Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Leagues FIFA 10 Season 6 - Bad Beat/Moan/Venting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Kirby wrote: »
    I've been using default formations for about a month now as I wanted to be ready for Ultimate team. But this isn't just a formation issue.

You play with default formations parawind but your custom tactics amount to the same thing as 6-0-4. The custom tactics coupled with "LT and run backwards" means that by the time anybody reaches the halfway line, you have atleast 9 men behind the ball. I don't have an issue with that, but it amounts to the same thing. You end up having yourself what you are moaning about.

We have played several thousand games at this stage man and I've had the same frustrated feeling against you.... as you have against the 6-0-4 people....of the entire team being behind the ball and being unable to break it down.

I'm not having a go at you in particular, but there is some hypocrisy going on here. The position of your men on the field has just as much to do with speed, pressure and agression values as it does the formation.

If the custom formations got banned I wouldn't have an issue with it. I don't even use them anymore. But they arent the issue here. Plenty of people use default formations and use custom tactics to park 10 men behind the ball....yourself included. It wouldn't solve anything by banning custom formations.

Besides, if somebody wants to go defensive, why shouldn't they be able to? But the people moaning about it defend the same way. Nothing wrong with it, but stop calling people out for things you are doing yourself.

ok now how about you have a look at liverpools custom tactics cause thats is what i play and nobody sits deep and no i don't have at least 9 men behind the ball. I simply defend by standing off with 1 player and chasing with the call second defender button. I have 4 players sitting in my back line where as this formation has 4 defenders sitting far deeper then normal and 2 cdms right in front of them.

Saying i am doing it myself is not even close to being true, i play a completely different way and you know it. I have never and will never put 10 men behind the ball as you well know, i play the same way when i am winning or losing.

And perhaps you should re-read what i posted i didn't say they shouldn't be allowed to do it anywhere, i said that everyone playing it in the league is making it dull.

Also i think you can ask anyone in the league about how i play, and nobody would say i defend like that 6-0-4 formation, i simply defend well(for the most part) and this formation allows anyone to defend well, it just hides peoples actually inability to defend.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

I played you the other night and you were using the formation you mention above. Really its not very different from the 6-0-4 formation, looks like a 4-2-3-1. You have a backline of 4 with 2 CMD's playing in front of them. All those players sit within your own half in the formation. You then have a lone striker up front with 3 sitting right behind him in a row. Its not a huge difference and you can equally play a long ball forward to your front 4 the same as anyone using the 6-0-4 formation. So i think the similarities are pretty big.

As regards the league itself I personally dont find the league dull at all. Id say its the best season so far in the premiership. There are plenty of high socring games and the league itself is very tight so its hard to know who will get relegated and who will win and will be that way right to the end i think.

Axwell wrote: »
    I played you the other night and you were using the formation you mention above. Really its not very different from the 6-0-4 formation, looks like a 4-2-3-1. You have a backline of 4 with 2 CMD's playing in front of them. All those players sit within your own half in the formation. You then have a lone striker up front with 3 sitting right behind him in a row. Its not a huge difference and you can equally play a long ball forward to your front 4 the same as anyone using the 6-0-4 formation. So i think the similarities are pretty big.

first off its not 2 cdms i have one cdm and one cm, both are on about the half way line one just inside each half and as for playing one striker thats simply because liverpool don't have another good striker. So i play with gerrard as a cam, and then 2 wingers. And the 3 behind the striker aren't in a row they are skewed, just take a look at liverpools default system.

Also you should have noticed in that game that i was commiting lots of men forward on the attack, with my wing backs overlapping with my wingers, i have yet to see that from someone playing 6-0-4.

There are no real similarities, you simply have you look at the fact that in 6-0-4 your cdms are where most peoples back line are. So i could never play a long ball forward and have a 4 on 4 because you would still have 6 back there.

Anyway i'm getting side tracked, the whole point i was making is that every match i have played against this formation has been the exact same and its just rather boring playing the same match over and over again.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

When you played me the other night there was 2 CM's in your own half for the formation and your 3 players behind Torres were in a straight line across, but thats neither here nor there as I dont really mind what formation people play in their game as long as the game isnt very laggy and they play clean and sportingly.

People are free to play whatever formation they wish. You are currently second in the league and have a wide range of different results in your matches so while you might be playing someone with the same formation the results of the matches have been very different across the board.

On a seperate note what changes have been made to the Liverpool teams stats since the update? What are their Def/Mid/Forward overall values now compared to before the update?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

Parawind wrote: »
    first off its not 2 cdms i have one cdm and one cm, both are on about the half way line one just inside each half and as for playing one striker thats simply because liverpool don't have another good striker. So i play with gerrard as a cam, and then 2 wingers. And the 3 behind the striker aren't in a row they are skewed, just take a look at liverpools default system.

Also you should have noticed in that game that i was commiting lots of men forward on the attack, with my wing backs overlapping with my wingers, i have yet to see that from someone playing 6-0-4.

There are no real similarities, you simply have you look at the fact that in 6-0-4 your cdms are where most peoples back line are. So i could never play a long ball forward and have a 4 on 4 because you would still have 6 back there.

Anyway i'm getting side tracked, the whole point i was making is that every match i have played against this formation has been the exact same and its just rather boring playing the same match over and over again.

I don't want to be dragged into this argument but in relation to a 2nd striker for Liverpool, try playing the default formation with Gerrard instead of Lucas in midfield and play David Ngog in Gerrard's role just behind Torres. (and I'm not taking the piss:p Ngog is very good in game).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Yapamillias

my two cents lol...parawind doesnt play 6 at the back or indeed two cdms...he defends well as the 'custom' tactics of others result in waves of opposing players RUNNING towards his goal...he isnt exactly going to run towards them is he...also the custom tactics/formation of another person makes a difference to what tactics another person plays...parawind likes to get round the back and cross in the ball...i will play the ball on your 6 yard box and others will try to shot from distance...custom tactics are part of the game so use them but it does make it boring...two lads playing 6-0-4 at the same time will result in a very very very poor game...hes still the best defender in the league...without 6 at the back. Most people try to defend the fact that they play 6 at the back but instead of defending it why not play default tactics/formations instead of trying to avoid relegation/win league...its more fun when you just play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭storybud22

imo people should not be allowed play 6 at the back and 4 forwards. there isnt one team in real life thats plays no midfielders.its so crap playing people like this as there are not using skill just a cheap formation. i could do that but it wouldnt be fun.:mad:

actually looder i have been trying ngog as his stats went up a bit, but i replace macherano now with gerrard since they made macherano slower and hes so small.

Off the top of my head i'm not sure what the overall values were, but they must all be down since insua is now in the defense and hes worse, cara and skrtel got worse and every midfield player got worse. I also think torres lost some balance since he drops to the ground all the time now. We all knew liverpool would be weakened i just wish we had known it was going to effect the league beforehand, still nothing i can do now but keep trying my best with em.

And trust me there were not 2 cdm in my team, in fact since you had no midfield they were pushed further forward into the space.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

storybud22 wrote: »
    imo people should not be allowed play 6 at the back and 4 forwards. there isnt one team in real life thats plays no midfielders.its so crap playing people like this as there are not using skill just a cheap formation. i could do that but it wouldnt be fun.:mad:

Well you could do with a challenge these days :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

actually looder i have been trying ngog as his stats went up a bit, but i replace macherano now with gerrard since they made macherano slower and hes so small.

Off the top of my head i'm not sure what the overall values were, but they must all be down since insua is now in the defense and hes worse, cara and skrtel got worse and every midfield player got worse. I also think torres lost some balance since he drops to the ground all the time now. We all knew liverpool would be weakened i just wish we had known it was going to effect the league beforehand, still nothing i can do now but keep trying my best with em.

And trust me there were not 2 cdm in my team, in fact since you had no midfield they were pushed further forward into the space.
    Interesting point about Masch. I must try it.

I've played 6 games with Ngog and he's scored at least once in each, bagging a hattrick on his debut for me :-P

Liverpool were never world beaters but they could compete before the updates. Now there a lot poorer. Riera is nowhere near as good as what he was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

I really think this league as a whole is turning into a who's better than the other at all costs. I know i picked man city because there a fun team to play with. I was second pick too. You're here to have some great matches with great people and if some people want to play the 6 0 4 tactic let them. You have more satisfaction when you beat them and personally the complaints should mean there not allowed in next year.

This has always been a fun league for playing for the craic, Dont turn it into something it's not lads.

looder wrote: »
    Interesting point about Masch. I must try it.

I've played 6 games with Ngog and he's scored at least once in each, bagging a hattrick on his debut for me :-P

Liverpool were never world beaters but they could compete before the updates. Now there a lot poorer. Riera is nowhere near as good as what he was.

yeah we have 3 wingers in yossi, reira and maxi, all the exact same speed, makes getting in crosses very difficult. I'm thinking of trying babel and ngog on the wings and then put aquilani in for macherano as hes slightly faster, figure its got to be worth a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭DerryRed

Just came onto the thread tonight and I see that my game last night with gamercfc has been causing a stir.

Here's my side of the story.

Yes the lag was bad. It was terrible for me as well. I could hardly get a decent game played on Friday or Saturday at all.

First half pretty even. To be honest we were both pretty poor and my passing was horrible. Second half and gamercfc goes ahead. Now i can't recall if he was 2-0 up and then I pulled back to win 3-2 or it went 0-1, 1-1, 1-2, 2-2, 3-2. I know for sure that I scored a late winner. So my formation. I play 5 in defense, with a Defensive Midfielder, 2 attacking midfielders, and 2 strikers. When I went 2-1 down, I made 3 subs, all position for position, and moved my Defensive midfielder into central midfield. I equalised, and I paused again to move my central midfielder back into defensive midfield. Given my record of 1 draw and 6 losses, I was happy to stick with what I had. gamercfc threw everything at me in the last few minutes, and I was lucky enough to catch him on the break to get the winner.

I make no apologies for my style of play, as I was sick and tired of getting hammered all the time, prior to the league starting. I realised I had to do something, so I adapted to the above mentioned formation.

Has it helped? Well if you look at my results not really. I've lost 6 out of 8 games. On the positive note I'm no longer getting hammered, my biggest loss has been 4-1. For me that's a huge improvement.

Even though I use this style of play, I don't revert to the long ball, to catch my opposition out. I use a lot of interaction between my advanced midfielders and wing backs, go get the ball out wide, and attack on the counter down the wings.

Bottom line. Yes I play defensive, but 6 out of 8 players have found ways of breaking me down, and fair play to them they are really good players. It probably should have been 7 loses, but I was fortunate to get a last minute equaliser in one of my games.

On the balance in my game with gamercfc, a draw probably would've been a fair result, and I got lucky, but sure that's football.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

in regards to la liga(greyhound12) milan..

im on most nites after 10, iv added a few of ye havnt got around to everyone so if your due to play me contact me even if im playin another game!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

hi folks I'm a newbie here! gamer tag is highgiant1

How long does this league run for? Is it set days/times you play?

The league is full at the minute. It runs using a set of fixtures for each week to be played by thise involved. When the next qualifying season is open there will be a thread crated with all the details so just keep an eye out for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

I'm sensing another call for that handbag salesman soon. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Yapamillias

RESULT: Inter Milan (SRFC90) 6 - 1 Liverpool (Parawind)

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Moiph wrote: »
    I'm sensing another call for that handbag salesman soon. :D

He has already been :D

Kirby and Mister Robinson im away for the week so will catch up with you on Friday or over the weekend to play our matches.

• Advertisement

RESULT: Inter Milan (SRFC90) 6 - 1 Liverpool (Parawind)

:eek:

You and me both :eek:.

He scored from the tip, without me getting a touch on the ball, i paused the game went to team tatics and then began to sob as i saw 6-0-4 once again. I was left chasing the game and tbh my team couldn't do anything right, i hit the post a few times but in all honesty was never going to get back into this game.

In fairness i knew this kind of result was only a matter of time, with that formation and conceeding so early the game was over before i touched the ball.

This formation is a vicious cycle because everyone seems to copy it as soon as they play against it. But theres no point dragging this up again, i hate that formation more then anything but since everyone and their granny seems to be using it, i will have to counter it somehow.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Guys I'm having pretty horrible lag playing fifa. It's weird because I seem to be ok with other games.

Once my cnxn sorts itself out, i'll complete my outstanding games.

The break comes at a time when I am sick of the fcuking AI. Played a league game recently and was coasting at 2-0. Then for absolutely no reason, my team start defending from the half way line. Didn't make any changes to my team. Ended up losing 3-2. Total fcuking joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Just on the whole 6-0-4 debate...Its the formation I use and have used since Fifa 09. All I can say is that in Fifa 09 the formation worked but this year there is not much of a difference at all. I only still use it as its what im used to and I dont want to go changing my formation half way through a season.

Im all for getting rid of custom formations but I personally think the people giving out about them are only annoyed that they cant beat them. Ive played Hokem many times when we both use the same formation and had some really good games. Ive always manged to break down defences with 6 at the back and ive also conceeded alot with having 6 at the back.

Its more how well you defend in a game + the fifaisms with breaks/deflections favouring one team over the other.

The 4-2-2-2 formation is a default formation but you could call that six at the back aswell as you are using two cdms.

I dont know about the custom tactics though as ive never used them.

Anyways I dont have a problem if people want to ban the custom formations...

joe123 wrote: »
    Im all for getting rid of custom formations but I personally think the people giving out about them are only annoyed that they cant beat them....

I was just waiting for that kind of comment, just to clear it up i have beaten more players that play this system then have beaten me. But the problem is more that there are so many players using the same formation. Also look at how deep the 6 players are on the pitch in 6-0-4, in the 4-2-2-2 formation just like all default formations the back line is much further forward as are the cdm's.

In fact the cdms are really that in name only in 6-0-4, they are just one tiny move backwards away from being CB's.

Frankly i am more concerned that the league will turn into exclusively a 6-0-4 league, since i doubt there will be many people left at the end of the season not playing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Kirby wrote: »
    The custom tactics coupled with "LT and run backwards" means that by the time anybody reaches the halfway line, you have atleast 9 men behind the ball.

What exactly does LT and run backwards do?

Frankly i am more concerned that the league will turn into exclusively a 6-0-4 league, since i doubt there will be many people left at the end of the season not playing it.

People are free to play what they want, as are you. Frankly this should have been put to bed long ago but you cant let it rest. If its not the formation its how bad Liverpool are after the updates. You do realise most other teams also got affected and lost stat ratings aswell??

You are 2nd or so in the league, you are a good player but really its going to get tiresome if after every game even the ones you win you are going to come on and complain about the formation.

I mean your first line in your post about the match - "He scored from the tip, without me getting a touch on the ball, i paused the game went to team tatics and then began to sob as i saw 6-0-4 once again." Im sorry but your players and his were in their starting positions from a tip off, he had 4 players going forward you had 2 CDMs and 4 Defenders, can you not just conceed that it was possibly down to bad defending on your behalf and he scored a goal.

Its a defensive formation using 6-0-4, im pretty sure you claimed yourself people use it because they are bad at defending. Considering its that defensive then you should be under no more of an attacking threat from it than any other formation. Whatever about not being able to score against it and break down the formation you could play defensive and try not conceed if you wished. At this rate every game you win you will complain you didnt win by more because they used that formation, any game you lose it will be because they used that formation and you couldnt break them down.

Banter on this thread is a thing of the past its just moaning and bitching about one thing or another. If anything the constant moaning in the thread takes the fun out of the league and not the use of any particular formation.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

People have a moan when they aren't happy. We all do it so its nothing new. But its all in good fun. If you talk to people over Live you get the gist of what they are saying. It just seems "whinier" because of the wall of text than it actually is.

It's just discussion really. And sure doesn't everyone think their team is the only one who is screwed in the update...... and their tactics are the "right" ones? :p

Axwell wrote: »
    People are free to play what they want, as are you. Frankly this should have been put to bed long ago but you cant let it rest. If its not the formation its how bad Liverpool are after the updates. You do realise most other teams also got affected and lost stat ratings aswell??

You are 2nd or so in the league, you are a good player but really its going to get tiresome if after every game even the ones you win you are going to come on and complain about the formation.

I mean your first line in your post about the match - "He scored from the tip, without me getting a touch on the ball, i paused the game went to team tatics and then began to sob as i saw 6-0-4 once again." Im sorry but your players and his were in their starting positions from a tip off, he had 4 players going forward you had 2 CDMs and 4 Defenders, can you not just conceed that it was possibly down to bad defending on your behalf and he scored a goal.

Its a defensive formation using 6-0-4, im pretty sure you claimed yourself people use it because they are bad at defending. Considering its that defensive then you should be under no more of an attacking threat from it than any other formation. Whatever about not being able to score against it and break down the formation you could play defensive and try not conceed if you wished. At this rate every game you win you will complain you didnt win by more because they used that formation, any game you lose it will be because they used that formation and you couldnt break them down.

Banter on this thread is a thing of the past its just moaning and bitching about one thing or another. If anything the constant moaning in the thread takes the fun out of the league and not the use of any particular formation.

Bad Beat/Moan/Venting is the title of the thread, so thats what its for or am i missing something. As i said many times i don't expect the rules to change, and people can play what they want. I simply want to vent!

As for my first line, read it again and think about it, nowhere do i blame the first goal on the formation, i said i began to sob because i had conceeded straight away and would have to break down that formation, which is hard to do at 0-0 but when you conceed early it becomes even harder.

The formation is defensive, but it also allows for a swift counter attack, since you have to try break it down and the opponent gets an instant 4 on 4 everytime.

Fun of the league lol, ask someone who is playing against that formation with a normal one and see how much fun they find it. The bottom 3 in the league are 3 of about 5-6 players not using it, so what does that tell you.

I also do realise other teams lost ratings but because of liverpools poor performance in real life, their drop in ratings was very dramatic. I am just a little frustrated by this because the question of would the squad update effect the league was asked at the start and we were told no. I realise theres no way that anyone could have predicted it would be automatically applied to leagues since it wasn't last year. I simply wish i had picked another team in hindsight.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

The bottom 3 in the league are 3 of about 5-6 players not using it, so what does that tell you.

Macken, thats not the route to go with your arguement.

I beat Yapa and Joe using a default formation and they will probably finish 1st and 2nd. "What does that tell you?"

• Advertisement

I would love to see the change in squad stats of all the teams in the league before and after the changes just to compare how much some teams got affected. You might check and confirm it but I think Liverpool only lost 1 point in their overall defensive rating and 1 point in the midfield, and none in the attacking rating. Its frustrating it happened but based on the setup last season it was assumed it wouldnt be one of the changes this season, the same goes for the player transfers counting which gave you Maxi Rodriguez, thankfully most peoples teams didnt lose anyone key apart from maybe Robbie Keane for those as Spurs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement