Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Leagues FIFA 10 Season 6 - Bad Beat/Moan/Venting

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Kirby wrote: »
    Shoe's on the other foot now eh? :D Wait till he starts costing you games. :P

QFT.

People say the keepers are all bad. You''ll soon realise that there are many MANY levels of bad. I would insure my xbox controller if I was playing as bayern again.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

FutureGuy wrote: »
    QFT.

I would insure my xbox controller if I was playing as bayern again.

lol :D

So wheres the new sig, thought it would be unveiled by today!??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Axwell wrote: »
    lol :D

So wheres the new sig, thought it would be unveiled by today!??

Just like the Bayern keepers he can't save it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Just like the Bayern keepers he can't save it :p

ffffffffffffffffffffail :P

Rooney10 wrote: »
    ffffffffffffffffffffail :P

Thank you, thank you... I'm here all week, try the veal!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Srooney03

Il be on at midnight guys for my games if yer around,cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Off to a good start, 2 wins from 2. I love not being milan :D!

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

darsar wrote: »
    Haven't noticed the keepers or defence being poor which is worrying to hear.

I take this back after my first game! Defenders from the pub team! Bayern Munich that is.

Jesus, quitting is a bigger problem now than it was before. I've played 5 ranked games, I haven't got past 35 mins in any of them. It makes it hard to practice for the league when I spent most of my times looking at the "Connection lost with opponent" screen. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,375 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Rooney10 wrote: »
    Jesus, quitting is a bigger problem now than it was before. I've played 5 ranked games, I haven't got past 35 mins in any of them. It makes it hard to practice for the league when I spent most of my times looking at the "Connection lost with opponent" screen. :mad:

hey rich, if you need to play randomers, id custom search for anyone with less than 10% DNF. I honestly think nobody has quit early when ive done the custom search. havent touched the quick ranked match option in ages. my points total seems to be building as well lately because im playing normal people who can take a defeat without childish quitting. huge improvement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Ill be leaving this gameweeks fixtures to later on in the week!

Im seriously struggling with Bayern so im going to try get more practice in. With a team with Robben Ribery,Gomez,Klose and Toni I would of thought id be flying after using Valencia but its the complete opposite. Will be lucky to stay up this season. Hopefully il either get my form back or stumble upon a working formation. For as slow as Van buyten is, when hes out of the team my defence feels even worse!

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

joe123 wrote: »
    Ill be leaving this gameweeks fixtures to later on in the week!

Im seriously struggling with Bayern so im going to try get more practice in. With a team with Robben Ribery,Gomez,Klose and Toni I would of thought id be flying after using Valencia but its the complete opposite. Will be lucky to stay up this season. Hopefully il either get my form back or stumble upon a working formation. For as slow as Van buyten is, when hes out of the team my defence feels even worse!

I feel your pain Joe. At least DVB is great in the air. You can't hold down 'A' and get him sucked to the ball when it's played into the strikers feet. Never make up the ground when it's played in behind !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

I should be back up and running tomorrow i think, proper broadband down at the moment!

Town Man wrote: »
    LEAGUE NAME: Premiership
    GAMEWEEK: 12th Feb
    RESULT: Seville (Town Man) 1 - 3 Munich(Joe123)

impossible to get past the 6 man defence, my connection went after 65 mins and that was the score at that stage

Think it goes down as a 3-0 to me? Was one on one with Ribery for my fourth :(

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Yapamillias

really HATE playing against the 6-0-4 formations...:mad:...its anti football in the biggest way...just because its a feature in the game doesnt mean it should be used...throw in glitches...flag glitching...crossbar throwins are all part of the game...doesnt mean they should be used...non custom formations should be used in the boards league...name one team in the world who plays nobody in midfield...much more respect for players who can defend really well with a normal back 4 or 5 (with wing backs)...parawind might not have the best defensive record at the end of the season but hes far and away the best defender in the league. FACT. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

really HATE playing against the 6-0-4 formations...:mad:...its anti football in the biggest way...just because its a feature in the game doesnt mean it should be used...throw in glitches...flag glitching...crossbar throwins are all part of the game...doesnt mean they should be used...non custom formations should be used in the boards league...name one team in the world who plays nobody in midfield...much more respect for players who can defend really well with a normal back 4 or 5 (with wing backs)...parawind might not have the best defensive record at the end of the season but hes far and away the best defender in the league. FACT. :cool:

+1 for being against the minor few i have come across with thes types of formation, shoudnt be allowed!

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Town Man

The league should be about having a laugh playing Fifa without the threat of people quitting! At the end of the day there is no trophy given out to who wins so people should just play the game as it is
    If your worried about tactics and formations there are football management games for that sort of thing

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I play 4-2-1-3 myself with two CDM's for protection. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Who plays 6-0-4 just out of curiosity?

I play 4-2-1-3 myself with two CDM's for protection. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Who plays 6-0-4 just out of curiosity?

Thats the formation hes refering too, you play the defensive line very deep and 2 deep cdm then 3 forward players and a man in the hole to pick up at the rebounds, have a look at the formation theres nobody in the middle of the park.

It might not technically be 6-0-4 but its pretty close. The problem with it is the oponent has to commit so many men to break down the 6 defensive players and then they get caught with a long ball to the man in the hole and a simple through ball for a 1 on 1.

I can understand the frustration, i myself haven't had too much trouble against it but thats cause i play very differently to most.

I find it odd that they got rid of the custom tactics for online play instead of custom formations. To me...it would have made more sense to do it the other way around.

• Advertisement

Well I play with a back 4 and then two midfielders and then 4 forwards. But when I first came across these formations I just came up with one myself to counter them. There are always ways passed big defences.
    Moiph wrote: »
    LEAGUE NAME: Premiership
    GAMEWEEK: 12th Feb
    RESULT: AC Milan (BassmanMurph85) 2 - 1 Bayern Munich (joe123)

Not sure what formation Bassman was using here but it seemed like he had about 8 back in his box every time I was attacking. On top of that the way he plays he recycles the ball a hell of alot. Hes one of the hardest players to play against for me as hel run forward then pass back into his midfield and so on untill he gets nearer the goal. I remember id the same trouble against him last season.

If Kirby played this game against bassman I know hed be sending him a very angry message! :P

The thing that really annoys me in this game are the watching every replay/goal celebration and passing the ball amongst the back 4 (as that imo IS exploting a flaw in the game. Then of course the random ****tyness of fifa 10 in general but besides that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

I don't see a problem with how I play though, it just suits my style.

Moiph wrote: »
    I don't see a problem with how I play though, it just suits my style.

No its a perfectly good way to play. Im just saying that I find it v.tough to play against you. You play very slow tempo and pretty defensive but it always works against me. I think you beat me once last season anyways and possibly two?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

I beat you once then you hammered me 5-0 in the second game. It's my problem with Fifa...consistency. If I could be consistent I'd be happy.

I didn't think there was a 4-2-1-3 formation in the game! Is it a custom one?

Mr Moon wrote: »
    I didn't think there was a 4-2-1-3 formation in the game! Is it a custom one?

yeah its custom and looks roughly like this:

GK
    DL - DC - DC - DR
    DM -DM

AMC
    LF ST RF

The defensive line pushed back deeper then normal and the defensive midfielders sitting just in front of the back 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

joe123 wrote: »
    If Kirby played this game against bassman I know hed be sending him a very angry message! :P

Yes, because you never paused league matches to send angry messages at all. :rolleyes:

I've never done that.

Yes, because you never paused league matches to send angry messages at all. :rolleyes:

I've never done that.

As I said....
    passing the ball amongst the back 4 (as that imo IS exploting a flaw in the game

Really dont want to start this whole debate again for the 700th time though! :)

PMs sent to the lads I'm supposed to play.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Parawind wrote: »
    yeah its custom and looks roughly like this:

GK
    DL - DC - DC - DR
    DM -DM

AMC
    LF ST RF

The defensive line pushed back deeper then normal and the defensive midfielders sitting just in front of the back 4.

FYP

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement