looking for a used Car - practically had to wake the Salesperson and when I did get 6 words out of him they were along the lines of "nah, nothing doing Dude - see ya"

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I have heard its better to go to Cavanaghs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Mc Love wrote: »

What about Shiels of Limerick?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

On the car I collected earlier Lyons were the keenest of all the Ford Dealers mentioned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Mc Love wrote: »

Not in my experience, I was looking at buying a Focus diesel about 3 years ago and Cavanaghs had one. I rang them on a Monday enquiring about it, usual questions and told them I would not be able to view it until the following Saturday. Rang back on the Friday to confirm the car was still there, so arrived out on Saturday to view and test drive the car. First when I asked about the car they had to verify that they had it for sale, then the sales person had to go find it, she arrived back with it after about 10 mins of searching. The car was in some state, about a million dead flies across the front of the car and there were cabage leaves in the boot I tell you. They could have at least made the car prestable given that I rang almost a week before hand and to top it off they quoted me a crazy price considering I had no trade-in.

Now Lyons were not cheap either but at least they were on the ball park as some of the other prices I got. Sheils didn't really have that much in stock to be honest but to be honest if you are looking for a used Ford then the best place to buy one imo is from a non Ford dealer as I did at the time. Ford's are great cars but they suffer above average depreciation due to the large numbers of them sold and fleet discounts, however Ford dealers tend to value them higher than other dealers so there is better value from non Ford dealers imo.

Advertisement