Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Valentines day for just a new relationship question

Options
  • 09-02-2010 2:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭

I know this girl only a month and we only started a relationship last weekend as Valentines is coming up what would be the best thing to get her as its a new relationship? im confused as i dont want to come off a bit strong and go all out and get flowers or book a meal etc... any opinions would be appreciated.

she said to me yesterday she isnt into valentines and she doesnt care about that day..but i think she would appreciate something.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

thegame wrote: »
    she said to me yesterday she isnt into valentines and she doesnt care about that day..but i think she would appreciate something.

In that case you might want to check with her before booking a meal or something along the lines.

Can't go wrong with a small bunch of flowers to be honest (IMHO)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I was about to post the same thread but thought I'd just add onto this if thats ok.

I'm in the same situation as the OP, one month on. We're pretty serious about each other :)

I got her some perfume but don't know if a card would be too much. I'd have no idea what to write in it :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭thegame

i decided to buy her flowers with a message on a card with them...and we are going for lunch on sunday which ill pay for..that seems enough to me for a new relationship

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭mumto3

You should def get her a card,and maybe some flowers?or choclates.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

KTRIC wrote: »
    I was about to post the same thread but thought I'd just add onto this if thats ok.

I'm in the same situation as the OP, one month on. We're pretty serious about each other :)

I got her some perfume but don't know if a card would be too much. I'd have no idea what to write in it :confused:

In my own experience any woman I was with for valentines prefered the card than anything that came with it, more sentimental I suppose.

Obviously every woman is different mind you so its a hard one to call.

• Advertisement

c - 13 wrote: »
    In my own experience any woman I was with for valentines prefered the card than anything that came with it, more sentimental I suppose.

Obviously every woman is different mind you so its a hard one to call.

I went ahead and bought a card, managed to get one without the words "love" and "girlfriend" on it.

That way I can play it safe. Ended up spending €60 altogether, hope I get at least a good sh@g out of it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭thegame

I went ahead and bought a card, managed to get one without the words "love" and "girlfriend" on it.

That way I can play it safe. Ended up spending €60 altogether, hope I get at least a good sh@g out of it :P

ha ha..i got flowers and had them delivered with a message with it and i brought her out for lunch on sunday..she was chuffed to bits and really happy even her family were happy and it was the first time she has ever got flowers from a boyfriend..so im well happy :)

hope I get at least a good sh@g out of it :P

I'd like to report back on this with an update.

Giggidy :D :P :cool:

Advertisement