Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Leagues FIFA 10 Season 6 - Bad Beat/Moan/Venting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,375 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

should put it up for a vote next season, more people would prefer the null and void route I'd say.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

We have enough problems in some of the leagues as it is getting people to play their games. Rather encourage them to play them than sit it out hoping that someone quits the league at some stage and they get the 3 points for nothing. Also if people that joined the league werent time wasters and didnt leave it would solve all the problems, such is the issue with letting new players in from qualifying. They lose interest when things dont go their own way during the season or the real league starts and they have to play games.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Thats a good point.

But the 3-0 victory rewards those who were too lazy to play on time and have outstanding games with people who quit....and punishes those who got them in on time and may have dropped points.

Food for thought.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Well we introduced the new rule to try make people play their games more often than have a load of fixtures left unplayed. I think thats more of an important issue than someone quitting as most of the time we dont have huge numbers quitting during the season but the amount of games left unplayed or left to build up is always an issue each season.

Again the problem is usually with the new people from qualifying, the players in the premiership at this stage are their the longest or have gone through a season already and arent likely to quit. Any of these issues are with the newer players who are mad to join when qualifying is on and then lose interest once things get moving. Whats more annoying is when they havent the decency to answer your messages on boards or xbox asking them why they just quit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Kirby wrote: »
    Food for thought.
    nom-nom-nom.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Got my XBox back folks so will be around over the weekend to catch up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

I never normally complain about tactics and such in this game...but a 6 man defence and 2 DM in front of it!? I mean COME ON!! REALLY!? Horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Moiph wrote: »
    I never normally complain about tactics and such in this game...but a 6 man defence and 2 DM in front of it!? I mean COME ON!! REALLY!? Horrible.

Think you're refering to me? It's 4 at the back man, with 2 in front. Not 6 and 2 :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭DerryRed

what was the score in the match?

Not referring to anyone in the league, just a game I played earlier that got under my skin so I decided to vent. It finished 1-1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Yapamillias

Not happy about the two CDMs. Think this is my last season. I will finish this but didnt want to say it after one of my losses. This has nothing to do with losing..its not fun anymore. Too many people are in it 'just' to win it. It should be fun.

Not happy about the two CDMs. Think this is my last season. I will finish this but didnt want to say it after one of my losses. This has nothing to do with losing..its not fun anymore. Too many people are in it 'just' to win it. It should be fun.

i might join you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Im just wondering are people using the 6 defenders formation as an excuse to just give out about Fifa or do they really hate it that much?

I get just as pissed off with the game as others but I dont really mind the 6 man defence thing at all. Yes I use that formation and yes ive found it just as hard as the rest of you break down when I was playing Mr.Moon etc but I also found bassman just as hard break down among others.

After our 5-5 draw me and yapa played a good few games even with normal formations and me as wolfsburg and him as bayern. It didnt change the sort of results we get against each other. I won as wolfsburg with a default formation against his bayern default but I only let in one goal.

I couldnt score a goal against Kirby and he used a default formation although granted it uses a 2 cdm formation but its still a default one.

Honestly I just think people are getting pissed off they are dropping points more often and need something to blame. Its the most competitive league so far in terms of good players and everyone takes points off eachother.

I just think blaming it on one specific formation isnt fair.

Besides this if it makes people happy id more than happily drop my formation for next season and would be happy if custom formations were banned if it makes the league more enjoyable for others?

dunno, my game against mark was terrible and very boring and was made worse when he managed to sneak a flukey finesse shot before half-time. not only was it 6 defenders but his wingers were defending more than usual so he only really had sneidjer and eto'o attacking and milito, one of the best strikers in the game, on the bench. one of these days, im going to play my 5 defender, 3 cdm, 2 lonely strikers formation and hope to fluke the win, then we shall see how happy or bored the other guy is.

and banning custom formations isnt the way to go because it could still be expoited. Rules like no more than 4 defenders and no more than 2 CDMs may have to be introduced but id say a new league will need to be formed for that one to happen. attacking is the hardest part of the game and thats why I hope Yapa wins the league because even if he doesnt, he derserves it the most and is probably the best player in the league.

joe123 wrote: »
    Im just wondering are people using the 6 defenders formation as an excuse to just give out about Fifa or do they really hate it that much?

I get just as pissed off with the game as others but I dont really mind the 6 man defence thing at all. Yes I use that formation and yes ive found it just as hard as the rest of you break down when I was playing Mr.Moon etc but I also found bassman just as hard break down among others.

After our 5-5 draw me and yapa played a good few games even with normal formations and me as wolfsburg and him as bayern. It didnt change the sort of results we get against each other. I won as wolfsburg with a default formation against his bayern default but I only let in one goal.

I couldnt score a goal against Kirby and he used a default formation although granted it uses a 2 cdm formation but its still a default one.

Honestly I just think people are getting pissed off they are dropping points more often and need something to blame. Its the most competitive league so far in terms of good players and everyone takes points off eachother.

I just think blaming it on one specific formation isnt fair.

Besides this if it makes people happy id more than happily drop my formation for next season and would be happy if custom formations were banned if it makes the league more enjoyable for others?

You cant possible say that because of one game that we played with different teams that 2 cdms dont make a difference. I played as Bayern and you won and that was at the end of a bad night of fifa for me. I like the game. I like the league. I play in another league that uses the team formation that fifa has default for each team. Its enjoyable and expansive. There isnt a rule that says that we must play with 'normal' formations in that league...but its more the spirit of the game.

Im afraid that its got nothing to do with me or other people dropping points. I said the same thing to people when I was winning all my games. Dont go dropping your formation, stay how you are. Im just saying (and so are other people) that it takes no skill to defend with two cdms and i have to try and force a goal when people play like because you cant score a goal by playing around the human bus parked in front of the goal.

Saying that other people play the same way by pressing LT and backtracking is a bad argument im afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Finally had a half decent game earlier. Was against Djayforza and it ended in a 2-2 draw but i'll take the point.

Altho he scored some poxy equalizer lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

You cant possible say that because of one game that we played with different teams that 2 cdms dont make a difference. I played as Bayern and you won and that was at the end of a bad night of fifa for me. I like the game. I like the league. I play in another league that uses the team formation that fifa has default for each team. Its enjoyable and expansive. There isnt a rule that says that we must play with 'normal' formations in that league...but its more the spirit of the game.

Im afraid that its got nothing to do with me or other people dropping points. I said the same thing to people when I was winning all my games. Dont go dropping your formation, stay how you are. Im just saying (and so are other people) that it takes no skill to defend with two cdms and i have to try and force a goal when people play like because you cant score a goal by playing around the human bus parked in front of the goal.

Saying that other people play the same way by pressing LT and backtracking is a bad argument im afraid.

We played way more than one game. And for a few of those I used Bayerns default and still we had tight games.

The only reason I play with two cdms is because Tymoshyck (sp?) is one of my faster players and basically I need him to cover for demichellis and co for being one of the slowest defenses in the game.

Ive had some really exciting games in the league this year. Me and you had a 5-5 and 4-3 so maybe I just dont defend like the rest of the 6 man defenses in the league but they were pretty good games. That 5-5 was just ridiculous goal after goal.

Ive played storybud loads of times and weve had loads of good games. He beat me 7-0 i beat him 7-0. Ive used both default and my own formation against him and stil had good competitive games.

When I played Moon, that was probably the hardest match I had to try and break down. Sure he played the 6 man defense and I spent alot of our first game on the edge of his box trying to break through but I just looked at it as another challenge even though I ended up drawing.

Personally if I had a fast defense id probably play with the default formation and i can see how it could be frustrating to be trying to break down a Real/Chelsea or Inter an entire game only for Ronaldo/Drogba or an eto to just score one of their ridiculous goals.

When you asked me to pick Wolfsburg and you Bayern with default formations I felt like that was you saying "ok now im going to show you how easily I could beat you with a better team and no custom formations".Thats why I was chuffed to win that match.

But my point is you go on about how so many people just want to prove they're the best and not enjoy it well what were you aiming to do in this match so?

Whats fun for "you" may not be as fun for somebody else.

"You" like going gung ho with loads of attackers and leaving four at the back. Thats great. But thats not everybody's strength. And its unreasonable to expect everyone else to play how you want them to. Thats not how gaming, or indeed football works.

Personally I enjoy a good backs against the wall defending match. In my game
    against Joe I scored at the start of the second half. And he had me under enough pressure to crush a rock for the rest of the match. Last ditch tackles, good saves, clearances under pressure etc etc. It was brilliant when the final whistle went and I'd kept a clean sheet. With a default formation before anybody starts whining. For me, that was just as good as scoring 5 against yapa. Probably better.

"You" want an open and stretched game because "you" feel you attack better than most people. Thats fine. And it makes sense for you. But it doesn't make sense for your opponent to let you do that.

It's kind of like when Wenger bitches and moans when teams rough arsenal up. How dare they try and stop him playing his tippy-tappy football!

If the organiser think banning custom formations will improve the league, go for it. It won't help, but go for it. I wouldn't have an issue with it. But lads stop whining when you lose. Everybody loses. Nobody is unbeaten in the prem so just deal with it and move on.

Banning custom formations is unlikely to happen to be honest. Its part of the game and people should be allowed to play whatever formation they want. Also im sure if we banned it there would still be people using custom formations of some sort, personally I'm not going to sit there and wait for their formation to load just so I can be sure they arent using one or double checking everytime they pause the game they didnt switch to a custom formation.

People are posting about quitting because the league isnt fun. This thread in the past seasons used to be banter and a laugh. Now its just full of whinging and moaning about rules and formations, if anything that takes the fun out of the league. Banter is non existant and people just play their games and post results. Outside of that its just complaining and whinging about one thing or another.

Play whatever formation you want, if you win great if you lose unlucky but thats football. The more restrictions and rules applied just makes the whole thing become regimented and takes whatever fun there is out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Axwell wrote: »
    Banning custom formations is unlikely to happen to be honest. Its part of the game and people should be allowed to play whatever formation they want. Also im sure if we banned it there would still be people using custom formations of some sort, personally I'm not going to sit there and wait for their formation to load just so I can be sure they arent using one or double checking everytime they pause the game they didnt switch to a custom formation.

People are posting about quitting because the league isnt fun. This thread in the past seasons used to be banter and a laugh. Now its just full of whinging and moaning about rules and formations, if anything that takes the fun out of the league. Banter is non existant and people just play their games and post results. Outside of that its just complaining and whinging about one thing or another.

Play whatever formation you want, if you win great if you lose unlucky but thats football. The more restrictions and rules applied just makes the whole thing become regimented and takes whatever fun there is out of it.

Thats the best Sepp Blatter impression ever! hehehe ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    dunno, my game against mark was terrible and very boring and was made worse when he managed to sneak a flukey finesse shot before half-time. not only was it 6 defenders but his wingers were defending more than usual so he only really had sneidjer and eto'o attacking and milito, one of the best strikers in the game, on the bench. one of these days, im going to play my 5 defender, 3 cdm, 2 lonely strikers formation and hope to fluke the win, then we shall see how happy or bored the other guy is.

and banning custom formations isnt the way to go because it could still be expoited. Rules like no more than 4 defenders and no more than 2 CDMs may have to be introduced but id say a new league will need to be formed for that one to happen. attacking is the hardest part of the game and thats why I hope Yapa wins the league because even if he doesnt, he derserves it the most and is probably the best player in the league.

I play 4 at the back with 2 defensively minded midfielders. Nothing else. No defending wingers (:confused:) or any other stuff you've said there. And I may choose to play or not to play Milito if I so wish. It has nothing to do with what you're talking about.

Flukey goal? It was a normal one, just my second when I hit you on the break. I knew you'd be annoyed, anyone would if they hit the post twice like you did, but don't turn around and start blaming the first thing that comes into your head. You got unlucky, everyone does. Move on.

Oh, and I'm with Axwell about the so much whinging this year, makes things fairly shíte.

Whats fun for "you" may not be as fun for somebody else.

obviously
    "You" like going gung ho with loads of attackers and leaving four at the back. Thats great. But thats not everybody's strength. And its unreasonable to expect everyone else to play how you want them to. Thats not how gaming, or indeed football works.

yes i like to attack with my attackers while leaving my defenders back to defend.
    Personally I enjoy a good backs against the wall defending match. In my gameagainst Joe I scored at the start of the second half. And he had me under enough pressure to crush a rock for the rest of the match. Last ditch tackles, good saves, clearances under pressure etc etc. It was brilliant when the final whistle went and I'd kept a clean sheet. With a default formation before anybody starts whining. For me, that was just as good as scoring 5 against yapa. Probably better.

You get all of the above with 4 defenders, it is true, i have seen it. You scored 5 against me but you cant say that that wasnt a freak result..because it was
    "You" want an open and stretched game because "you" feel you attack better than most people. Thats fine. And it makes sense for you. But it doesn't make sense for your opponent to let you do that.

I want a more open game where I dont have to force my way through a human wall...yes...i can say that, we arent playing for money or a prize...im task orientated...its not all about the outcome for me. I play badly and I deserve to lose then fine...ill have a moan but a day later im over it.
    It's kind of like when Wenger bitches and moans when teams rough arsenal up. How dare they try and stop him playing his tippy-tappy football!

Indeed it is and I know everyone likes watching Arsenal over Blackburn.
    If the organiser think banning custom formations will improve the league, go for it. It won't help, but go for it. I wouldn't have an issue with it. But lads stop whining when you lose. Everybody loses. Nobody is unbeaten in the prem so just deal with it and move on.

The organizers wont ban it. Yes nobody is unbeaten. If I dropped to third now and we finished the league I wouldn't care because its just not interesting or fun.

You say "obviously" but I dont think you are getting it. Some of us like defending. We shouldnt be forced not to just because some people dont like it.

And scoring 5 wasnt a freak. Thats a bit disrespectful man. I scored 4 against ya in the other game. They cant both be freak results.

I think you are getting down about it and taking it too seriously. If you want to quit next season I think it would be a shame. For everyone involved. Don't quit.

Good defending is enjoyable, crowding out the opposition is easy. Yapa, Parawind and you too Kirby know how to defend without excessive unrealistic amounts of defenders.

SRFC90 wrote: »
    I play 4 at the back with 2 defensively minded midfielders. Nothing else. No defending wingers (:confused:) or any other stuff you've said there. And I may choose to play or not to play Milito if I so wish. It has nothing to do with what you're talking about.

Flukey goal? It was a normal one, just my second when I hit you on the break. I knew you'd be annoyed, anyone would if they hit the post twice like you did, but don't turn around and start blaming the first thing that comes into your head. You got unlucky, everyone does. Move on.

Oh, and I'm with Axwell about the so much whinging this year, makes things fairly shíte.

FFS you think your second goal was good, i had a 3-3-4 formation on ultra offensive to try and break down your ridiculous formation. Not playing Milito is very negative.

PS-you have been lagging since Fifa 09, ring your ISP.

So eh....boobs?

Awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

lads tatics are tatics if someone wants to play 5-4-1 with two cdm's leave them if its effective and it works for them it there choice, if you are a good player you will overcome it.

look what teams do to chelsea and united they park the bus in the middle of the goal and sometimes it works!

So eh....boobs?

Awesome.

I concur..

lads tatics are tatics if someone wants to play 5-4-1 with two cdm's leave them if its effective and it works for them it there choice, if you are a good player you will overcome it.

look what teams do to chelsea and united they park the bus in the middle of the goal and sometimes it works!

ya but sometimes its the big teams that are parking the bus in our league, not the smaller team.

• Advertisement

A person might have a stronger team but know they are a weaker player. Big and small is relative. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement