Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Leagues FIFA 10 Season 6 - Bad Beat/Moan/Venting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Kirby wrote: »
    You turn your "crossing" from assisted to manual. Instead of using LB + shoot to lob, you tap the cross button. The margin for error is quite large due to the keeper coming off his line. It's very effective. It's something that has apparently been fixed for the next version.

pokemon_trainer_070927c-l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Yapamillias

Kirby wrote: »
    There is a difference. Players going invisible is a glitch. A bug. The game crashing mid-game. Losing points after a win. They are all bugs.

Manual chipping is an exploit. An undesirable, unintended circumstance of programming. No different from throwing it off the crossbar 100% of the time, or scoring from the tip-off, etc.

Playing "six at the back" is a choice. And is an intended choice made possible by the programmers because thats a viable option in real footy.

They aren't the same thing and you can't lump them together just because you don't like it yapa. People stuck men behind the ball against me and got results for it. And fair played to them. They deserved it. If I wasn't good enough to break em down then I didn't deserve to win. And thats just the way it is.

Stop doing that manual chip its so easy to score goals

Stop doing playing that formation, its so easy to defend

And regarding obama change!!!. Sshhhhhhh You are ruining it :p

Call it what you like, 6-0-4 should not work...zero downsides to it...manual chip does work but should not be as effective...same as the scoopy shoot...was not designed for shooting, 6-0-4-decision by player to use it...manual chip...decision by others to use it...I didnt subscribe to the if you dont like the 6-0-4 players...join em...so you have a choice...start doing them or dont use them and complain about it at every opportunity...like I do about formations lol

Stop doing that manual chip its too easy to score

Stop playing that formation its too easy to defend

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Call it what you like, 6-0-4 should not work...zero downsides to it...manual chip does work but should not be as effective...same as the scoopy shoot...was not designed for shooting, 6-0-4-decision by player to use it...manual chip...decision by others to use it...I didnt subscribe to the if you dont like the 6-0-4 players...join em...so you have a choice...start doing them or dont use them and complain about it at every opportunity...like I do about formations lol

True it shouldnt work and I wish it didnt but for me it does and ive been pretty successful with it winning the championship and premiership back to back. Axwell and Moon have already said they tried it but couldnt get it to work for them. It works for me really effectively maybe its because im just so used to it now.

Its true that the majority of goals ive conceeded are as you said the jammy deflections or nutmeg sort of goals, but I rarely concede a one on one because of it. Maybe thats why I constantly complain about those sort of goals on here :o

Just because I use it though doesnt mean im a bad player as what some people seem to suggest for anyone that uses it. Ive the second highest goals scored in the league and best defence. Im very comfortable using this formation so I continue to use it.

I played plenty of people online aswell as in the boards league that use 6 at the back and never really found it that bad to play against:confused:

I dont mind the manual chip thing either as it still takes skill to score them.

The only thing I hate in Fifa is the passing the ball back and over your backline as that just exploits the game completley and requires no skill. You can last a whole game with an all out attack not being able to get the ball back.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Yapamillias

joe123 wrote: »

Its true that the majority of goals ive conceeded are as you said the jammy deflections or nutmeg sort of goals, but I rarely concede a one on one because of it. Maybe thats why I constantly complain about those sort of goals on here :o

I wonder why that is lol

I wonder why that is lol

Because ive set my team to cover for my slow defence. Good tactics I know :)

Im sure youd love me to have Van Buyten and De Mechillis (sp?) have no cover up against the likes of martins! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

under the rules, shouldnt the manual chip already be banned? im not calling for it to be banned though, its a clever exploit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    under the rules, shouldnt the manual chip already be banned? im not calling for it to be banned though, its a clever exploit.

I was just about to say. Don't the rules say that none of the settings are supposed to be changed??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

il be on xbl at 10.30 to catch up on any la liga games, if im playing cod just send me a msg and il throw on fifa

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Moiph wrote: »
    I was just about to say. Don't the rules say that none of the settings are supposed to be changed??

3) Settings
    While this rule is unenforcable, each player is expected to have all assistance settings on default.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Axwell wrote: »
    3) Settings
    While this rule is unenforcable, each player is expected to have all assistance settings on default.

LOL

I_like_that_ZING.gif

Sorry, I should really know my own rules :o

• Advertisement

Its true that the majority of goals ive conceeded are as you said the jammy deflections or nutmeg sort of goals

eh hem.....Maxi?
    The only thing I hate in Fifa is the passing the ball back and over your backline as that just exploits the game completley and requires no skill.

Thats part of the issue with said formation, since the 6 players are so deep its easy to pass between them, until the other player commits men to apply pressure and you catch them out. Your essentially complaining about the exact same thing your formation does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭storybud22

manual chip is an exploit but so is packing the defense. name one team that plays 6 defenders and 4 strikers. i played about 15 ranked matches and won 14 by packing my defense. its too easy to defend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

You are showing your lack of real football experience with that comment bud. Watch the FA cup every season in the early rounds. Or watch Arsenal go to Wolves. etc. etc. 4 strikers? try 1. And they usually end up back in their own half....defending. Ala Kevin Doyle.

Packing the defense is not an exploit. Andorra did it to england a couple years back and held out for over an hour. If you can't see the difference between an exploit and an intended design choice......dunno what to say to ya.

And yapa, scoring with the scoopy chip is exactly what it was intended for. You stop, and scoop it over the keeper. They implemented it when they did the Ronaldinho Motion capture a few years back.....coz Ronaldinho has scored goals like that. Not the same as manual because you have to slow down to scoop and u can manual chip while running.

Parawind wrote: »
    eh hem.....Maxi?

Thats part of the issue with said formation, since the 6 players are so deep its easy to pass between them, until the other player commits men to apply pressure and you catch them out. Your essentially complaining about the exact same thing your formation does.

Ha id like to see ya do that maxi goal on me again! Still it was a great goal.

Regards the formations its totally different. Fair enough if people want to pressure but I use the same number of players pressuring as a default one does.

I dont mind if someone passes from rb to lb and then moves forward to get into space. What I hate is the player runs with their left back towards the half way line turns round and passes it back to the cb...then cb to lb then lb to keeper...keeper to cb...cb to rb....and continues this.

There is rarely a way of getting the ball back as you can only get two players to chase the ball properly as the rest of the ai doesnt cop on. You get people online doing it alot!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

As in the world cup maxi goal :eek:?

Soby wrote: »
    As in the world cup maxi goal :eek:?

no no this one was much further out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

How many get promoted from la liga to the premiership?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Has anyone heard from the following people. Have mailed them but not heard anything back from them.

FutureGuy(Garak001) Chelsea - have to play him twice
    Mjens (Mjens) Liverpool
    ShadyRoss (ShadyRoss) Aresenal

Come on lads, lets get our games played.

Other than the above I just have to play SD Timeout and Richie MUFC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

FutureGuy(Garak001) Chelsea - have to play him twice

Have to play him too, aint seen him on in a while

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Have to play him too, aint seen him on in a while

Yep he hasn't been on in 10 days.

Another mail just sent on Boards and XboxLive.

Lads it's a bit unfair getting docked points for games when you're trying to get it played but the opposition is not responding.

Should the win not go to the person trying to get it played.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Lads it's a bit unfair getting docked points for games when you're trying to get it played but the opposition is not responding.

But you're on the last week of the league trying to get all your unplayed games finished and giving out that the person isnt there to play them. On the fixtures list on boards republic you have 8 fixtures unplayed out of the 8 theres only one of them is from this week, some of them date back to the end of February and March. Whats to say the person wasnt around all that week looking for you to play.

If everyone played their games in or around the week they were due to be played then there wouldnt be the rush trying to get them played on the last week and giving out when people arent around.

But you're on the last week of the league trying to get all your unplayed games finished and giving out that the person isnt there to play them. On the fixtures list on boards republic you have 8 fixtures unplayed out of the 8 theres only one of them is from this week, some of them date back to the end of February and March. Whats to say the person wasnt around all that week looking for you to play.

If everyone played their games in or around the week they were due to be played then there wouldnt be the rush trying to get them played on the last week and giving out when people arent around.

I think you've put my 3-1 win against Barcelona down on the league republic site as though it was against Chelsea.

I got another 2 fixtures played last night that I still have to post. I have them written down at home so I'll get them up later.

That means I have 6 left and I'm arranging with SD Timeout and RichieMUFC to get them 2 played.

That leaves 2 against Garak001 and one against mjens and shadyross. Excluding these 4, that will bring my total games played to 22.

If you look at the others, FutureGuy has only played 10, Mjens 12 and Shadyross 12.

I'm hoping they reply to my mails and we can get the games played but I've never had a mail from them and in fairness, I think my games played reflects the fact that I am the one trying to get the games played. It's a bit unfair that they are not making an effort to get the games played and yet I will not get the chance to get the points.

Edit: Also, the game against mjens was only posted last week. I've been mailing him but heard nothing. What else am I supposed to do?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I think you've put my 3-1 win against Barcelona down on the league republic site as though it was against Chelsea.

I got another 2 fixtures played last night that I still have to post. I have them written down at home so I'll get them up later.

That means I have 6 left and I'm arranging with SD Timeout and RichieMUFC to get them 2 played.

That leaves 2 against Garak001 and one against mjens and shadyross. Excluding these 4, that will bring my total games played to 22.

If you look at the others, FutureGuy has only played 10, Mjens 12 and Shadyross 12.

I'm hoping they reply to my mails and we can get the games played but I've never had a mail from them and in fairness, I think my games played reflects the fact that I am the one trying to get the games played. It's a bit unfair that they are not making an effort to get the games played and yet I will not get the chance to get the points.

Edit: Also, the game against mjens was only posted last week. I've been mailing him but heard nothing. What else am I supposed to do?

Yeah fixted the 3-1 result now!

Well anyone with less than half their games played will not be invited to the next season. Also anyone with less than 20 games played will have point reductions!

All I can say about la liga is you've had weeks and weeks to play games, there's a bunch of people who haven't played them and I'll be looking forward to seeing the back of them. This whole trying to get all your unplayed games in the last week is a joke!!

Look at the premiership and Serie A, most of them have had their games played when they were supposed to!

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Yeah fixted the 3-1 result now!

Well anyone with less than half their games played will not be invited to the next season. Also anyone with less than 20 games played will have point reductions!

All I can say about la liga is you've had weeks and weeks to play games, there's a bunch of people who haven't played them and I'll be looking forward to seeing the back of them. This whole trying to get all your unplayed games in the last week is a joke!!

Look at the premiership and Serie A, most of them have had their games played when they were supposed to!

In my defence I had a kid 6 weeks ago so was not around much for about 3 weeks after that. However, I've been on loads since then and I never see certain players. Always see the same players on Live and there the ones who get the majority of their games played.

Anyhooo, reckon I would have got promoted had I got all the games played. Not to be this season though me thinks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

If people with less than 20 games played have points deducted then they will move further down the league table. Therefore they will get better team picks in season 7 than those of us who played most of our games but failed to get promoted. Doesn't seem fair?

In my defence I had a kid 6 weeks ago so was not around much for about 3 weeks after that.

I know you have your reasons for not being on, and fair play to you for going through the weeks of pregnancy and labour and still playing games :D..kidding.

But seriously everyone has times when they cant be on so its the same for everyone.Like Moon said if you have 20 games played you wont be getting a deduction. As per the rules games at the end unplayed will be void. La Liga has been terrible at playing their fixtures, people are expected to make an effort to play them on time so coming on at the end complaining people arent around that one week is pointless to be honest when fixtures were building up unplayed for weeks before it by everyone in La Liga not just yourself.

moz wrote: »
    If people with less than 20 games played have points deducted then they will move further down the league table. Therefore they will get better team picks in season 7 than those of us who played most of our games but failed to get promoted. Doesn't seem fair?

If people arent playing their games in the current season they have to be penalised for it, its only fair to those that do play their games. Most in the league below you dont have more than 13 games played so will be removed from the league so it wont affect you or the team picks next season as they wont be there.

I know you have your reasons for not being on, and fair play to you for going through the weeks of pregnancy and labour and still playing games :D..kidding.

But seriously everyone has times when they cant be on so its the same for everyone.Like Moon said if you have 20 games played you wont be getting a deduction. As per the rules games at the end unplayed will be void. La Liga has been terrible at playing their fixtures, people are expected to make an effort to play them on time so coming on at the end complaining people arent around that one week is pointless to be honest when fixtures were building up unplayed for weeks before it by everyone in La Liga not just yourself.

I know you dont like games not getting played but maybe next season there should be some mechanism in the last 2 weeks where players who are trying to get their games finished in that last 2 weeks get wins if their mails are not being answered.

It's quite hard to stay up to date with games - you're not able to get on for whatever reason, neither is the opposition and when you do try catch up, a lot of people ignore mails on Live and boards. I always just keep trying and hope that I'll be on some time when they are too.

There's no excuse for not answering someones mail. They obviously dont care about the league any more for whatever reason. If someones mails are being ignored, they should get the win.

I've lost interest in trying to get my games finished now seens as though I've no hope of playing all games.

What's the story in relation to my game against mjens if he doesn't answer my mail? It was only posted last week and I've been trying to contact him. Don't know what else I can do? Do I get the points for this game?

• Advertisement

Players that arent that bothered more than likely havent played the 13 games so will be removed from the league anyways. At the end we normally have a catch up week for people to play games if its required but in La Liga the effort being made across the board to play games was so poor that there was no point giving a catch up week it would just be a waste of a week for people in the other divisions.

I agree there is no excuse for not replying to peoples messages but people only have 3 fixtures a week so we feel that if people make the effort its quite easy to keep up with games and to be fair if you look at the Premiership and Serie A both of those have managed it. Hopefully by removing those that havent played half their games we can get rid of those not interested and next season in La Liga will turn out better. We can only do so much organising the leagues and fixtures, its still up to people to make the effort to play them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement