Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Leagues FIFA 10 Season 6 - Bad Beat/Moan/Venting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Mr Moon wrote: »
    This weeks fixtures brings us to the half way stage of the league.

As in the rules players who haven't played enough games will be docked points. Exceptions are made for players who have RROD

Premiership

Man Utd (RROD)

La Liga

Liverpool
    Valencia
    Aston Villa
    Chelsea
    Man Utd
    Man City
    Wolfsburg

Serie A

Aston Villa

A point will be deducted for each game not completed by Friday week, unless you've played over half your games!

nice one, the prem is pretty up-to-date. when did The Dunne get RROD?

Lol, Am I really playing CashelMan twice this coming week? has that happened before? Should be fun! playing Yapa probably wont be......:)

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Yapamillias

Im playing arsenal twice and parawind is playing robinson twice and no...if you play a default formation you will probably lose. (now im wondering if you will take the bait and play a 6-0-4 formation :rolleyes:)

Im playing arsenal twice and parawind is playing robinson twice and no...if you play a default formation you will probably lose. (now im wondering if you will take the bait and play a 6-0-4 formation :rolleyes:)

hmmm so many made up customs formations, you know Ive got loads! Ive even got a 5 defender, 3 CDM formation but even George Graham wouldnt play such a negative formation!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

I only have one game this week??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Folks I am Real in LaLiga and have sent my good console off with RROD, I have another box out of warrenty but generally it only works for a short time before overheating and RROD then wont work for 24hours. It works fine usually for Sky PLayer so if you could well see me online. I expect to be back in action in 2 weeks.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

NOTE REGARDING FIXTURES:

Right had a look at the fixtures and people asking about playing twice etc.

The first fixture in most cases is your last game of the first half of the season (e.g I have to play Chelsea vs Man Utd). The next game happens to be against the same team but is your first game of the second half of the season and the opposite fixture (Man Utd vs Chelsea).

The league republic system randomly assigns the fixtures so it just happened to draw the two fixtures in the same week where the overlap is between the first and second half of the season..

So the posted fixtures are correct.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

SRFC90 wrote: »
    I'm down to play Hokem twice this week, and we were down as to have a fixture last week,(which hasn't been played yet), so I take it we only play each other twice yeah!? Silly Q but gotta ask!

And Man Utd got RROD, so is that 3 points for everyone he plays between now and end of season or is he expected back!?

Please post in the proper thread you know that at this stage.

You werent down to play Kirby last week, you had Juventus and Liverpool for the week 5th of March.

As explained above for the week of the 12th March your last fixture for the first half of the season is the away game Man City vs Inter, in the same game week you have the first fixture of the second half of the season which happens to be the home game Inter vs Man City and a game against United.

As regards Man Utd and the RROD you wont be getting the points awarded, unless he pms us otherwise it is assumed he is getting it repaired and will have it back in 2 weeks or so and catch up on his fixtures then the same as normal.

the dunne(Man U) was online 6 hours ago playing modern warfare, you sure he has RROD?

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    the dunne(Man U) was online 6 hours ago playing modern warfare, you sure he has RROD?

If you are due to play him why dont you send him a message and check?
    As for being sure he has RROD, yes im quite sure he had ...:rolleyes:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055823095&page=13

He may have got it back at this point he can but he wasnt able to play his fixtures hence he has a valid reason for not playing the quota of games and the reason his name is on that list.

• Advertisement

dont you :rolleyes: at me.........:)

ok no bother, i did notice he was very quiet on my friend list of late in fairness! hopefully he'll be on over the weekend...my fixtures have built up a bit lately, hokem, dunne and now this week against cashelmanx2 and yapa

dont you :rolleyes: at me.........:)

Lol..i believe I already did..dont doubt or question us when we say he has RROD and you wouldnt get the eye roll :D

The premiership fixtures are grand everyone has been keeping on top of them, its the other two leagues that need to get a move on and play their games and points will be deducted at the end of this fixture week from those that dont.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Lads I have been having big problems with disconnections since my broadband moved from BT to Vodafone. I have been on to them to try and fix it but to no avail. The problem seems worse between 6 - 12 PM at night. Things seem to settle down around midnight so it is usually then when I'm online to play my league games.

Games to Play:
    Wolfsburg
    BeeeeKay (selephonic)

Chelsea
    Garak001 (Future Guy)

Liverpool
    mjens (mjens)

Man City
    SDTimeout (SDTimeout)

Man Utd
    Garball1 (Garball)

Real Madrid
    Bennycon (Bennyc)

Real Madrid
    Bennycon (Bennyc)

Tottenham
    Storybud22 (Storybud22)

PM me when suits you to play,

Ta

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Town Man

joe123 wrote: »
    LEAGUE NAME: Premiership
    GAMEWEEK: Mar-12
    RESULT: Bayern (joe123) 3 - 2 Seville (Townman)

Skin of my teeth this one. Went 2-0 up and should of had the game finished at the end of the first half after missing a few sitters which someone came off the post both times. Second half complete opposite. Seville were all over me. Managed to score a good goal with ribery and ran the clock down at the end by holding it in the corner!

At 2-2 I pressed the wrong button with my goalie. I meant to kick it and he threw it out...straight to a seville player. I was very lucky I recovered there.

Being honest Joe I was very surprised and disappointed by your tactics at the end of holding the ball in the corner since your dead against other negative tactics such as passing the ball across the back 4/back 6

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Yapamillias

Town Man wrote: »
    Being honest Joe I was very surprised and disappointed by your tactics at the end of holding the ball in the corner since your dead against other negative tactics such as passing the ball across the back 4/back 6

oh-noes-you-dint.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

But I was holding the ball at your corner flag thats perfectly legit no? :confused:

Theres a huge difference in that and the whole passing the ball among the back 4.

Im dead against the passing the ball among the back 4 as I feel it just exploits crappy AI in fifa as you can basically do that for an entire game if your quick enough. As where when I am shielding the ball in your half there is every chance you can get it.

LOADS of people have done this to me over the course of fifa and I never saw a problem with it? The max amount of time wasting you get out of it anyways is about 10 seconds!

joe123 wrote: »
    But I was holding the ball at your corner flag thats perfectly legit no? :confused:

Theres a huge difference in that and the whole passing the ball among the back 4.

Im dead against the passing the ball among the back 4 as I feel it just exploits crappy AI in fifa as you can basically do that for an entire game if your quick enough. As where when I am shielding the ball in your half there is every chance you can get it.

LOADS of people have done this to me over the course of fifa and I never saw a problem with it? The max amount of time wasting you get out of it anyways is about 10 seconds!

but it's still a negative tactic. It's not a moan at you, it's a frustration how this league has become more of a " win at all costs" and the fun is being taken out of what it was originally intended to be!

anyway Joe your a great player like all the players in the league and I mean it as a compliment when I say we shouldn't need to use custom formations or other such tactics to play the boards league

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭storybud22

my gripe is i asked richie mufc to play me about 10 days ago.he said he was playing ut and he will message me during week.he didnt get to me. i asked him today and he said was playing modern warfare. 15 mins later he throws on fable2. i ask him nicely league game mate. he said he was sick of fifa and he will pm everyone for their games this coming week. our fixture was meant to be played last week. its not at dig at richie just :mad: that he never wants to play. he a sound fella anyway id say rant over:):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Alright lads, had a router problem. Slipped my mind to PM the other lads. Will be online to major catch up from tomorrow!

my luck isnt turning and im bound for the championship. Cashelman played decent and was well organised and not in the 6-0-4 way. He got 2 decent goals but the 3rd one was crazy, think the ball was crawling towards the net, had pique with plenty of time to get it and tidy up but valdes decided to trip him and the ball barely got there, a real gem of Fifa 10, id have laughed if it wasnt a league game!

think i hit the post with zlatan and think i had xavi alone on the peno spot, finesse shot in the corner, it would be a goal 99% of the time but not this time. had other chances too that slid past the post that might have been goals in other games. joke, no offense to Cashelman but the 3-0 result felt very unfair. out of 6 defeats, ive been quite unlucky in 4 of them. ill trundle along nevertheless

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Rooney10 wrote: »
    I wanted to play UT when it came out, and I wanted to finish Fable 2 and MW2 this weekend. I've discovered that other games exist too. Sue me. :p:p

Lies and propaganda there are no other games, there is just fifa!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭storybud22

cool beans richie hopefully we play dis week

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I wanted to play UT when it came out, and I wanted to finish Fable 2 and MW2 this weekend. I've discovered that other games exist too. Sue me. :p:p

(Deleted my post by accident!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

storybud22 wrote: »
    cool beans richie hopefully we play dis week

As I said before, I'll send you and everyone else I have to play a PM to organise our games ;)

Time for a change of tone!

Thanks to Yapa for the 2 best games ive played in this league. i know you had issues with one of the zlatan goals and i had an issue with one of yours but 2-1 1st game a while back and 3-3 yesterday, they were attacking, open, tense exciting games! you are prob the best player in the prem and your style of play is tough but enjoyable to play against so im delighted I got something from the game.

And thanks to Axwell and Mr Moon for coming up with a brilliant fair decision on the bizarre glitch that happened in my 2nd game with CashelMan. I look forward to the 2nd half of the game with CashelMan, hopefully i can hold out!

Time for a change of tone!

Thanks to Yapa for the 2 best games ive played in this league. i know you had issues with one of the zlatan goals and i had an issue with one of yours but 2-1 1st game a while back and 3-3 yesterday, they were attacking, open, tense exciting games! you are prob the best player in the prem and your style of play is tough but enjoyable to play against so im delighted I got something from the game.

And thanks to Axwell and Mr Moon for coming up with a brilliant fair decision on the bizarre glitch that happened in my 2nd game with CashelMan. I look forward to the 2nd half of the game with CashelMan, hopefully i can hold out!

just put yourself down for the win altogether, no need just to play a half.
    Nice of Mr Moon and Axwell to let me know anyway!! :D

just put yourself down for the win altogether, no need just to play a half.
    Nice of Mr Moon and Axwell to let me know anyway!! :D

only if you're sure cashelman. hope your not too pissed off with the situation but man, it was a weird glitch. maybe it wouldnt have happened if i kept the damn free-kick on target!

thought it would have been grossly unfair for me to have lost out on my 5-0 lead but its not exactly fair to win based on 45mins either so the lads decision was perfect, well played by the admin on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

only if you're sure cashelman. hope your not too pissed off with the situation but man, it was a weird glitch. maybe it wouldnt have happened if i kept the damn free-kick on target!

thought it would have been grossly unfair for me to have lost out on my 5-0 lead but its not exactly fair to win based on 45mins either so the lads decision was perfect, well played by the admin on this one.

What was the glitch?

zlatan had a free, i blazed it over, game didnt recognise the ball was out of play and didnt proceed to Cashelman's Kick out. We couldnt control the players either, i could pause though. it was really weird and it wasnt my fault or cashelman's. Hope it never happens again in the whole league.

• Advertisement

Sounds to me like your free kick was so bad you booted the ball over row Z and out of the stadium. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement