Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Leagues FIFA 10 Season 6 - Bad Beat/Moan/Venting

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭storybud22

good players shouldnt pack the back line. their is a skill in defending instead of lumping 6 at the back and 4 up front and its like a desert in midfield:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

You played with eight at the back against me for 3 games in a row the other night after you lost.

You know me bud....I've no issue with you doing that. But to have the gall to complain about it after doing yourself is bad form.

i did that to show you how easy it is i beat you twice with regular formations then you pushed your defenders back which makes twice as easy to defend. everyone knows im a regular formation player no custom tactics or what.i think i beat you twice with my mad formation. i would never play it in the league.

ive played it 3 times in about 2000 games :)

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Yapamillias

Axwell wrote: »
    Yapa can you explain why you needed to play on a different account and play the game outside of the league?

long and unnecessary story...was chatting to him with the headset throughout so it was me who played...we should make a rule that people HAVE to use headsets when playing (we do it in my other league)...ive never spoken to bassman before and it was enjoyable and added to the fun :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

long and unnecessary story

Wasnt questioning or doubting it was you that played. Was asking why you played a game outside of the league under a different gamertag and used that as your league game result. You neither pmmed myself of Moon asking to do so, so we want to know why you did long story or not. Thanks.

Wasnt questioning or doubting it was you that played. Was asking why you played a game outside of the league under a different gamertag and used that as your league game result. You neither pmmed myself of Moon asking to do so, so we want to know why you did long story or not. Thanks.

To be fair I didnt play a game outside of the league and use it as a league game...I played the league game with a different account...he asked me to play and I didnt have time or the motivation to switch accounts...really doesnt matter if I use my account, or my brothers or my mates account in the uk, the boards league gets updated on boards republic so I didnt PM you or moon because I was getting my second last league game out of the way as quickly as possible with no unfair advantage or complications at all. He posted the result and now I will thank it and it will be recorded on boards republic league table. Long and unnecessary story.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

To be fair I didnt play a game outside of the league and use it as a league game...I played the league game with a different account...he asked me to play and I didnt have time or the motivation to switch accounts...really doesnt matter if I use my account, or my brothers or my mates account in the uk, the boards league gets updated on boards republic so I didnt PM you or moon because I was getting my second last league game out of the way as quickly as possible with no unfair advantage or complications at all. He posted the result and now I will thank it and it will be recorded on boards republic league table. Long and unnecessary story.

If you play the game outside of the league there is no record of it, also you cant play the league game using a different gamertag as that person isnt a member of the league. So you have played a friendly and we didnt give you permission to do so. Whether the scores go on league republic or Moon jots them down in a notepad is irrelevant.

We have a simple set of rules that people are expected to follow, if they have a problem playing a league game with connection issues etc they are expected to pm us and ask us first. You have already decided to ignore one of the rules of the league this season so we would appreciate you stick to the rules like everyone else and not take decisions into your own hands and then avoid answering a simple question when asked. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

long and unnecessary story...was chatting to him with the headset throughout so it was me who played...we should make a rule that people HAVE to use headsets when playing (we do it in my other league)...ive never spoken to bassman before and it was enjoyable and added to the fun :pac:

I always plug mine out for league games! Its an easy game to loose concentration! For friendlies its good tho!

If you play the game outside of the league there is no record of it, also you cant play the league game using a different gamertag as that person isnt a member of the league. So you have played a friendly and we didnt give you permission to do so. Whether the scores go on league republic or Moon jots them down in a notepad is irrelevant.

We have a simple set of rules that people are expected to follow, if they have a problem playing a league game with connection issues etc they are expected to pm us and ask us first. You have already decided to ignore one of the rules of the league this season so we would appreciate you stick to the rules like everyone else and not take decisions into your own hands and then avoid answering a simple question when asked. Thanks

There is record of it as he posted the result and I thanked it. I was not going to PM you and ask your permission to play the game. You would have said ok. There is nothing more to it. If I do it next time I will make it a ranked game in a lobby so you have your evidence. I would have thought that the word of both parties (losing and winning) would have been enough in this case. If I broke the rules then void my game and give him the 3 points. Once again it may have been a simple question but the answer would be long and unnecessary.

• Advertisement

joe123 wrote: »
    I always plug mine out for league games! Its an easy game to loose concentration! For friendlies its good tho!

Hmmm, I suppose but it makes the league more enjoyable and not just about 'the win' :o

Kirby wrote: »
    Man City 2 - 1 Bayern Munich .

It was Tevez with the Header. Ade scored the winner. Shows how much you were paying attention. And It was a lovely headed goal into the top corner after a lovely cross. Not a shred of jammyness about it. And there was nothing new about your formation. It was the same 6-0-4 we have seen a thousand times.

What? It was Adebayor that got the header. Im nearly sure of it!

And no i already told you how I changed player runs changed two positions and dropped two players. I havent used it once with bayern in the league. Was testing it out in a few ranked games and thought why not it was solid enough and not that different to what im used to so wasnt that risky!
    Show a little class for once Joe. Give credit where its due for once.

Why dont YOU show a little class...ouuuuuuu Oh no he dint mmm hmm I think he did.:pac:

There is record of it as he posted the result and I thanked it. I was not going to PM you and ask your permission to play the game. You would have said ok. There is nothing more to it. If I do it next time I will make it a ranked game in a lobby so you have your evidence. I would have thought that the word of both parties (losing and winning) would have been enough in this case. If I broke the rules then void my game and give him the 3 points. Once again it may have been a simple question but the answer would be long and unnecessary.

In this case both parties word is fine but the reason the rule is there and the league setup is so that there is a record of it online. Otherwise if the opponent wanted they could say there was no such game if they lost. It avoids unnecessary hassle by sticking to the rules. No your game wont be voided but we prefer people stick to the rules of the league. Cheers for replying with the reason.

Lol. Fair enough. It just felt annoying that I played well and you were all like "Jammy header!" when it was epic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

You also might wanna watch out for Yapa's killer calf shot :D

Myself and Kirby tried to play our league match several times tonight but no luck in connecting, couldn't even connect in a friendly so maybe we can try again over the weekend. Although I won't be on again until sunday Kirby, although I might be able to get on tomorrow afternoon for a little while. No sign of Cashel Man online all week?

Moiph wrote: »

Myself and Kirby tried to play our league match several times tonight but no luck in connecting, couldn't even connect in a friendly so maybe we can try again over the weekend. Although I won't be on again until sunday Kirby, although I might be able to get on tomorrow afternoon for a little while. No sign of Cashel Man online all week?

When that happens me i just go back out to the dashboard and click test xbox live connection. Its worked every time for me.

Moiph wrote: »

It's cool. You are my last game anyway and Yappa has the league sown up so its not a big deal if you are too busy to play. Dead rubber and all that :)

It may matter with relegation! Although I think I'm safe, by about a point if I'm calculating right.

lol. Well in that case we better get it played! :D

I'll be on tomorrow and hopefully that weird connection issue will be gone.

My xbox was telling me my nat settings were strict, so I checked it out on my router and they're open so I reconfigured it with the xbox and it's all good again now. Have a feeling that was the problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Any chance of updating the league table to all games played up until now, just for those who're fighting relegation to what results are needed *oh the shame*

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

SRFC90 wrote: »
    Any chance of updating the league table to all games played up until now, just for those who're fighting relegation to what results are needed *oh the shame*

Thanks!

think its between you and robinson, you are on 28 pints i think and robinson is on 26. where are tickets on sale for that match? :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Tables updated!

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    think its between you and robinson, you are on 28 pints i think and robinson is on 26. where are tickets on sale for that match? :D

Its a must win for both :P If I don't beat Mark then Down I go :(

Funny that it's two Italian teams as well fighting for relegation, Could be riots outside the stadium after :P

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Town Man

If you watched Liverpool v Fulham last weekend youd see the definitely do! Liverpool spent basically the whole game in fulhams half and Bobby Zamora was the only player who actually ventured into our half on occasion.

Besides wouldnt you call a player being able to dribble with the ball from one end of the pitch to the other in under 10 seconds pretty unrealistic? Or the majority of goals in fifa being those that are chipped over the keepers head? Or free kicks constantly going in unrealistic?

Yep Fifa is pretty unrealistic when it wants to be!

Well the thing is these teams still use a 4-4-2 or a 4-5-1 but they are told to be "defensive" or "ultra defensive" which are also options in the game if you use the directional pad.

you never see Fulham playing 6 at the back and 4 players left as high up the pitch as possible. if you want to stick to real life in the game then set your tactics to "ultra defensive" while using the normal formations :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Funny that it's two Italian teams as well fighting for relegation, Could be riots outside the stadium after :P

Why wait until after?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

iL TRY GET ON AT SOME STAGE TONIGHT AFTER 9 TO PLAY A FEW OF MY REMAINING GAMES...CAPS WERE ON SORRY :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Tables updated!

Missed this one.
    Parawind wrote: »
    LEAGUE NAME: Premiership
    GAMEWEEK: Apr-02
    RESULT: Liverpool (Parawind) 4 - 2 Arsenal (Stan Beardfacay)

Town Man wrote: »
    Well the thing is these teams still use a 4-4-2 or a 4-5-1 but they are told to be "defensive" or "ultra defensive" which are also options in the game if you use the directional pad.

you never see Fulham playing 6 at the back and 4 players left as high up the pitch as possible. if you want to stick to real life in the game then set your tactics to "ultra defensive" while using the normal formations :D

But thats the thing the formation isnt actually 6 at the back its 4 at the back with two cdms. It just seems like 6 because you're better off never pressing with any of your back 4 as you will just get split open so you run back with your cdms. In real life your centre backs dont feel the need to step forward and stop when a lobbed through ball is played ala Fifa!:D

Ive seen teams play with two cdms before. Even Liverpool have done it on occasion with Lucas and Masch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

But thats the thing the formation isnt actually 6 at the back its 4 at the back with two cdms. It just seems like 6 because you're better off never pressing with any of your back 4 as you will just get split open so you run back with your cdms. In real life your centre backs dont feel the need to step forward and stop when a lobbed through ball is played ala Fifa!:D

Ive seen teams play with two cdms before. Even Liverpool have done it on occasion with Lucas and Masch.

Yeah but they didn't put the cdms where the CBs normally play and push the defense back to the touch line. Infact if you see liverpools formation in fifa, thats the system they play in reality and you have one cdm and one cm, both on the halfway line.

The point is you get the benefit of having lots in defense and the 4 up front which is fine but you don't get the downside of not having a midfield. If said formation was played in real life the oposition would completely dominate the game. The system simply exploits the shortcomings in the game.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement