Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Leagues FIFA 10 Season 6 - Bad Beat/Moan/Venting

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

gamercfc wrote: »
    maybe sayin "ohh rite! i didnt know that" wudve sounded better

Probably..
    Rooney10 wrote:
    Why not have a poll to see if people want to ban them or not?

Because theres no reason for it to be banned and if it was it would be impossible to monitor who was using it or not and to prove it if it came up in an argument that someone used it during a match. Someone could start with 4-4-2 then pause and make a sub and switch to 6-0-4 or swap at half time. But its part of the game so there shouldnt be any reason to ban it.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Yapamillias

Going with the gut feeling. League isnt enjoyable anymore so this is my last regardless if I win or not. Good times lads, good games and nice talking to ya all.

Got two games left. Will play them before sunday but not for a day or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Axwell wrote: »

Because theres no reason for it to be banned and if it was it would be impossible to monitor who was using it or not and to prove it if it came up in an argument that someone used it during a match. Someone could start with 4-4-2 then pause and make a sub and switch to 6-0-4 or swap at half time. But its part of the game so there shouldnt be any reason to ban it.

Well, you'd monitor it like you would with tackles from behind. Its just not done, and thats the end of it. Tackles from behind and (and general bollock acting) are also part of the game, but not done in the league.

I don't give a monkeys either way, but if you vote, it will put an end to the moaning about it for good, and that alone is worth it :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Going with the gut feeling. League isnt enjoyable anymore so this is my last regardless if I win or not. Good times lads, good games and nice talking to ya all.

Got two games left. Will play them before sunday but not for a day or two.

If you change your mind before Sunday let us know, if for no other reason than it will stop your brother saying how he would have beaten you in the league!

Kirby wrote: »
    I really need to learn how to head properly. In the first game, three of the goals Axwell scored were headers....and the 4th one came from me missing a header. Its such a weakness on my part.

GG's anyway.

What you lack in heading ability you make up for in your ability to celebrate every goal you score. You are the only person in the whole league who goes through the unsporting process of celebrating their goals. Good games but dont think there is a need for the celebrating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Are you for real? seriously? every goal you scored you ran the length of the pitch. Pick a celebration and be done with it. But no....you ran in lines and circles. Very unpsorting. And you scored first.

Ran the length of the pitch in lines and circles?? Seriously man, thats a lie and you know it right well your talking crap suggesting I celebrated like that. I dont celebrate my goals and anyone who has played me in the league can vouch for that.

Not once in the first game did I celebrate while you celebrated every goal you scored in both games and even went to the extent of doing an "I cant hear you" celebration when it was 3-1 in the second game so not as if you stick to the same celebration yourself. At this point having not done celebrations for any goals I felt it apt to "shhhh" you considering the way you were going on. After this you ran to the corner any chance you had for the last 20 minutes standing on the ball to run down the clock.

Whatever about discussion about being unsporting, dont come on and make up lies about something you know right well I didnt do.

You know what you were doing man. When you scored you just ran around with your player. it was the exact same for each goal. You picked a direction and ran. You eventually ran out of play and it zoomed in for the close up automatically. And then you watched your replay. You did it for every goal. But whatever. I didn't mind. I accepted it and didn't complain about it.

But then you had the nerve to accuse me of overcelebrating. Thats not on man. Its called projection and its what you are doing here. I'm not going to sit here and go tit for tat. I know what happened. Be a man and suck it up.

Not once did i watch a replay or perform a player celebration in our games apart from the one time i mentioned. You can ask anyone i played during the league,i dont do it in league games and think its unsporting to do them. You celebrated every goal with a player celebration including your "i cant hear you" celebration,none of which you have denied which says enough really.

Like you i cant be bothered with the tit for tat and its your word against mine so lets leave it at that.

Axwell wrote: »
    If you change your mind before Sunday let us know, if for no other reason than it will stop your brother saying how he would have beaten you in the league!

Massive U-turn here from me...the league is about to get interesting again...ROFL-copter ENGAGE!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

roflcopter.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭DerryRed

I play a variation of 6 at the back. 5-3-2, with 1 CDM, however with 2 attacking wing backs. The best game I've had all season was a 3-2 thriller against someone who played the same formation.

I've lost count now of the number of times that the organisers have said that custom formations will not be banned, yet people still persist in asking.

People should have a bit more respect. These guys graciously give their time to organise/post fixtures, moderate the forums, and update the tables. If you don't like their rules, you should sling you hook, and join another league, or start your own one.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Town Man

If you not going to ban the 4 defenders and 2 CDM formation than maybe as a compromise:
    Don't allow people to push back the 4 defenders and 2 CDM as far as they can where it ends up the 2CDM are where the defenders were originally and the 4 defenders are right where the GK is.

When we play clubs there are a lot of us who would be disgusted when we see an opposition team that have their defenders pushed right back aswell as the 2CDMs so why can this maybe be applied to the league.

it could be called a "compromise" :)

Town Man wrote: »
    When we play clubs there are a lot of us who would be disgusted when we see an opposition team that have their defenders pushed right back aswell as the 2CDMs so why can this maybe be applied to the league.

When I play in our local Sunday morning league, we sometimes come up against a team, who maybe don't have good ball players, but compensate for this by packing the defense and hoping that by sheer numbers they can keep the opposition out, and maybe are lucky enough to get a goal on the break or from a set piece (a bit like Blackburn against United at the weekend:rolleyes:). It's frustrating to face such a team, but we just have to get on with it, and hope the better skill in our team can break them down. Sometimes we do, sometimes we don't. But hey that's football.

What we don't do is go to the opposition before the match and ask "please don't pack your defense as you'll make it mighty difficult for us to break you down". Likewise we don't go to the league organisers and lodge a complaint for packed defenses to be banned. We just get on with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Is anyone else's Xbox controllers only lasting about 6 months. I'm on my 4th set in the last 2 years. The fooking buttons start jamming and the controller doesn't go the direction I want after about 6 months.

The last console I had, a playstation 2, the controllers didn't have to be replaced for at least 2 years.

Is it just me and my style of using them (wildly banging buttons and knobs) or are they badly made on purpose so Microsoft can make money. If I remember correctly, Xbox360's were sold at a loss when they were first released (and cost €450) as they said they'd make their money on Live. So if Xbox's are now available at a fraction of that price, are they loosing their balls on them and trying to make up money elsewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Is anyone else's Xbox controllers only lasting about 6 months. I'm on my 4th set in the last 2 years. The fooking buttons start jamming and the controller doesn't go the direction I want after about 6 months.

The last console I had, a playstation 2, the controllers didn't have to be replaced for at least 2 years.

Is it just me and my style of using them (wildly banging buttons and knobs) or are they badly made on purpose so Microsoft can make money. If I remember correctly, Xbox360's were sold at a loss when they were first released (and cost €450) as they said they'd make their money on Live. So if Xbox's are now available at a fraction of that price, are they loosing their balls on them and trying to make up money elsewhere?

i kind of agree, analog sticks get a lot looser and a bit more vague after a short while for me. i manage away though and sometimes ill change what joypad i actually use, i have 3 of them, mostly only for 1-player. other than that, i find that the joypad is well made, buttons and triggers all fine.

DerryRed wrote: »
    When I play in our local Sunday morning league, we sometimes come up against a team, who maybe don't have good ball players, but compensate for this by packing the defense and hoping that by sheer numbers they can keep the opposition out, and maybe are lucky enough to get a goal on the break or from a set piece (a bit like Blackburn against United at the weekend:rolleyes:). It's frustrating to face such a team, but we just have to get on with it, and hope the better skill in our team can break them down. Sometimes we do, sometimes we don't. But hey that's football.

What we don't do is go to the opposition before the match and ask "please don't pack your defense as you'll make it mighty difficult for us to break you down". Likewise we don't go to the league organisers and lodge a complaint for packed defenses to be banned. We just get on with it.

its a good point but the thing is about the formation is that it is overly defensive and overly offensive at the same time, there is nothing in Midfield which is nowhere near realistic. The 6-0-4 formation is tricky to attack against and defend against.

i would have no problem with the formation if there was a blackburn v man united in the league. thing is you could 2 6-0-4 formations in 1 match and the teams could both be 5 star teams. i might even play the bloody formation next season so i dont get frustrated by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Town Man

DerryRed wrote: »

well the point I'm making is that the teams chosen in this league are good teams, when have you seen Barcelona, Inter Milan etc be extremely negative in real life??

I never said for anything to be banned, you must not have read my post properly, i just asked maybe a compromise between those who play this formation and those who don't like it being used. It's just a suggestion which we were allowed to make also at the start of season 6

IS your main aim in this league to have fun or to win?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    its a good point but the thing is about the formation is that it is overly defensive and overly offensive at the same time, there is nothing in Midfield which is nowhere near realistic. The 6-0-4 formation is tricky to attack against and defend against.

i would have no problem with the formation if there was a blackburn v man united in the league. thing is you could 2 6-0-4 formations in 1 match and the teams could both be 5 star teams. i might even play the bloody formation next season so i dont get frustrated by it.

Yeah its a great formation for attacking aswell if you set it up right. I only first started using it back with Fiorentina because I was last pick in that league and was thinking the likes of Ronaldo would tear me apart so I shored up the defence by having two cdms. The formation in Fifa 09 was far more effective than it is in fifa 10.

Then I was valencia as last pick and was thinking the same thing but to be honest the formation doesnt work half as well as in fifa 10 its alot more momentum based siding with one player and they introduced daft little nutmegs and things you have no control over. With Valencia I just alternated between two formations but in towards the end just got used to the 6-0-4 formation.

As for Bayern my two best players were wide men, something which I rarely use in the game. My defence was abysmally slow so it was a given in getting robben and ribery nearer the goal and getting cover for my slow defence. When I use the default with Bayern I can usually defend the same but it was more important for me to get more use out of robben/ribery.

Im just being well used to using that formation now. Like I kept playing passes to where my two wide strikers should be but werent there when using default.

I still reckon people are making way more of this formation than they should, its been around for ages and really its how the player decides to play. I know when I play I rarely build up plays for too long I just go attack as quick as I can.

When I played you in our 0-0 you had a default formation but you built your play up alot slower than me and it frustrated the hell out of me!

well the point I'm making is that the teams chosen in this league are good teams, when have you seen Barcelona, Inter Milan etc be extremely negative in real life??

I never said for anything to be banned, you must not have read my post properly, i just asked maybe a compromise between those who play this formation and those who don't like it being used. It's just a suggestion which we were allowed to make also at the start of season 6

I think that most people have fun with fifa when they win. When they loose its the most frustrating game ever.Thats what I think anyways!

• Advertisement

I think you're missing my point here. It's nothing to do with the quality of the teams, it's about the player who is controlling them. Give a poor Fifa player a 5 star team and an excellent Fifa player a 3 or 4 star team, and generally the better Fifa player will win. In this case I have no problem with the poorer player packing the defense.

My aim is to have fun. It's much more fun playing a close tight game with the hope of snatching a goal on the break, as opposed to getting hammered all the time. I dare say this is better for the more skilled Fifa players as well - where is the challenge in routing someone by 10 or more goals.

Massive U-turn here from me...the league is about to get interesting again...ROFL-copter ENGAGE!!! :D

Thought that might change your mind alright, he sounds well up for the challenge and has been itching to beat you in the league since last season!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

lol, that could be a very funny sentence with selective quoting :pac::D

Seriously though, you are right, the controllers aren't great. The one I got with my Xbox originally has a problem with the trigger, keeps getting stuck when you press it, something wrong with the spring, it was shipped like that too.

My wired controller has another problem.... if you plug in the headset, you can hear a sort of high-pitched ringing sound in the earpiece. It gets louder as you increase the volume. Its a sure way to drive you insane.

I bought a third controller too, and every time I press the trigger, it makes this squealing noise like a pig being castrated.

joe123 wrote: »
    When I played you in our 0-0 you had a default formation but you built your play up alot slower than me and it frustrated the hell out of me!

but there was nothing overly wrong about that, was there?

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    but there was nothing overly wrong about that, was there?

Thats my point. Theres wasnt anything wrong with it just the same as I think theres nothing wrong with using 6 at the back or whatever formation suits the player.

I just think when someone finds it hard to break down a team for whatever reason they blame the formation.

joe123 wrote: »
    Thats my point. Theres wasnt anything wrong with it just the same as I think theres nothing wrong with using 6 at the back or whatever formation suits the player.

I just think when someone finds it hard to break down a team for whatever reason they blame the formation.

Of course they do, If you pack 6 at the back its v.difficult to play through balls, balls over the top, to win headers...the only option is to blast in a long shot or play like arsenal on steroids and find a tiny gap to exploit...more often than not I got a lot of goals against the 6-0-4 people from rebounds and nutmegs going my way...and of course people who want an advantage or dont feel as comfortable pick that formation...as derryred says, the poorer players might need it...but if the better players do it as well...its like drugs in sport...if someone gets an advantage from it all the other players will start doing it as well...just to compete, so EVERYONE might as well start doing it...tbh there are us 'naturalists' who are good players who really dont want to go there...people say that the 'manual chipyapa special' is a glitch...well so is the fact that 6-0-4 works when really in all honesty it should be the worst formation ever due to its lopsidedness. Moon and axwell do a sterling job and ive been playing clubs with moon for ages and had good games against him but if rules arent open to change or discussion then there is something wrong. The league should be dynamic and be able to change and be flexible depending on the needs. If the majority want the rule to change then IMHO it should.

I also dont mind anymore about formations because next season it wont matter. Its a whole new ball game. Change is coming. Obama!!! Change!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Of course they do, If you pack 6 at the back its v.difficult to play through balls, balls over the top, to win headers...the only option is to blast in a long shot or play like arsenal on steroids and find a tiny gap to exploit...more often than not I got a lot of goals against the 6-0-4 people from rebounds and nutmegs going my way...and of course people who want an advantage or dont feel as comfortable pick that formation...as derryred says, the poorer players might need it...but if the better players do it as well...its like drugs in sport...if someone gets an advantage from it all the other players will start doing it as well...just to compete, so EVERYONE might as well start doing it...tbh there are us 'naturalists' who are good players who really dont want to go there...people say that the 'manual chipyapa special' is a glitch...well so is the fact that 6-0-4 works when really in all honesty it should be the worst formation ever due to its lopsidedness. Moon and axwell do a sterling job and ive been playing clubs with moon for ages and had good games against him but if rules arent open to change or discussion then there is something wrong. The league should be dynamic and be able to change and be flexible depending on the needs. If the majority want the rule to change then IMHO it should.

I also dont mind anymore about formations because next season it wont matter. Its a whole new ball game. Change is coming. Obama!!! Change!!!

You still haven't signed up for the next season!! ;)

Maybe we should but up a poll about banning the manual chip? You scored 5 of them against me this season!!! I could've won our first game if they were banned!

I personally have given up on using the 6-0-4 because I can't play a good game with it, I'm not the best defender in the game that's why I used it, but if any decent player comes up against me, they'll have most of the possession and I'll have nearly everyone behind the ball defending, I'll get it back boot it up the field and loose it, rinse and repeat till I've conceeded a few goals!

There is a difference. Players going invisible is a glitch. A bug. The game crashing mid-game. Losing points after a win. They are all bugs.

Manual chipping is an exploit. An undesirable, unintended circumstance of programming. No different from throwing it off the crossbar 100% of the time, or scoring from the tip-off, etc.

Playing "six at the back" is a choice. And is an intended choice made possible by the programmers because thats a viable option in real footy.

They aren't the same thing and you can't lump them together just because you don't like it yapa. People stuck men behind the ball against me and got results for it. And fair played to them. They deserved it. If I wasn't good enough to break em down then I didn't deserve to win. And thats just the way it is.

And regarding obama change!!!. Sshhhhhhh You are ruining it :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

What exactly is the manual chip?

• Advertisement

What exactly is the manual chip?

You turn your "crossing" from assisted to manual. Instead of using LB + shoot to lob, you tap the cross button. The margin for error is quite large due to the keeper coming off his line. It's very effective. It's something that has apparently been fixed for the next version.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement