Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Leagues FIFA 10 Season 6 - Bad Beat/Moan/Venting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

I'll be on tonight, sorry for not playing last noight!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

I'm on for the night now, have to play Man City(messaged you the other night Kirby, didn't hear anything back though), Sevilla and Wolfsburg

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭DerryRed

Axwell wrote: »
    The thing is we set out the rules at the start about this. Each week you have 3 fixtures which isnt a lot to get played. If people keep up with them they wont have lots of unplayed fixtures at the end to try catch up on. People that havent played the majority of their games wont be taking part next season. People that dont finish all their games get a deduction in points. Its only fair on those that make the effort to play their games that those that dont get penalised for it instead of them avoiding relegation or sitting mid table when they arent making an effort to play.

In fairness I've made every effort to play these guys, but I'm not getting any response, despite repeatedly sending messages (not just for the last few days, but since the fixtures were published). I'm due to play one of my remaining 4 tonight. I'll let you know if I'm still not getting any response from the other fellas by the middle of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Moiph wrote: »
    I'm on for the night now, have to play Man City(messaged you the other night Kirby, didn't hear anything back though), Sevilla and Wolfsburg

Session of clubs mate. Couldn't leave em hanging :p And then you forget the message pop up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Finished all my games now in Serie A. Currently top by a good bit but if bonescap or mancho win their remaining games ill be in trouble :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Kirby wrote: »
    Session of clubs mate. Couldn't leave em hanging :p And then you forget the message pop up.

Ive messaged you before aswell and got nothing back. You around this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

SRFC90 wrote: »
    LEAGUE NAME: Premiership
    GAMEWEEK: 9th april
    RESULT: Liverpool (Parawind) 1-1 Inter Milan (SRFC90)

Late deflected goal saved me a point here in my battle for survival! First bit of luck I can remember getting in a long time. Big games against Axwell and robanson to come!

Its moments like this that make me love and hate fifa. I love the real possibility of something like that happening just like in real football, but at the same time its the most frustrating thing ever, i did everything right and yet i get punished for it. I clear a corner, lucio picks it up and takes a shot that is never troubling the keeper, it takes a massive deflection off babels head and goes in the complete other side of the goal.

It really is the story of my season and i suppose a fitting finale too. I just hope next season i get some bloody luck when i need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

DerryRed wrote: »
    I've four games left to play. I've had a few problems trying to get some of these games played over the last few days. One person told me that he would be online last Thursday between 8 and 10, for our game. He never showed and hasn't been online all weekend - and no message with an explanation. Another opponent came online last night and told me that he would be available in 15 minutes as he was playing a friend a quick match. I waited till his game was over, and was just about to send him a game invite, and he went offline - again with no message to explain.

I'm hopeful that I get to play all of my remaining games, however it seems a bit unfair that people who are trying to play their games will receive equal punishment as those who are not making the effort.

ehh...i was actually pìssed wen u asked me the first time, and i never said "15mins" i said "later on" ... i went off becoz i was destroyed lol...and i do make the effort....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

You around this week?

I'm on practically every night mate. Just ask the other boardsies on clubs. I'll be on tonight if you are available.

gamercfc wrote: »
    ehh...i was actually pìssed wen u asked me the first time, and i never said "15mins" i said "later on" ... i went off becoz i was destroyed lol...and i do make the effort....

Apologies, but I interpreted your message as you wanted to play your friend first, ands that you'd be available when it was over. My mistake. No worries anyway, as we got the game played last night. Really enjoyable game, I think both of our games this season deserved to be draws, and I was somewhat fortunate. I hope all the players in Serie A stick around for next season. Apart from the top 4, I think it's been fairly competitive.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Kirby wrote: »
    I'm on practically every night mate. Just ask the other boardsies on clubs. I'll be on tonight if you are available.

Should be on around 11 maybe before that for a bit too.

Mark if you are around then too I've you to play aswell.

DerryRed wrote: »
    In fairness I've made every effort to play these guys, but I'm not getting any response, despite repeatedly sending messages (not just for the last few days, but since the fixtures were published). I'm due to play one of my remaining 4 tonight. I'll let you know if I'm still not getting any response from the other fellas by the middle of the week.

panic over, more or less. I managed to get 3 out of my remaining 4 games played last night (and picked up a much needed 6 points :D). Still trying to get in contact with the last person on my list.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

whos on tonight?

Anyone with remaining fixtures should send a pm and/or message on xbox live to those they have left to play to try organise fixtures and a time to get them played before Sunday midnight.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    whos on tonight?

I'll be on to play you!

.......Who's on tonight? lol

ive still got to play

Arsenal (srooney03)
    Man United (Stiofan Dublin)
    and
    Bayern Munich (Captain Toastie)

are any of ye lads on between now and bed time? :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Is this 6 man defence going to be allowed next season?

It's pretty much the same as playing against a brick wall....

I wouldnt say they will ban it. Because imagine this.. You'll play against someone who appears to play 6 in defence but he'll end up sayin shìt like "ohh but i had 4 defenders and 2 defensive midfielders and that is allowed wah wah wah"

its only gona make things worse.

Myself and Mr Moon have spoke about this and agreed it will be allowed next season. Custom formations are part of the game and its peoples choice to use whatever formation during a match they want whether its more defensive or attacking. Also monitoring who is or isnt using it would be impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

I'm on for the night now. Man City, Sevilla and Wolfsburg in the Premiership, any of you guys on tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

I wouldnt say they will ban it. Because imagine this.. You'll play against someone who appears to play 6 in defence but he'll end up sayin shìt like "ohh but i had 4 defenders and 2 defensive midfielders and that is allowed wah wah wah"

its only gona make things worse.

I think its pretty much accepted that the "6 man defence" is in fact having 4 defenders and two cdms in front.I dont think anyone actually uses 6 defenders.

To be honest I think people are just using it as an excuse when they dont get a result. Ive used pretty much the same variation of the formation since Fifa 09 with Fiorentina.

People say it ruins games etc but ive had plenty of great games in the league. The only game where I found it hard to break down was against Moon. Ive had much more frustrating games against Bassman and Corcaigh and they use normal formations as far as I know.

Its how the player decides to play more so than the formation imo. When a person looses against it they usually just use the formation as an excuse.

If it was that good of a formation everyone would use it. Axwell uses it and sure isnt he about to be relegated! :P

Im all for it being banned if it stops all the complaining about it. Its only this season that it seems to of annoyed people. It would be pretty easy spot aswell if people were using it. Pause the game at the start if you think they are using it and just check their teams lineout.

As always youd have to rely on sportsmanship aswell that they dont change it on the sly but I doubt anyone would do that. Same as last man tackling etc.

joe123 wrote: »
    If it was that good of a formation everyone would use it. Axwell uses it and sure isnt he about to be relegated! :P

Im all for it being banned if it stops all the complaining about it. Its only this season that it seems to of annoyed people. It would be pretty easy spot aswell if people were using it. Pause the game at the start if you think they are using it and just check their teams lineout.

As always youd have to rely on sportsmanship aswell that they dont change it on the sly but I doubt anyone would do that. Same as last man tackling etc.

I've used it a few games but found it wasnt working out and I couldnt attack with it, too much focus on defence. No formation would save me this season though, pure disaster! :D

It wont be banned though and it would be pretty annoying having to pause the game at the start everytime anyways just to check what formation someones using. Its part of the game, its not a glitch or exploiting bad AI so there is no reason it should be banned or disallowed.

Oh and if we did decide to ban it we would have to take your title off you for winning the league with Fiorentina for using it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

I've used it a few games but found it wasnt working out and I couldnt attack with it, too much focus on defence. No formation would save me this season though, pure disaster! :D

It wont be banned though and it would be pretty annoying having to pause the game at the start everytime anyways just to check what formation someones using. Its part of the game, its not a glitch or exploiting bad AI so there is no reason it should be banned or disallowed.

Oh and if we did decide to ban it we would have to take your title off you for winning the league with Fiorentina for using it :p

ahem...and my title I won with valencia :P even though I only used it now and again with them.

Sure why not lol

joe123 wrote: »
    I think its pretty much accepted that the "6 man defence" is in fact having 4 defenders and two cdms in front.I dont think anyone actually uses 6 defenders.

To be honest I think people are just using it as an excuse when they dont get a result. Ive used pretty much the same variation of the formation since Fifa 09 with Fiorentina.

People say it ruins games etc but ive had plenty of great games in the league. The only game where I found it hard to break down was against Moon. Ive had much more frustrating games against Bassman and Corcaigh and they use normal formations as far as I know.

Its how the player decides to play more so than the formation imo. When a person looses against it they usually just use the formation as an excuse.

ooooooooh *looks around awkwardly* :rolleyes:

ooooooooh *looks around awkwardly* :rolleyes:

What exactly are you looking around awkwardly at? He's right,the "6-0-4" is made up of 4 at the back with 2 cdms, most if not all play it that way if they use it.

What exactly are you looking around awkwardly at? He's right,the "6-0-4" is made up of 4 at the back with 2 cdms, most if not all play it that way if they use it.

.....why did u take offence to that lol first of all , i said "ooooh"...simply stretching out the fact i didnt know that 6 in defence was 4 in the back and 2 in front of them...maybe sayin "ohh rite! i didnt know that" wudve sounded better

the looks around awkwardly statement was merely stating that i feel stupid for not knowing that it WAS 4 in the back and 2 cdm's...............................................i wasnt saying he was rong ud want to chill out for urself

you would only have to have seen and heard me say it to understand i was not being sarcastic or stating he was wrong in any sense :S

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Why not have a poll to see if people want to ban them or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

il be on at 9 til about 11 or 12 for la liga if anyone fancy's it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I'll play Dufflecoat who is online now, grab some food, then I'm on for the night. Drop me a message or a board PM back.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement