Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your score in the HPAT practice?

Options
  • 09-02-2010 2:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭

What score did everyone get in the practice booklet?

I understand the real thing is a bell curve method of points so this would be our only method of comparison until the real thing.. I wasnt sure if i did well or not.

78/110

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭HQvhs

You would be better off scoring it out of 300.
    Each section is worth 100 even though each has a different number of questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Rossie17

Can you score it out of 300? Each question isnt worth the same, I thought it depended on how everyone else gets on?

I got 91/110, I dont think it will be that easy on the day though.

It's true, not every question is worth the same in the real HPAT. But the way they score it is that each section is worth 100, so when you add the three sections you get a total of 300. Thus, by working out what percentage you get in each section you get a more accurate representation than scoring out of 110.
    Another way would be just to give your individual scores for each section.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Rossie17

So I got 32/44 in section one, 34/36 in section 2 and 26/30 in section 3.

thats roughly 72.27+94.44+86.66 = ~253? Im not too bad at the hpat but I know Im not that good!! :p

Hence you can see that they do adjust it! :P Don't stress out over the HPAT, you'll have no problem with it on the day, trust me. Put your time in the LC itself and things will fall into place!

• Advertisement
Advertisement