Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Leagues FIFA 10 Season 6 - Bad Beat/Moan/Venting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

joe123 wrote: »
    I thought Bayern were playing great stuff in Germany...but they dont seem as good now and ive lost my left back Braafield where he was one of my quickest players and no more Toni. Guess that ends my Klose - Toni debate :(

Regarding Liverpool Parawind, I tried them there as I wanted to see what Maxi was like and have to say i loved playing with them! Not sure if its that I havent used them in so long but I thought they have improved in the game if anything!

Trust me they haven't improved, gerrard, yossi, reira, aquilani and macherano have all had there speed cut, and they weren't all that fast to begin with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭storybud22

well im happy defoe is 83:D and modric and lennon improved. my whole defense is crap but i feel parwinds pain :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Parawind wrote: »
    Trust me they haven't improved, gerrard, yossi, reira, aquilani and macherano have all had there speed cut, and they weren't all that fast to begin with.

Riera was too good anyways in the game. :P Hes pretty slow in real life but was too quick in this. Maybe its the fact I hadnt played with them in so long that I found them to be so solid.

Bloody Bayern have been hit aswell. Klose and Gomez have all lost speed as has Ribery. Ive lost my number one left back and ive lost my big man up front option in Luca Toni.

Without Braafield in defence Bayerns slow defence just got even slower!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Has anyone heard from BeeeeKay (selephonic)? I sent him a few messages about playing our league game but no response.

RROD for me lads!! :( hopefully back in two weeks but I will try and get the nephews xbox to complete the games before that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭selephonic

moz wrote: »
    Has anyone heard from BeeeeKay (selephonic)? I sent him a few messages about playing our league game but no response.

Hey Moz, I posted last week about my dead PSU. I'll be in touch when its replacement arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

selephonic wrote: »
    Hey Moz, I posted last week about my dead PSU. I'll be in touch when its replacement arrives.

Sorry man, I didn't see that post. Thanks for the update.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

New xbox :)

Will be on from tonight outstanding lads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭storybud22

anyone want a friendly game tonight. being playing poor last 3days and need to shake off rust.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

storybud22 wrote: »
    anyone want a friendly game tonight. being playing poor last 3days and need to shake off rust.

I'll play ya if I'm on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

I'm not a quiter but I have never felt so tempted to just reach out a knock off the xbox as last night! 13-0!!! Bayerns defence are a shambles. SRooney might confirm that every time he went forward it was a goal. I was beat 8-0 last week. It seems if one goes in, any amount can. Maybe that's a weakness in me but man, that was a thrashing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Attention all LA LIGA players!

Play your games, you are way behind the other two leagues!!

Prem 6 unplayed

Serie A 9 unplayed

La Liga 31 unplayed

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Srooney03

darsar wrote: »
    I'm not a quiter but I have never felt so tempted to just reach out a knock off the xbox as last night! 13-0!!! Bayerns defence are a shambles. SRooney might confirm that every time he went forward it was a goal. I was beat 8-0 last week. It seems if one goes in, any amount can. Maybe that's a weakness in me but man, that was a thrashing.

I have played leagues with Bayern before and taught they were pretty good,the main thing i noticed was how open you play,you conceded very early and then it was all rush rush which made it very easy for me to pick you apart.
    Id reccomend you start your games at a slower pace,hold onto the ball more to try not get caught out as easy on the break!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Only managed 1 out of 2 games this week. Haven't really had the chance to play it much due to playin online clubs with the lads all week and completely forgettin about it lol

I've still to play matches against srooney03 & wonderboysam
    for the fixtures from 26th Feb
    I'll be on the Xbox all weekend probably so i suggest adding me as a friend incase u havent just to keep an eye out for me because I am forgettin about this league a number of times this week sorry lol

I think i'll say this to the other 3 lads i'm due to play for the latest fixture this week because the weekend is the best time for me to play the league.

During the week I'm busy during the afternoon and once i settle on this Xbox after 6pm usually I'm in a game with the boys lol

I think I'm against Dowdus Maximus, frankbradz [i noticed u added me so ul see wot im upta anyway], and whoever's using Bayern Munich.

Cheers lads lol should've said all this before the thing started

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

If you add the lads in the league to your friends list its easy to see when they are on or not and play the games you are due to play when the time comes.

Axwell wrote: »
    If you add the lads in the league to your friends list its easy to see when they are on or not and play the games you are due to play when the time comes.

ill do that now actually, saves any more hasstle :)

ahhhhh im crying inside, don't believe it lol. I thought i was on a role against srooney03, 3-1 and then i went downhill after like the 70th minute lol completely buggered up in my own box, giving away a penalty after some tug to get the ball cleared, 3-2 (I ALMOST SAVED IT ANOL! hah) and then another struggle in my own box in the 90th minute, he managed to make it 3-3 for Full time lol twas a class match but im so dissapointed in meself for switching that formation :P

When I plug it into the controller (tried 2 I have) it shows up and is recognised but I can't hear anything or when i speak it doesn't recongise the speech? I'm not in a party and have the switch on green.

Anyone any ideas on what to try!?

Had the most ridiculous match ever on this league. Against derryred (frankbradz)
    First of all the game was a bit jumpy a few times, but it was playable at the very least.

It was ping pong goals as soon as the 2nd half started, until it got to 2-2.

He got the equalizer close to full time and afterwards went straight into the pause menu and made 3 subs. I couldn't remember who he brought on or took out but whatever it was he did, he had what looked like at least 6 players in defence.

Now, I know there's no limits to using the formation system i understand that but putting 6 or 7 players at the back line is a bit desperate (In terms of preventing a goal being conceded, to which it suggests you are horrible at playing the game a bit more realisticly like everyone else)

I don't normally whine like this after a match on fifa but i have to say with all due respect, i did not deserve to lose that game, his passing was horrible, mines wasnt the best but i know for a fact i played better than him.

All other games i've lost or drawn on this league wer all either fair beatings or good tight games. This one is a huge exception im sorry i had to get all this out and i thought this would be the best place to do it. Ridiculous outcome.

6-7 players in defence is stupid, but in all honesty guys who does that?? Or is it just me that uses realistic formations?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Custom formations are part of the game and there is no rule against using them. You said that it was 2-2 and close to full time in your post,so he brought on fresh players and he changed his formation to keep it a draw for the few minutes that were left.

I dont see why you are complaining to be honest and calling it a ridiculous outcome. It doesnt suggest he is horrible at the game, he conceeded 2 goals, he scored 2, same as you did so that would put you on level par to be honest.

If you played that much better than him as you claim then you should have been able to go a few ahead not be level at 2-2 with only a few minutes left to go.

Edit: just checked the score and you lost 3-2 so again I dont see how you can make your claims about his poor passing etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

i understand where he is coming from, the amount of players playing 6 or more in defense is getting a bit crazy. Sometimes no matter what you do, it wont go your way and other times, you can play terribly and beat formidable opponents. even just the other day, i played Mark in the league, played decently enough but lost to a header from a corner and couldnt get an equaliser(cesar pulled off some save at the end Mark, i mean wow!). after that, i beat yapamillias(top of the league) 3 times in friendlies without doing anything exceptional. Parawind said it very well the other day, sometimes the game punishes you for playing well ie blocks and intercepts actually helping the opponents attacking move.

EDIT:and by the way, i know i used to play 5 defenders and a cdm but ive seen the light. now, im actually trying to enjoy playing the game despite my league position. My game with Mister Robinson was class because the 2 of us just tried to out-attack each other, great game that ended 4-3, probably should have finished 8-6, lol!

My point wasnt over the formation, in his post he basically says the other guy was crap and that he was much better player than him and it was a ridiculous outcome, yet with a few minutes to go in the game the score is 2-2 (the person hes playing hadnt changed formation up to this point). My point is if he was that much better than him he would have been winning comfortably and not been in the situation he was with a few minutes to go in the first place.

Its a rant/outburst about a formation change and how poor the other player was but be fair, if he was that bad you would have been winning easily and wouldnt be on here complaining. The fact he changed formation and shut up shop and managed to sneek a winner is what seems to be annoying you really and it seems bad form to come on saying how bad a player he is when obviously he was good enough to have you level at 2-2 and get a late winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

yea agree with you, kinda bad form alright!

gotta say I know what he's saying to some extent, I've lost/drawn to many terrible players and ive beaten many good players too. Im probably somewhere in the middle of terrible and decent. Its the way fifa 10 is sometimes unfortunately, you can feel like you have lost to the worst player in the world!.

SRFC90 wrote: »
    When I plug it into the controller (tried 2 I have) it shows up and is recognised but I can't hear anything or when i speak it doesn't recongise the speech? I'm not in a party and have the switch on green.

Anyone any ideas on what to try!?

Yeah your mics just borked to be honest. They dont have the best connections in them and they break pretty easily. When you plug the jack into the joypad it will recognise it anyways and show up as a mic connected but it doesnt mean its working. Theres a loose connection somewhere along the cable or its worn from wear and tear. Best just to grab a new headset. I've gone through at least 3 or 4 at this stage.

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    i played Mark in the league, played decently enough but lost to a header from a corner and couldnt get an equaliser(cesar pulled off some save at the end Mark, i mean wow!).

Yeah it's annoying, only adopted playing that formation because almost everyone i'd played before that was using it and I was getting nowhere!

The other day I played Axwell i think, didn't do much wrong defensely on my part but lost 5v1.

Straight off the top of my head I can rememeber I hit the post twice, one time one on one with Eto’o. Milito had 2 one on ones saved. Eto’o slid a couple of simple chances just wide again for no reason. For one of his goals 2 of my defenders ran into each other allowing him a simple finish. Another of his was a header where it hit the bar then the back of my keeper and went in, another being when my keep ran 40 miles off his line when I never told him to, simple chip for him, goal. Games seem fixed from kick off, thats FIFA 10 in a nutshell.

Please Axwell, for the sake of my heart and the sanity of my head tell me I’m not imaging things!!!

SRFC90 wrote: »
    Please Axwell, for the sake of my heart and the sanity of my head tell me I’m not imaging things!!!

What you talking about Willis??:D

To be honest I dont remember all the chances etc because im playing UT a lot and go through so many games but I remember the keeper one alright, took a powerful header from a corner that hit the cross bar, came back off it and hit his keeper and the back of the head and went in. Great finish by your keeper but typical fifa 10.

Axwell wrote: »
    Custom formations are part of the game and there is no rule against using them. You said that it was 2-2 and close to full time in your post,so he brought on fresh players and he changed his formation to keep it a draw for the few minutes that were left.

I dont see why you are complaining to be honest and calling it a ridiculous outcome. It doesnt suggest he is horrible at the game, he conceeded 2 goals, he scored 2, same as you did so that would put you on level par to be honest.

If you played that much better than him as you claim then you should have been able to go a few ahead not be level at 2-2 with only a few minutes left to go.

Edit: just checked the score and you lost 3-2 so again I dont see how you can make your claims about his poor passing etc

I fully understand that using custom formations is part of the game. I was told that having 6-0-4 wasn't allowed (okay it mightn't have been 6-0-4 from him but it was my first thought and my first reaction), thats the main reason i got fairly irritated.

I never said he was horrible at the game. And if i put that across then it wasn't my intended opinion

I'm not sayin that i played much better than him. You said in ur following post aswell that I basically said he was crap. My reply to that is stop putting words in my mouth because i never said that and I do not care if you say i "basically" said it, i did not say it and did not intend to put it across like that, those are my words against yours.

And just because he won does not suggest his passing was better than mine im sorry Axwell but that statement is utter bullsh1t.

I found it rather bizarre that the game played perfectly fine throughout the first half, no jitters, he was already klass in his defence until the 2nd half started and it went downhill.

The punchline for me bein annoyed at this is because the game lagged throughout the second half, causing me to get distracted, and him being able to walk it past my defence, i could keep no control simply because of that lag, ask anyone against me and they'll tell you i do play defensively.

In your own words...
    gamercfc wrote: »
    Had the most ridiculous match ever on this league. Against derryred (frankbradz)
    First of all the game was a bit jumpy a few times, but it was playable at the very least.

A bit jumpy but playable at the very least, that was your only comment on the lag.

Lag is part of online gaming, there isnt much we can do as regards monitoring games and when they are laggy etc. Everyone is responsible for their own connection and expected to try and play when others in their house arent using their broadband at the same time etc which would cause lag.
    gamercfc wrote: »

I don't normally whine like this after a match on fifa but i have to say with all due respect, i did not deserve to lose that game, his passing was horrible, mines wasnt the best but i know for a fact i played better than him.

You clearly state that you played better than him and that his passing was horrible.

I never said that his passing was better than yours I said if you were playing so much better than him then you should have possibly been leading by a few goals and not level at 2-2 which would suggest he was playing as well as you were to be fair to him.

As regards the custom formations you read the rules and agreed to them, nowhere in them did myself or Moon say that custom formation (6-0-4 or otherwise) werent allowed, they are part of the game and there to be used. Im not sure who told you that they werent allowed but they are incorrect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Frankly i'm fed up with 6-0-4 and its simply because the league is getting boring.

I hope to god Yapa wins the league simply because hes going about it in the right way, this negative formation is making game after game play the exact same and its just plain dull. Now i have won some and lost some against this formation but at least before this there was some variety, every match this season bar 2 have been the exact same. I keep the ball and have to commit my whole team to try break down the 6 at the back.

Frankly and i say this not trying to cause offense but this formation simply covers up for people who can't defend, as there are so many people back and so deep that a monkey could defend with it. Then all that has to be done is a long ball thrown forward and you have at least 4 on 4.

Now i know its allowed within the rules, and i don't expect the rules to change, but when everyone in the league is using them bar 2 or 3 players its getting silly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I've been using default formations for about a month now as I wanted to be ready for Ultimate team. But this isn't just a formation issue.

You play with default formations parawind but your custom tactics amount to the same thing as 6-0-4. The custom tactics coupled with "LT and run backwards" means that by the time anybody reaches the halfway line, you have atleast 9 men behind the ball. I don't have an issue with that, but it amounts to the same thing. You end up having yourself what you are moaning about.

We have played several thousand games at this stage man and I've had the same frustrated feeling against you.... as you have against the 6-0-4 people....of the entire team being behind the ball and being unable to break it down.

I'm not having a go at you in particular, but there is some hypocrisy going on here. The position of your men on the field has just as much to do with speed, pressure and agression values as it does the formation.

If the custom formations got banned I wouldn't have an issue with it. I don't even use them anymore. But they arent the issue here. Plenty of people use default formations and use custom tactics to park 10 men behind the ball....yourself included. It wouldn't solve anything by banning custom formations.

Besides, if somebody wants to go defensive, why shouldn't they be able to? But the people moaning about it defend the same way. Nothing wrong with it, but stop calling people out for things you are doing yourself.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement