Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hachiko: a dogs story

Options
  • 09-02-2010 3:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭

Not a 'pet issue', but a must for dog lovers, just have some tissues....

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭adser53

Havnt watched it yet but have it at home ready to go :) the original japanese one "Hachiko Monogotari" (sp?) is also a must for any dog lover! A fantastic story and great positive publicity for the akita breed which is so often ripped apart by ill informed, ignorant people and their so-called restricted/dangerous dog lists. I challenge anyone not to love them after watching either of the hachiko movies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭squeky

i cried through the whole movie as it exactly what our akita does everyday, and the manner in the dog, its an incrediable film!

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Amzie

I seriously havent cried like that watching a film in a long time!! Its sooooooooooooooooo Sad! and very cute!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

Haven't got round to watching it yet though I'm sure it will be a tear jerker!
    The only thing I hate about films like this is the queue of people who will now be looking for a Shiba Inu or whatever the breed highlighted in a film, then a year down the line rescues are filled with a particular breed because people bought on impulse and didn't do their homework :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

I saw the movie today. It was brilliant. I never ever cry during movies at the cinema but this movie had me in tears. Maybe because it was a true story. I wasn't the only one there sobbing all the way through. Such a loyal dog. Poor hachi.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Discostuy

Watched this last night, and was heartbroken...its very very sad.

As an Akita owner it made it that bit more upsetting...they really portrayed the dog exactly how they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Who cried at Marley and Me? :P

Which is the bigger tear jerker?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭jamesd

Its a lovely film, My Gf cried at the trailer of the movie and we got the dvd of it a month ago and we both loved it since we own an akita.

Well worth watching and will bring a tear to your eye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

jamesd wrote: »
    Its a lovely film, My Gf cried at the trailer of the movie and we got the dvd of it a month ago and we both loved it since we own an akita.

Well worth watching and will bring a tear to your eye.

Is it on dvd already. I saw it in the cinema yesterday. Didn't think it would be on dvd yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Is it on dvd already. I saw it in the cinema yesterday. Didn't think it would be on dvd yet.

I'd say there's probably more than one film. It is based on a true story, after all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭jamesd

Yes its available once you know where to look :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

I saw it a few weeks ago. It really upset me. But it was beautiful showing the love a dog can have for it's owner. I cried more at Marley & Me but this was a close second. Wasn't a huge fan of the film, for some reason Richard Gere annoyed me in it but still nice to see the story being brought to life again.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

For anyone who's never heard of the story:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hachiko

My wife is fairly sure that she can't bring herself to go see it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Reminds me of that Futurama episode with the dog Seymour...I still cry if I think of my dog that died over 10 years ago so would not be able to watch it...dogs really ca be wonderful companions.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

CathyMoran wrote: »
    Reminds me of that Futurama episode with the dog Seymour.

Is that the one with Fry's puppy in the 20th century who waits and waits for him everyday for the rest of his life. Because that's what I said when I saw the trailer for this movie. That Futurama episode makes me so sad.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

iguana wrote: »
    Is that the one with Fry's puppy in the 20th century who waits and waits for him everyday for the rest of his life. Because that's what I said when I saw the trailer for this movie. That Futurama episode makes me so sad.:(
    Its the very same one http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jurassic_Bark :(

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

iguana wrote: »
    Yeah, that futurama episode is based on the story.

Not a fantastic episode, but the ending is beautiful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

fek it,

im gonna watch that episode of futurama now, never before watched it...

:eek:

hachiko was a great film, i saw a shibu inu puppy in frankfurt last year, awesome little fellow, wouldnt go away from me.. met him in the street by his owner and then an hour later again i met him again in a mall.

the one that got away,,,,....!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

CathyMoran wrote: »

shouldnt have watched that.......... just brings back max.

Advertisement