Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newsletters on a budget?

Options
  • 09-02-2010 4:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭

Hello.

I'm wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of a free or cheap alternative to Aweber or Get Response.

20 quid a month for 500 emails seems pricey to me and for my needs.

Thanks for any tips.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Mailchimp is free for erm 500 subscribers and 3000 mails a month

http://www.mailchimp.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

forbairt wrote: »
    Mailchimp is free for erm 500 subscribers and 3000 mails a month

http://www.mailchimp.com/

2nd mailchimp... I use it all the time, its a God send

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Thank guys. I suppose if I ever get to the point where I'm mailing more than 500 people, I really should be prepared to pay a small fee!

condra wrote: »
    Thank guys. I suppose if I ever get to the point where I'm mailing more than 500 people, I really should be prepared to pay a small fee!

Was gonna say that earlier if you're not making anything from 500 emails and what not then whats the point :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Thanks for the recommendation Blacknight. Their one-off price system is intriguing!

condra wrote: »
    Thanks for the recommendation Blacknight. Their one-off price system is intriguing!
    Not really :)

It's desktop software.

You can get addons as services. So, for example, if you wanted to track certain metrics you'd need to look at some of their other services ..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

If you currently have webhosting, you can install PHPList. It's free and very flexible. While I can't comment on the ease of use of paid solutions, I can vouch for PHPList's user-friendliness.

AdMMM wrote: »
    If you currently have webhosting, you can install PHPList. It's free and very flexible. While I can't comment on the ease of use of paid solutions, I can vouch for PHPList's user-friendliness.

Hmmm must be a while since I used it so as I'd have never equated user friendliness into the equation for it.

To avoid getting your email system blacklisted or your hosting companies I'd still go with the other options ( mailchimp ) I've no exp with groupmail so can't say yah or nah on that one.

Also the analytics on other systems CTR's and all that jazz seems to be a lot better with the mentioned systems.

A lot depends on your budget, your setup and your level of patience

We currently use CampaignMonitor for the company newsletter, but we could have just as easily opted for MailChimp, Newsletter.ie or any of the other hosted solutions.

The only reason we're using an outsourced hosted solution is that it was faster and easier to get a designer who'd used their systems to put a template together and then to integrate it with our various websites etc.,

PhpList is a fantastic bit of software and if you have the time, skill and patience to set it up it can be wonderful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Chubbcakes

mail chimp is great. I just paid 15euro per month with vista print, so am going to delete that account now!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Chubbcakes

Hey is anyone having a hard time getting access to mail chimp at the moment?
    I can not seem to log on!

Advertisement