Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Leagues FIFA 10 Season 6 - Bad Beat/Moan/Venting

Options
  • 09-02-2010 10:57am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all, this thread will replace the existing thread and will be used for all discussions and banter pertaining to the XBOX360 leagues. The old thread has served it's purpose and will be closed now, this can be used from now on.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Glad to see the new one starting so soon. Good job on the admin side of things :).

I ended up with Man city again :o. Boring I know, and I did try to pick somebody else but by the time it was my turn to pick they were the best team left in my estimation. On the plus side, I know their team very well at this stage and know the best 11 to use and who to bring in from the bench, right from the first game. So thats an advantage I suppose.

Even though the number is down and there is only 13 of us in the premiership, in my opinion this is the best season so far in terms of quality. I wouldn't bet on a winner thats for sure. It's gonna be very close ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Yapamillias

im gonna second that...v.strong line up

Parawind v hokem -rivalry :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

im gonna second that...v.strong line up

Parawind v hokem -rivalry :D

Yapamillias v Axwell - Handbags at the ready :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Yapamillias v Axwell - HandManbags at the ready :p

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭djayforza

yeah the man bags will be full of rocks ha ha
    whats the rules on live seacon is it allowed?

• Advertisement

djayforza wrote: »

I presume you mean live season? It doesn't work in leagues, you get the standard teams as they were on day one of release!

ah right i didnt know
    you think i'd know after the qualifying leagues!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Kirby wrote: »
    I ended up with Man city again :o.

I think Man City are class in Fifa 10, easily up there with most of the top teams. Should be a good season.
    djayforza wrote: »

Yeah I borrowed one off Richie so i'm good to go should it be needed.

Can anyone who hasnt given thanks on the rules sticky do so before we start. I'll be sending the league name and password to people over xbox to those that have, those that havent wont be allowed to enter the league till they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Championship going to be interesting, I ended with Real Madrid :D but I bet I will still finish lower end of the table. Richie will be hard to beat depending on his team selection. Keep an eye out on Timeout with Chelsea.

I reckon Yapa to do well in the prem.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Some of the picks so far in the championship have been interesting, Man City picked second and Wolfsburg picked 5th..Wolfsburg also making an appearance in the premiership this season.

• Advertisement

bennyc wrote: »
    Richie will be hard to beat depending on his team selection.

I've been fairly well struggling so far. I'd be more worried about you having Real Madrid. My finishing is shockingly bad and my defending is worse!

Not a hope of me getting promoted unless I get a team I'm happy enough with, and do some serious practicing!

Im surpised at some of the teams that have been picked so far, theres a few decent ones left there for you to pick.

I was quite shocked myself!!

Well good luck to whoever gets Utd, I couldn't get the hang of them at all last season, Rooney is the only player on the team that's any good!!

Rooney10 wrote: »
    I've been fairly well struggling so far. I'd be more worried about you having Real Madrid. My finishing is shockingly bad and my defending is worse!

Not a hope of me getting promoted unless I get a team I'm happy enough with, and do some serious practicing!

The way things are shaping up you might even get Liverpool yet :p,

cant believe Inter are still there after 6 selections.

bennyc wrote: »
    The way things are shaping up you might even get Liverpool yet :p,

I couldn't bring myself to pick Liverpool. Not without someone passing the Dettol first. :p

Uh oh, I had my 1, 2, and 3 and all of them have been picked by the last batch of players! Back to the drawing board, me thinks, me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Joe had last pick in the prem. Who did he pick? the list has been taken down...

the list has been taken down...

I just noticed that aswell...

Rooney10 wrote: »
    I couldn't bring myself to pick Liverpool. Not without someone passing the Dettol first. :p

now thats just harsh i picked liverpool in seria A, they might be muck in reality but stevie g is a machine in the game

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Yapamillias

arghhhhhh i just came home and my brother just said that munich were free!!!! totally totally missed them when picking teams :eek::eek::eek:

Schoolboy error...v.costly

• Advertisement

Joe had last pick in the prem. Who did he pick? the list has been taken down...

Bayern..the list was being updated..its up now.

Bayern weren't picked until last? Thats mental.

Yeah the difference in picks between the different leagues is weird. Was suprised to see Wolfsburg picked and suprised at some of the teams people picked early on. Poor Yapa could have had them but he didnt noticed and others had them as their second choice but got their first so they just went by unnoticed

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Axwell wrote: »
    Yeah the difference in picks between the different leagues is weird. Was suprised to see Wolfsburg picked and suprised at some of the teams people picked early on. Poor Yapa could have had them but he didnt noticed and others had them as their second choice but got their first so they just went by unnoticed

Bayern are lovely as an attacking team but they are truely dreadful defensively. Both of their keepers are terrible.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Bayern are lovely as an attacking team but they are truely dreadful defensively. Both of their keepers are terrible.

With Fifa 10 all keepers are terrible, they run out like headless chickens and wont stay on their line. Bayern have a savage forward line though and for that alone im suprised they werent picked earlier. Suprised you havent changed your signature yet! :D

Robben, Ribery, Gomez.... you don't argue with that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

With Fifa 10 all keepers are terrible, they run out like headless chickens and wont stay on their line. Bayern have a savage forward line though and for that alone im suprised they werent picked earlier. Suprised you havent changed your signature yet! :D

Unless you play as Bayern, you won't understand just how bad the keepers are. As for my sig, I'm going for something Terry-inspired :) Seems fitting!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

I had Bayern as my 2nd choice but AC Milan just about pipped them for me cos the defence is decent and I like using the front 3.

Reina saved my ass last season, the amount of point blank shots and 1v1s that he saved were unreal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Yeah went with Bayern. Couldnt believe they were still free. Was tempted to go with Valencia again as it was in the second half of the season I actually started playing really well with them but didnt want to be boring *cough* kirby :P

Played one quick game with them and like Gomez,Ribery,Robben and Klose. Bit worried about the defence but I think they are an overall improvement on Valencia and in attacking terms much the same as them. Mata ,Silva, Villa and Hernandez were all pretty damn good.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement