Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ford Focus 07

• 09-02-2010 6:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28

I have a 07D Focus Lx connection saloon, petrol, 68k, one owner, met silver, alloys. No damage, full service history. I've approached a number of Ford garages looking for a trade-in price on a new 1.6 diesel hatchback and have been dismayed at the poor value offered on the 07. Would anyone like to hazard a ballpark guest at the true market value of the car above in a straight cash deal ?
    Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Rulmeq

Mr Kite wrote: »
    I have a 07D Focus Lx connection saloon, petrol, 68k, one owner, met silver, alloys. No damage, full service history. I've approached a number of Ford garages looking for a trade-in price on a new 1.6 diesel hatchback and have been dismayed at the poor value offered on the 07. Would anyone like to hazard a ballpark guest at the true market value of the car above in a straight cash deal ?
    Cheers in advance.

I heard a recent news item on the radio that the focus loses 50% of its value in the first year (I think it was on todayFM, and a representative from Ford contacted them to tell them that it was rubbish), so at a guess I'd say you are getting offers around 8-10k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

7 - 7.5 on a trade in.

Market is flooded with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bf

Would have thought about €8k, plenty of choice out there if you want a focus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭mullingar

IMO 8k

There are 3 things that are going against it.

07. Old road tax
    Petrol, who wants a petrol when they can get the diesel for a little more
    LX, who wants a basic spec?

If it was an 08, Diesel, medium spec with air-con. it would be worth minimum IMO 13k as a trade in, 14k private sale.

Big difference.

You are just another victim of the VRT changes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28 Mr Kite

Yeah, cheers y'all. That is all fair comment and I'll take it on the chin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It might be worth holding tight for a bit as there is a new Focus arriving later in the year. I'm sure you may get a more favorable cost to change price against the then old model as dealers should be more eager to offload old stock once the new model goes on sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

somewhere around 7.5k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 597 ✭✭✭jonnygee

mullingar wrote: »
    IMO 8k

07. Old road tax

If it was an 08, Diesel, medium spec with air-con. it would be worth minimum IMO 13k as a trade in, 14k private sale.

Big difference.

Make that 4 things, It,s a saloon

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

mullingar wrote: »
    IMO 8k

07. Old road tax

Big difference.

It's an LX Connection which has a couple of grands worth of kit extra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28 Mr Kite

I'm probably going to do a deal soon and I've accepted the opinions on here as valid ones. On a related matter I've had two Fords in a row and each time i've negiotated a third year on the usual two year warrantee as part of the deal but this time round the dealer is saying it costs 225euro for the third year and Ford now bill the dealer for this, so its up to me to pay or not. Anyone had any experience of this ?, it sounds like a bit of sales talk to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭savic04

was offered 13k in Ford and 11.5k in Opel, to trade up from a Ford Focus Zetec Connection 1.4 petrol with 40km ......

but there is a new Focus out next year which looks good, so I will wait...

It's an LX Connection which has a couple of grands worth of kit extra.

Most people would probably go for the Zetec Connection though which is more generous again.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭LIS

sorry to butt into thread but i like mr kite got a shock.i have an 06 206 and we just had a baby so understandably its too small,was looking for an 06(not evenwanting to go up a year) passat,407,mondeo tdi hdi.
    spoke to a dealer in dublin and he was offering 3500-4000 for my car.almost had heart failure the car only has about 30,000 miles.
    am i expecting too much?
    would love to hear your thoughts

A Passat/407, etc is 2 segments up from a 206 so it was always going to cost big money to trade up.

Did you shop around? The only price that matters is the cost to change price, the trade-in allowance on your own car is less relevant if the car you are trading it in against is over valued to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭LIS

have contacted a few garages.the cars that i find that are cheap are the ones they offer the least for my own and the dear ones offer more.stands to reason i guess.just a little shocked i guess.what do you think i could get for my car privatly?the car is in great nic.

Advertisement