Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Leagues FIFA 10 Season 6 - Bad Beat/Moan/Venting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

my internet is back, can play the league now.. im inter milan in la liga.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Out of interest, anyone know why GME didn't return to the league this time?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Some games are just crazy...the players just completely ignore your tactics.

I played a ranked match, won 2-0, played the guy again and the second time, same tactics, same formation, same teams he scores 7 after scoring 0 the first time around...ends up 5-7 and we both have more than 20 shots.

My defense just hangs onto the halfway line and keep getting caught with only one defender back, when I'm playing 4 at the back

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Rooney10 wrote: »
    Some games are just crazy...the players just completely ignore your tactics.

I played a ranked match, won 2-0, played the guy again and the second time, same tactics, same formation, same teams he scores 7 after scoring 0 the first time around...ends up 5-7 and we both have more than 20 shots.

My defense just hangs onto the halfway line and keep getting caught with only one defender back, when I'm playing 4 at the back and have them pulled back slightly.

Yeah theres something not quite right about this years fifa. Call it scripting/momentum or whatever but there are times in this game youll be doing everything wrong. Simple short passes going in odd directions, the bounce of the ball going in favour of one team (always).

My bit of advice is if your playing online DONT play against people that have live season enabled. Its ridiculous how much the game will favour that team then. Any team that has the form will 9.9/10 times get every decision.

Hmmmm, I just find it unusual how the same game ends up with me conceding no goals the first time around and not giving up many chances and the next game ends with me conceding more goals than I've ever conceded in any online game ever....

Very hard to be consistent!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

It happens often, it's not just confined to fifa and its not that surprising if you think about it. People learn what works and what doesn't.

If you are get dispossessed constantly when trying to turn with the ball in the first game, in the second one you play quick passes instead. If you are getting skinned in defence, in the second game you back off with your defender. People adapt. Like the borg! :p

Common sense really. He obviously learned what didn't work and was able to score alot more in the second game.

Regarding lucky breaks and deflection, thats just fifa. Very frustrating when it happens to you. And it doesn't even itself out over the course of a game. But it does over several games. Sometimes you get them, sometimes your opponent does. It's true what Steve Davies said though. "The more I practice the luckier I get."

Fast learner, improved by 15 shots and 7 goals :p

Can someone PM me the details for La Liga? I didn't get them originally and I think Moon has sent me the Premiership ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭bonkers

mailrewop wrote: »
    LEAGUE NAME: Serie A
    GAMEWEEK: 12-Feb
    RESULT: Man City (mailrewop) 1 - 0 Chelsea (hayf)

well played.. good start.. lost out to an 80th minute winner.. i had barely a shot on target out of about 14 shots.. drogba and anelka need to improve

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Qualifying coming soon?Btw servers down for anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

joe123 wrote: »
    My bit of advice is if your playing online DONT play against people that have live season enabled. Its ridiculous how much the game will favour that team then. Any team that has the form will 9.9/10 times get every decision.

How do you know if they have it enabled.

this scripting thing is doing my nut. Was playing a game earlier and the players would do nothing I wanted. The amount of times I pressed pass and they didnt or shoot in front of goal and they would delay that fraction too long. Its a fookin head wrecker

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Can someone PM me the details for La Liga? I didn't get them originally and I think Moon has sent me the Premiership ones?

Done..
    Soby wrote: »
    Qualifying coming soon?Btw servers down for anyone?

There will be a thread posted when there is a qualifying league, this season has only started on Friday. Will be a few weeks at least.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Sorry force of habit, forgot you were in the lower league :p

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Sorry force of habit, forgot you were in the lower league :p

I'd like to think I wouldn't have got relegated if I actually had a connection... I'd like to think that as I said, doesn't mean it mightn't have happened anyways :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

had it arranged to play al dunne (aston villa) in la liga tonight at around 10.30 - 11.30 through boards.

im online waiting for him to finish his match, i then pm him on xbox asking if he's ready he replys im not due to play you this week, i then told him that he is and im mufcboy1999 etc etc then he signs offline....

annoying as ****

is anyone noticing bad lag during there league games i had terrible lag against shadyross and livelyjojo in which it effected my play big time it cost me the game against shadyross it kept freezing every 5 seconds...

my connection is 100 per cent iv tested everything and played xbox live games perfect only getting lag through last 2 league games???

718083473.png

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dufflecoatsunri

bennyc wrote: »
    Week1
    Bayern Munich - (Dufflecoatsunri) 3 - 0 Real Madrid (bennyc)

god damn f$%king connection:mad::mad::mad:

TBH was up against it for the first few minutes.

Confirmed....connection dropped on him at 0-0. Nasty crappy Broadband providers in this stupid country.....ridiculous....why the hell do we all put up with it..........had to double check it wasnt mine that went cos God knows that happens enough times.......Love Vodafone Home.......NOT!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Myself and Stan Beardfacay had an odd problem when we went to have our league match earlier tonight, when either of us sent an invite to play the game Fifa would just freeze up!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Moiph wrote: »
    Out of interest, anyone know why GME didn't return to the league this time?

Work commitments - said he wouldnt have time to be on as much and get games played.

Myself and Stan Beardfacay had an odd problem when we went to have our league match earlier tonight, when either of us sent an invite to play the game Fifa would just freeze up!

The servers were acting up earlier on, I tried to play one of the lads in a few friendlies and was getting the same thing. It sorted itself out afterwards so you should be able to play now.

had it arranged to play al dunne (aston villa) in la liga tonight at around 10.30 - 11.30 through boards.

im online waiting for him to finish his match, i then pm him on xbox asking if he's ready he replys im not due to play you this week, i then told him that he is and im mufcboy1999 etc etc then he signs offline....

annoying as ****

is anyone noticing bad lag during there league games i had terrible lag against shadyross and livelyjojo in which it effected my play big time it cost me the game against shadyross it kept freezing every 5 seconds...

my connection is 100 per cent iv tested everything and played xbox live games perfect only getting lag through last 2 league games???

He probably just made a mistake? It happens. I got a PM from a lad trying to organise a game, when I'm not even in the same league as him. Not a big deal.

I had problems earlier too. If i was searching for a match, it would search infinitely. Xbox.com had "Server too busy" messages popping up all over the shop too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

How do you know if they have it enabled.

this scripting thing is doing my nut. Was playing a game earlier and the players would do nothing I wanted. The amount of times I pressed pass and they didnt or shoot in front of goal and they would delay that fraction too long. Its a fookin head wrecker

When you are pickin your teams say if they pick Madrid and you see their stats are really high like 89 attack (i think their defualt is 83 or something) that means they have live season. If your not sure just go to the team they picked and compare their stats with yours. In the team line ups aswell before kick off it will say live season enabled below their formation.

I dont have live season and rarely play against players that have it. It ruins the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

He probably just made a mistake? It happens. I got a PM from a lad trying to organise a game, when I'm not even in the same league as him. Not a big deal.

I had problems earlier too. If i was searching for a match, it would search infinitely. Xbox.com had "Server too busy" messages popping up all over the shop too.

considering you only have 3 fixtures a week its not that hard to keep track of who is playing who especially when you arrange to be online at a certain time and give up your plans:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

feck me, im going through an unlucky patch and finding it hard to get out of it. even in matches i win, something out of my control goes wrong. some of the stuff that happened tonight was unbelieveable like when i had a tasty henry free-kick when one of my own players decides to run across it and block it 2 yards in front of henry, once i was straight through on goal, sure goal and someone else ran up to the ball, glanced it, called offside thanks to the idiot. there was various other things too but those beauties stood out.

im going to do some damage this season, the joypad is going to be fecked up soon i reckon.

considering you only have 3 fixtures a week its not that hard to keep track of who is playing who especially when you arrange to be online at a certain time and give up your plans:)

To be fair, he wouldn't be the first to misread something....won't be the last either!

annoying as ****

718083473.png

Sorry bout that. Am I right in saying your name on Live is not mufcboy1999 while boards says it is (see http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=64426387&postcount=2) I logged off straight after I sent you back that mail saying not playing you this week as I looked at what I had written down for games this week and your live name was not on it

See my post above. Was a genuine error

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I'd like to think I wouldn't have got relegated if I actually had a connection... I'd like to think that as I said, doesn't mean it mightn't have happened anyways :p

Excuses, excuses :p

Looking forward to playing you again. Need to exact some revenge!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

FÚCK!!!!!

:mad:

Red Rings . Fourth time sending my xbox away, this is the SECOND xbox i've had too they sent me a new one

After talking to his superviser he said they felt " obliged " to fix it for free. TBH they should be " obliged " to send me a brand f*cking new xbox with a HDMI port in it his time. CRAP CRAP CRAP

may not be out of comission though, my mates brother is at college and his xbox should be lying idle for the next 12-14 working days :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

SDTimeout wrote: »
    FÚCK!!!!!

:mad:

Red Rings . Fourth time sending my xbox away, this is the SECOND xbox i've had too they sent me a new one

After talking to his superviser he said they felt " obliged " to fix it for free. TBH they should be " obliged " to send me a brand f*cking new xbox with a HDMI port in it his time. CRAP CRAP CRAP

At this stage, I would tell them you deserved a new one as it's probably costing alot for them to fix it again and again. I gave my brother same advice, he got a brand new system. His only had RROD once.

I'd definately ask for a few freebies while you are at it. They will probably throw in an accessory to keep you happy!

Tbh im conisdering asking for one with a HDMI port. New TV and i have the older xbox model.

Alright we'll scheme here, what's the best case scenario if i ring them back up :P

• Advertisement

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Excuses, excuses :p

Looking forward to playing you again. Need to exact some revenge!

Those big Chelsea relationship experts defenders will be difficult for my team of highly trained diminutive leprechauns to get past! They are quite good at filling in for one another. :pac:

I find it hard to stop leaking goals from every angle!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement