Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Leagues FIFA 10 Season 6 - Bad Beat/Moan/Venting

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Toni is a great sub to have on the bench too, strong and great in for the headers. Definitely an overall improvement on Valencia, and you won the league with them...ahhh crap :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Axwell wrote: »
    Toni is a great sub to have on the bench too, strong and great in for the headers. Definitely an overall improvement on Valencia, and you won the league with them...ahhh crap :D

Yeah I noticed that but Valencia are such a small team that I got used to playing with small speedy players so dont know if ill even use Toni! Robben, Gomez and Ribery are fast and Klose is pretty quick so i might just stick with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Yapamillias

good god...wolfsberg are NOT what I thought they would be...didnt get to play with them as my tv was broken when i was in college...just had to go on stats and word of mouth...all hail kirk the dog...prem champ again :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

joe123 wrote: »
    Yeah I noticed that but Valencia are such a small team that I got used to playing with small speedy players so dont know if ill even use Toni! Robben, Gomez and Ribery are fast and Klose is pretty quick so i might just stick with them.

True but I just find Klose falls over too easy when tackled where as Toni brushes defenders aside. Guess it depends what way you prefer to play yourself. That said its not like Klose will miss a header if the chance is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Alright lads, typical man city move here.

50 Million each to let me have the championship :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

SDTimeout wrote: »

Hey, you only need to pay me off, i input the results ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

SDTimeout wrote: »

Make it a 100 million (I'll lose the first 50 million to taxes), and I'll consider it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

problem with bayern is that dimechelis and Van Buyten are both dreadfully slow. One strong but slow centre back is okay, but two of them will cause you problems. And as Future guy mentioned, both Butt and Rensig are terrible keepers. Take our words for it :p If you have a top fifa keeper like Cassius or Reina it makes a huge difference.

They sort of make up for it with good fullbacks and two excellent CDM's in Van Bommel and Tymoschuk though.

Having said that, I'ts rather disconcerting that the last pick got such a good team going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Well I'm screwed for this season anyway, Milan's players get absolutely pushed off the ball if even a light wind hits them. And Pirlo couldn't possibly be slower.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Moiph wrote: »
    Well I'm screwed for this season anyway, Milan's players get absolutely pushed off the ball if even a light wind hits them. And Pirlo couldn't possibly be slower.

hahaha sounds so familier, i had them last season and they are dreadful. The defence is sound but they are the slowest midfield and attack bar pato. Pato is your key man, i recommend getting rid of pirlo for flamini and hunterlar for borriello. Its not a huge difference but at least they have a bit more speed. Theres also abate in the reserves who is quick but completely useless at everything except running.

Once everyone realises you just have to stand on pato and milans attack becomes very limp, your going to be in for a frustrating season.

Hope ya can cope better with them better then i did.

Thank god i got Liverpool this season, at least i will be able to attack and have a bit of pace.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

What I learned about Bayern is as an attacking team they can play 2 completely different styles. If you are up against a team lacking a little speed, go with Gomez and Klose behind him. If you are playing a team lacking height and width, stick on big Toni and whip in crosses. Schweinsteiger has some shot on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Im beginning to regret my decision of picking atletico madrid.If they update the squads online Im goin to lose Maxi rodriguez who is one of their best players.

Ill swap for Juve please!:rolleyes:

Squad updates dont affect the league it plays with default squads.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Town Man

Don't worry lads Seville are going to walk the Premiership (only if Yap's and Kirk's teams are struck down with injuries before I play them :D

they may as well be struck down...wolfsberg are pants...i dont lie...still cant believe i let munich slip...looking foward to playing with new people though...roll on the season of pain

NOTE - We have sent out the league names and passwords for the 2 leagues that have their teams picks finished.

If you havent received a pm its more than likely due to you not giving 'thanks' to the rules sticky. If you havent could you please do so and pm us to send you on the login details.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Don't mean to be a annoyance asking but correct to assume one the leagues get sorted and underway the qualifying one will get underway?

So, Valencia then... at least this time I'm playing as a club I actually like and there are a few options up front, although its a bit like the land of the midgets at times.

They seem decent overall.... so for saying that, I'll probably get relegated!

Rooney10 wrote: »
    So, Valencia then... at least this time I'm playing as a club I actually like and there are a few options up front, although its a bit like the land of the midgets at times.

They seem decent overall.... so for saying that, I'll probably get relegated!

They are actually a quality team when you get used to them. If you work a formation with Villa,silva,mata and hernandez all in advanced attacking roles you should get plenty of goals and miguel and manuel fernandes are pretty good too. But yeah they are a tiny team unless you play zigic whos ****e!

Im actually missing them at the minute. Played games last night with bayern for the first time against Parawind and Storybud and they both pretty much flaked me. Parawind absolutely raped me with Torres. Bayerns defence is abysmally slow and the keeper is poo and and I cant seem to get Ribery on the ball enough.

They are actually a quality team when you get used to them. If you work a formation with Villa,silva,mata and hernandez all in advanced attacking roles you should get plenty of goals and miguel and manuel fernandes are pretty good too. But yeah they are a tiny team unless you play zigic whos ****e!

Im actually missing them at the minute. Played games last night with bayern for the first time against Parawind and Storybud and they both pretty much flaked me. Parawind absolutely raped me with Torres. Bayerns defence is abysmally slow and the keeper is poo and and I cant seem to get Ribery on the ball enough.

Good Jesus, I know what you mean..Zigic is funny. Its like he is shooting with wellies on! I suppose hes something different with his height if I'm ever stuck.

I've been using Manuel Fernandes too (Albelda & Baraja get passed out by snails).

Overall they could be good enough when I get used to them..I need to change the way I play, not used to midgets. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Bayerns defence is abysmally slow and the keeper is poo and

Shoe's on the other foot now eh? :D Wait till he starts costing you games. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

I got Bayern in the Serie A. I had never played with them and threw them in my selections as I remember 'Goal'.......Gomes.......Goal.......Gomes' etc from playing storybud in the waiting league.

I played twice with them now since they are my pick. Haven't noticed the keepers or defence being poor which is worrying to hear.

I'd just like to hear whether you guys think I should stay with the default ie Ribery, Gomes, Robben or try fit in Toni or Klose in a 4-4-2?

It's all about whatever suits your style of play most, just experiment with a couple of different setups before the league starts!

I'm still trying to find the right formation that suits me with Milan.

I played a few games again there and I cant buy a win! Not only am I loosing but im getting beat by big margins! :(

Had a look at Dan Van Bs acceleration and hes 49 :eek: Holy god.

Will be on tonight for practice matches if anyones interested. Bloody hell do I need it!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Leagues are all set up and ready to start this Friday.

Passwords have been sent to all who have read and thanked this post.

For those who haven't PM me when you do so I'll send you on the password.

Best of luck to all!

Had a look at Dan Van Bs acceleration and hes 49 :eek: Holy god.

Cruising along at a sprint speed of approximately 8 MPH.

I'm actually sick of AC Milan already. Dear mother of jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Town Man

Have only played with Seville twice and that was 2 weeks ago, don't know what to expect to be honest but I will gladly take 4th from bottom :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

PM sent to my gameweek 1 opponents regarding fixture arrangement.

• Advertisement

loving the draw lol

hokem v parawind :D

me v axwell :cool:

AND fracking me vs the champ in the first round....talk about being thrown in at the deep end :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement