Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Leagues FIFA 10 Season 6 - Bad Beat/Moan/Venting

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

What's the story in relation to my game against mjens if he doesn't answer my mail? It was only posted last week and I've been trying to contact him. Don't know what else I can do? Do I get the points for this game?

As per the rules any unplayed fixtures will be void.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Axwell wrote: »
    As per the rules any unplayed fixtures will be void.

Even though it's only due this week and I'm trying to get it played?

Come on lads. There's something seriously wrong with that rule.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Why, its 1 gameweek in the league the same as any other. You werent around other game weeks, should we give those people the 3 points for the games you didnt play the week they were due?No we shouldnt. You are focusing on the efforts you are making in this one week which happens to be the last week and expect us to reward you with a win just because he isnt around this one week when you are and it suits you to play.

Why, its 1 gameweek in the league the same as any other. You werent around other game weeks, should we give those people the 3 points for the games you didnt play the week they were due?No we shouldnt. You are focusing on the efforts you are making in this one week which happens to be the last week and expect us to reward you with a win just because he isnt around this one week when you are and it suits you to play.

So next season, if I'm on the ball and am available and actively trying to play my 3 games in a gameweek yet a player is not answering my mails and we don't get the game played that's it? I don't get anything?
    And then say that same player goes and plays one game against a promotion rival because he happens to be on at a certain time. The player happens to be shíte and gets hammered. So now the promotion rival has an unfair advantage.

What's the point in having a league where not all points are given to either one team or another? It looks stupid. All 3 leagues have teams with different amounts of games played.

At the end of the season should all teams not have played the same amount of games, whether it's games actually played or walkovers.

Yous seem to be trying to reflect real football with all the other rules so why not in this situation?

What's needed is a way to give walkovers. Perhaps if one person can show how they emailed the opposition in a gameweek then they get the points. If neither player can then it's a point a piece.

So next season, if I'm on the ball and am available and actively trying to play my 3 games in a gameweek yet a player is not answering my mails and we don't get the game played that's it? I don't get anything?

If someone isnt around the week the game is due you try and catch up the week after. Your main reason for all of this is that had you played your games you could have possibly got promoted. You are focusing on this one game at the end against mjens because it would maybe make a difference and treating this last game week as it if its different to any other week. If there was 3 more weeks in the league you wouldnt be making the same complaint about this one fixture and looking for a walkover and the 3 points. If you played the games when they were due to be played you wouldnt be in this position or anyone else with a similar complaint, in fact you could afford to not even play that fixture with mjens if it came down to it.

When the league ends everyone will have the same amount of games played as those not played will ge voided and go down as 0-0. Complaining at the end because people arent around is pointless, La Liga compared to the other two divisions made a pathetic effort to play their games all season and rushing all your fixtures into the last week in a hope to get promoted is a stupid idea. As i said to you already both the premiership and Serie A can manage to play most of their games and not have this issue so its not a problem with the league its down to La Liga players not playing their games.

• Advertisement

Also just to add that game is actually due from the week of the 2nd of April so it should have been played last week. But thats just one fixture out of many. Its annoying that so many people in La Liga didnt play their games during the course of the season but those that didnt play enough will be removed to make it a better league for those that remain.

If there was 3 more weeks in the league you wouldnt be making the same complaint about this one fixture and looking for a walkover and the 3 points. If you played the games when they were due to be played you wouldnt be in this position or anyone else with a similar complaint, in fact you could afford to not even play that fixture with mjens if it came down to it.

That's because there would still be 3 weeks to get them played and I'd be hoping to catch the players. If I was trying but they weren't answering I'd be complaining at the end.

Look I know La Liga was bad with fixtures this year and I don't care anymore about this season, but can you see that the possibility exists for an unfair advantage as I said above?

I had a bad season this time for fixtures for reasons I've already stated, but next season I'm gonna be more on the ball. However, I don't want to have my head wrecked all the time mailing people to play games and hoping they can make it. And if they aren't arsed that's it. Nothing happens. You need to start putting the foot down. If games arent played within a week (or whatever time limit you give) then the points should be given to the person who is trying to get them played.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

When the league ends everyone will have the same amount of games played as those not played will ge voided and go down as 0-0.

They actually go down as match abandoned, so nobody gets any points for it!

@Alofthedunnes Your opponent for this week was on last night by the way!!

Also just to add that game is actually due from the week of the 2nd of April so it should have been played last week. But thats just one fixture out of many. Its annoying that so many people in La Liga didnt play their games during the course of the season but those that didnt play enough will be removed to make it a better league for those that remain.

Was due from the week of 2/4 but was only posted on 9/4. I specifically asked you to post the fixtures for 2/4 on 2/4 but you refused saying how bad La Liga was at playing fixtures. So I was actively trying to get the games played but I get nothing.

Sure what motivation is there to play games? Especially for people that lose the first few and just aren't arsed any more.

I had a bad season this time for fixtures for reasons I've already stated, but next season I'm gonna be more on the ball. However, I don't want to have my head wrecked all the time mailing people to play games and hoping they can make it. And if they aren't arsed that's it. Nothing happens. You need to start putting the foot down. If games arent played within a week (or whatever time limit you give) then the points should be given to the person who is trying to get them played.

I see your point but if you look at it based on your own circumstances we could have said at the start if people dont play the week they are supposed to then the match gets void, but that would make the league crap as lots of games would end up voided. Sometimes people cant be on, it happens, stuff comes up so we have to give people the chance to catch up when they can. We already have a rule where you have to play a set number of games by the half way point or get penalised, same applies at the end of the league. Im sure people mailed you the weeks you werent around and it wrecked their heads at the time.

• Advertisement

Mr Moon wrote: »

Who? I played a couple of games last night that aren't posted yet.

Was due from the week of 2/4 but was only posted on 9/4. I specifically asked you to post the fixtures for 2/4 on 2/4 but you refused saying how bad La Liga was at playing fixtures. So I was actively trying to get the games played but I get nothing.

Sure what motivation is there to play games? Especially for people that lose the first few and just aren't arsed any more.

That still didn't stop you playing a match that I hadn't put up the fixtures for!! So it means nothing that the fixtures weren't posted!!

It's that kind of attitude we're trying to get out of the league!

Who? I played a couple of games last night that aren't posted yet.

Real Madrid - Bennyc

I see your point but if you look at it based on your own circumstances we could have said at the start if people dont play the week they are supposed to then the match gets void, but that would make the league crap as lots of games would end up voided. Sometimes people cant be on, it happens, stuff comes up so we have to give people the chance to catch up when they can. We already have a rule where you have to play a set number of games by the half way point or get penalised, same applies at the end of the league. Im sure people mailed you the weeks you werent around and it wrecked their heads at the time.

No-one mailed me.

And that's what I said originally. Perhaps a 2 week period at the end where all catch up games are to be played. And if you aren't arsed coming on in that catch up period, the points go to the person who is actively trying to get their games played.

I know it was a bad season for La Liga and hopefully it gets better next year. however, I remember having this same argument with yous at the end of last season.

Real Madrid - Bennyc

Game played. Think it was a 2-2 draw but not 100%. Have it written down at home so will post later.

No-one mailed me.

And that's what I said originally. Perhaps a 2 week period at the end where all catch up games are to be played. And if you aren't arsed coming on in that catch up period, the points go to the person who is actively trying to get their games played.

I know it was a bad season for La Liga and hopefully it gets better next year. however, I remember having this same argument with yous at the end of last season.

But shur in the week of the 2nd where there was no fixtures how many of your games did you actually go and catch up on? That week in the league I think there was a total of 2 or 3 games played. That was a catch up week and that was the outcome, none of you were arsed or made the effort, most of you had a load of fixtures left but no one was arsed or actively coming on to play their games. You cant make out that you are an exception to the rule when you are on the last week of the league trying to cram in all your games and catch up.

Apologies meant abandoned and not 0-0 which would be a draw!

That still didn't stop you playing a match that I hadn't put up the fixtures for!! So it means nothing that the fixtures weren't posted!!

It's that kind of attitude we're trying to get out of the league!

What game is that then?

I think you're mistaken

But shur in the week of the 2nd where there was no fixtures how many of your games did you actually go and catch up on? That week in the league I think there was a total of 2 or 3 games played. That was a catch up week and that was the outcome, none of you were arsed or made the effort, most of you had a load of fixtures left but no one was arsed or actively coming on to play their games. You cant make out that you are an exception to the rule when you are on the last week of the league trying to cram in all your games and catch up.

I'm on 3-4 times a week. I was trying to catch up on my games. It's just that no-one else was on. Anyone I was due to play that was on I played.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

lads the people who are ruining la liga are the ones who are online and actually playing fifa or for that matter any game and wont give up 10 minutes to play a match or better yet dont reply to your msgs for whatever reason.

i just think a lot of people wait for there oppenent to msg them to organise the fixture, i done this at the start bending over backwards trying to play some people and even had a compliant about me for harrasing a player!, i soon relised most people wernt bothered so i stopped.

i mean 10 minutes lads its crazy just stop playing clubs or mw2 etc for 1 or 2 lousy games and we wouldnt be in this mess!

and for the note i taught id be right behind storybud and get promoted but iv had the most frustrating season and run of games with my nightmare of a team milan!

so on a lighter note you will def see a different player when i get my hands on a different team and lads im gona spice things up and say will win la liga next season !! now that storybud is gone i will rule the iron fist!!

• Advertisement

Even if you decide not to change anything, please have a think about some way to motivate people to get their games played. Whether it be in the alotted week, or a catch up period at mid-way / end of season. And reward those that do try, and dock those that do not.

We cant force people to play their games, we put enough work into setting it up, doing team selections, keeping track of results and fixtures and dealing with issues throughout the season. The motivation should be the fact that you want to play in the league and be a part of it. We already have a marker set at the half way point you have to play a set amount of games and the same at the end. Usually we would have a catch up week also but with such a back log of fixtures there was no point, also the two other divisions both were up to date more or less with their games. We arent going to reward you for not playing games the week they are due then coming on the catch up week making a big effort for one week and demanding that you get wins awarded because you made a big effort that one week.

Its very simple, if everyone plays their games the week they are due or when its next possible everything runs smoothly. The premiership and Serie A show this so there isnt an issue with the rules theres an issue with the players. Before this week over half the players in La Liga hadnt played half their games, thats a pathetic effort for people that maintain they are interested in the league and want to play. Those that still didnt play them will be removed and you will get the walkover against them which is fair.

Next season should be different in La Liga with those players gone and good riddance to them anyways. So i dont think you will see the same situation arise next season as long as people make an effort to play their games.

REMINDER TO ALL PLAYERS:

The league ends Sunday midnight and we will be posting the final tables on Monday with relegations and promotions.

We have a thread for existing players to signup for next season here.
    That will also close on Sunday midnight, everyone has also been sent a pm telling them it is there.

We will be sorting out the leagues for the new season on Monday so anyone who doesnt sign up by Sunday night wont be included.

New players also have till Sunday night to pm their interest in joining.

Team picks will begin shortly after that and hopefully we can get through that process quickly enough the same as last time and start into the new season.

What game is that then?

I think you're mistaken

Inter 3-1 Aston Villa

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=65319157&postcount=69

That was the playing of our first game. Nedved85 had the wrong date in.

Should have been 26th February.

The March fixture was played last night and I beat him 2-1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Sorry to the guys I arranged games with for last night. Unexpected sh!t came up and I couldn't make it on.

Some of the games I'm not going to get played :
    Garak (x2)
    mjens (x2)
    SDTimeout (x2)

PM'ed all of the above on 4 weeks ago, no real worthwhile reply. No reply from PMs this week either.

Some of the games that I may or may not get played:
    ShadyRoss (x2)

Some of the games it looks like I'll get played as the guys respond:
    AlDunne
    Nedved
    Storybud
    bennycon (x2)
    moz

I'm not sure if I'm on tonight (most probably I will be) or tomorrow. Away for the weekend, so I can play Sunday evening too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Also, now that Axwell runs the league with Moon, shouldn't he be made a mod?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭storybud22

hokem you said teams in fa cup pack the pack line. but do good teams like in the premier league pack the backline against liverpool or wolfsburg. i dont care anyway its just totally unrealastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

2 games left against Hokem and Cashel Man. Left you both messages on the xbox a night or two ago. I'll be on again tonight.

Moiph wrote: »
    We didn't play this in the league in the game as he was on under a different account, I can't remember the exact details as to why but I'm sure Yapa can fill in on it. So we played the game as a friendly.

That manual chip works too well.

Yapa can you explain why you needed to play on a different account and play the game outside of the league?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

storybud22 wrote: »
    hokem you said teams in fa cup pack the pack line. but do good teams like in the premier league pack the backline against liverpool or wolfsburg. i dont care anyway its just totally unrealastic.

If you watched Liverpool v Fulham last weekend youd see the definitely do! Liverpool spent basically the whole game in fulhams half and Bobby Zamora was the only player who actually ventured into our half on occasion.

Besides wouldnt you call a player being able to dribble with the ball from one end of the pitch to the other in under 10 seconds pretty unrealistic? Or the majority of goals in fifa being those that are chipped over the keepers head? Or free kicks constantly going in unrealistic?

Yep Fifa is pretty unrealistic when it wants to be!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement