Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Old reg plates

• 09-02-2010 2:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭

Has anybody here got any old motorbike reg plates lying around, or who can tell me of any repair shop/breakers who might have such old plates about the place?
    Any year on the plates btw.

My nephew is looking for a few Irish bike plates ... he's 10 and is mad into bikes.

Cheers,
    Silvera.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Doesn't sound suspicious at all =)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

would ya not get him a full bike :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

To be honest I wouldn't hand over any of my old reg plates to someone over seas I didn't know.

Whats to stop him using them ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

God ye are all very suspicious!:D
    Fair enough, I can understand why nowadays. But I would have no problem showing my id when collecting the plates.

Bear in mind...if somebody wanted to get any reg number made up for dodgy purposes, some motor factors still issue plates without any id or paperwork.
    (And no I dont want new plates, but genuine used ones;)

Cheers
    Silvera.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Silvera wrote: »
    God ye are all very suspicious!:D
    Fair enough, I can understand why nowadays. But I would have no problem showing my id when collecting the plates.

Bear in mind...if somebody wanted to get any reg number made up for dodgy purposes, some motor factors still issue plates without any id or paperwork.
    (And no I dont want new plates, but genuine used ones;)

Cheers
    Silvera.

i had a bike robbed on me last year. I still have the reg plate up on the locker in me room. you can have it if ya want.
    i have nothing to lose so I dont have a problem with you having it.
    even if ya want to get an irish one made up with my new reg plate on it ya can.
    Sure tis gonna be hard for someone to replicate a gsxr-1000 when their only a child.
    actually I do have a spare one for the gsxr.
    I has the not so legal one on it at the moment he he

• Advertisement
Advertisement