Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Leagues FIFA 10 Season 6 - Bad Beat/Moan/Venting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I'd like to put together a summary of the last two/three pages of the thread for anyone not willing to take the time to read it fully:
    :Dfm_45bf606f47f94jpg.gif:D
    SDTimeout wrote: »
    I really think this league as a whole is turning into a who's better than the other at all costs.

This has always been a fun league for playing for the craic, Dont turn it into something it's not lads.

Massive +1.

Parawind, we understand that you dislike the formation, but bringing it up in every post isn't going to help. Its just going over old ground all the time. All the fun has been completely sucked out of these leagues..... I blame Roy Keane.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

As i say like..all credit toooo Keano at the end of the day

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

What happened to the days when this league was fun?

This looks like it's going to be the closest leagues we've had yet, but everyday I log into this thread I'm reading the same thing and it's getting annoying at this stage!!

Try and enjoy it people, it's only a game at the end of the day and we're all here to have some fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

You know what guys, i have learned something today it doesn't matter what formation you play or what tatics we use, all that matters is we love fifa. So i'm going to try not let it get to me anymore.

Axwell wrote: »
    I would love to see the change in squad stats of all the teams in the league before and after the changes just to compare how much some teams got affected. You might check and confirm it but I think Liverpool only lost 1 point in their overall defensive rating and 1 point in the midfield, and none in the attacking rating. Its frustrating it happened but based on the setup last season it was assumed it wouldnt be one of the changes this season, the same goes for the player transfers counting which gave you Maxi Rodriguez, thankfully most peoples teams didnt lose anyone key apart from maybe Robbie Keane for those as Spurs.

After reading this i decided to go and check it out to see how much of this was in my head.

The big changes to liverpool were:

Torres lost 4 sprint speed and 1 acceleration
    Yossi lost 5 acceleration
    Babel lost 6 strength and 1 acceleration
    Reira lost 2 Agility, 1 Ball control, 2 crossing, 2 dribbling, 4 finishing, 1 heading acc and 2 vision
    Skrtel lost 5 vision, 2 marking, 1 standing tackle and 1 sliding tackle

So pretty much in line with what i expected, others lost stats too but i wasn't going to do the whole squad, just the ones i felt were noticably worse. The addition of Maxi was nice but the problem is that he, Yossi and Reira are now the exact same player, none have any pace or strength now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

And to sum it up in song...

Some things in life are bad
    They can really make you mad
    Other things just make you swear and curse...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Kirby wrote: »
    Macken, thats not the route to go with your arguement.

I beat Yapa and Joe using a default formation and they will probably finish 1st and 2nd. "What does that tell you?"

but Yapa doesnt use an unrealistic formation, you're only trying to say you're better than 1st and 2nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

People have a moan when they aren't happy. We all do it so its nothing new. But its all in good fun. If you talk to people over Live you get the gist of what they are saying. It just seems "whinier" because of the wall of text than it actually is.

It's just discussion really. And sure doesn't everyone think their team is the only one who is screwed in the update...... and their tactics are the "right" ones? :p

Definitely agree with that.

Fifa in general is a game that can piss someone off easily. Ill be the first to admit I complain ALOT about the game but I dont really think the formations have that much of a baring as Ive lost and won to Kirby,Yapa, and Bassman who (I think) have all used default formations and ive also played plenty of games against storybud and he doesnt use custom formations either. Ive played the 6 at the back formations and won aswell.

I think we should just all agree that Fifa 10 is a pile of poo and its going to piss us all off ALL the time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    but Yapa doesnt use an unrealistic formation, you're only trying to say you're better than 1st and 2nd.

The point I was making is that you can beat good players using default formations. Parawind was insinuating that all the players who use default weren't winning any games and were bottom of the league. which is bollix. Macken just hates Liverpool. And sure don't we all? :D

When you have man mountains such as Lucas in midfield how could you not complain all the time! :D

We all agree with you Macken. He has conclusively proven that pool are rubbish. :p Rafa has nerfed their stats so bad Wigan are owning them.

The point I was making is that you can beat good players using default formations. Parawind was insinuating that all the players who use default weren't winning any games and were bottom of the league. which is bollix. Macken just hates Liverpool. And sure don't we all? :D

When you have man mountains such as Lucas in midfield how could you not complain all the time! :D

We all agree with you Macken. He has conclusively proven that pool are rubbish. :p Rafa has nerfed their stats so bad Wigan are owning them.

Wow a dig at me and Liverpool from Damo oh my god i'm shocked :eek::eek::eek:

Frankly that seems like an attempt to deflect attention from your boasting. ;)

Parawind wrote: »
    Wow a dig at me and Liverpool from Damo oh my god i'm shocked :eek::eek::eek:

Frankly that seems like an attempt to deflect attention from your boasting. ;)

No boasting necessary. I'm awesome. Everyone knows it. :D

And lets not mention your deflection away from Pool and Dirk Kuyt. Weren't you just saying yesterday what an excellent player her was? Great assist he had for the Wigan goal there. :p

Its probably due to me getting Wigan in football manager....but it was so satisfying watching them roll Liverpool over and win now that they have a good pitch again. Nobody could've played football on that cabbage patch they used to have.

• Advertisement

No boasting necessary. I'm awesome. Everyone knows it. :D

And lets not mention your deflection away from Pool and Dirk Kuyt. Weren't you just saying yesterday what an excellent player her was? Great assist he had for the Wigan goal there. :p

Its probably due to me getting Wigan in football manager....but it was so satisfying watching them roll Liverpool over and win now that they have a good pitch again. Nobody could've played football on that cabbage patch they used to have.

Why yes i was, because he is a great player, one bad performance doesn't make him a bad player. If i recall the player you were claiming was better then him had a stormer at wolves didn't he... ;)

one bad performance doesn't make him a bad player.

Several however, might. And I never said he was a bad player. I said he has poor vision, poor touch, and poor pace. He is an average player that shouldn't be good enough for a top 4 side. But apparently he is good enough for liverpool which could be why they aren't a top 4 side anymore. Players aren't good enough.
    If i recall the player you were claiming was better then him had a stormer at wolves didn't he... ;)

Not a stormer, but he helped his side win. Kuyt helped his side lose. bit of a difference. Besides, 9 out of 10 non scousers would prefer Berbatov in their team.

Offtopic rules. And I think the slight nerf that Liverpool got in the fifa update is fair. They haven't played well this season.

Several however, does. And I never said he was bad. I said he has poor vision, poor touch, and poor pace. He is an average player that shouldn't be good enough for a top 4 side. But apparently he is good enough for liverpool which could be why they aren't a top 4 side anymore. Players aren't good enough.

Not a stormer, but he helped his side win. Kuyt helped his side lose. bit of a difference. Besides, 9 out of 10 non scousers would prefer Berbatov in their team.

Offtopic rules. And I think the slight nerf that Liverpool got in the update is fair. They haven't played well this season.

I realise you don't like Dirk Kuyt but he is really a good player.

Helped his team win lol, yes great vision to pass at an oposition player and have the ball bounce back 10 yards to paul scholes, all part of his master plan i'm sure.

Back on topic, the nerf liverpool got was fair to reflect the teams current poor form, but the way they did it is whats strange. I mean look at the players they nerfed, its almost like the did it backwards, nerfing macherano, torres, reira, skrtel and yossi but not nerfing gerrard massively seems odd to me. They just took all the pace out of the attack and where may i ask is Lucas' upgrade, the man is 10 times the player he was last season and his stats don't improve one bit.

I do believe Berbatov won man of the match against Wolves!!

where may i ask is Lucas' upgrade, the man is 10 times the player he was last season and his stats don't improve one bit.

I'm sure if there was a "Pass the ball laterally 10 yards to a team mate for ninety minutes" stat, he would have 99.

I think Liverpool fans have this misguided belief that Lucas has turned into a good player. He has simply stopped being abysmally bad every match. But a poor player who improves ......just becomes a slightly less poor player.

He keeps his pass completion percentage up by never attempting a pass longer than 15 yards. In some cases, this is a good thing. Keeps the team ticking over. But Liverpool sorely lack players with imagination and vision. He doesn't help break teams down at all and he doesn't give the team anything that Lee cattermole or leon osman or Phil Neville or even Keith Andrews couldn't. And atleast they get the odd goal.

He really is nowhere near champions league quality. Whatever about Kuyt's failings, he offers a few things other players can't. Lucas brings nothing unique to the team. It beggers belief that Aquilani hasn't played more. Atleast he might demonstrate some ball skills.

And I agree Gerrard should've been nerfed in the update. Lampard should have too. Both look like players who are struggling in their current managers systems.

Oh, and Berbatov was one of the few players versus Wolves that looked like he knew what he was doing. There is a reason he wasn't taken off and played the full match.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Mr Moon wrote: »
    I do believe Berbatov won man of the match against Wolves!!

Dimitar. Berbatov. One look at City and he said "**** OFF".

But we knew that already when Macken beat your 6-0-4 in the first game of the season. no, your point was to big yourself up.

Didn't use it against him. I might next time though because it annoys him so. :D

And I do my talking on the pitch. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

I'm online for the night now. Have to play Moon, Yapa and Kirby.

Didn't use it against him. I might next time though because it annoys him so. :D

And I do my talking on the pitch. ;)

eh yes you did, i checked the formation at the start of the game.

• Advertisement

:rolleyes: It was default man. I remember because I considered changing at half time.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

After reading this i decided to go and check it out to see how much of this was in my head.

The big changes to liverpool were:

Those are individual stats, what are the changes to the overall stats when you go to pick them on the team selection page. Defense, Midfield Attack overall values? As i posted earlier I could be wrong but I thought the Attack stats stayed the same overall and the Defence and Midfield overall were only reduced by 1 each.

Axwell wrote: »
    Those are individual stats, what are the changes to the overall stats when you go to pick them on the team selection page. Defense, Midfield Attack overall values? As i posted earlier I could be wrong but I thought the Attack stats stayed the same overall and the Defence and Midfield overall were only reduced by 1 each.

sorry to butt in but while liverpool's stats havent changed a lot, they made a slow team slower again and to be honest, i kinda of agree because liverpool's style of play has gone down the crapper from the speed and energy of their play last season(Man City away, man united, middlebrough, chelsea etc) to a slow lumbering crawl like Unirea Home, Wigan away, Pompy away etc etc etc!

Unfortunately for Parawind, Johnson and Riera were made slower due to injuries, Gerrard doesnt deserve his place on the team at the moment and has got worse in real-life and Fifa and torres has been out for a good while too. Just a shame that it happened in the middle of this season.

Im more interested in the 3 stats overall, not the players because if someone is slower you have subs to replace them so you can always mess with the squad and use what you are given. Just curious to know overall how much those 3 stats on the selection page went down or up compared to other teams, as I said I think they only dropped one in defence and midfield, others were hit harder and some actually gained improvements. Tried to find a list on the net but couldnt find one.

i think the stats of the players are far more important than the ones on the default screen. Barca went up 1 attack point but there hasnt been any improvements bar maybe Busquets and pedro who i dont use anyway. Speed was Liverpool's biggest weakness even before the update and its worse again now.

Im not questioning the importance of the players stats, im just asking Parawind what the changes in the 3 overall stats were on the team selection screen. I'm aware of Liverpools weakenesses I played with them last season.

think what you said is true, 1 point lost in attack and midfield.

I said one in defence and one in midfield..

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭djayforza

bad news my xbl subscription is up forgot to renew it so im just waitin to get paid to buy it again, im behing on a few games sorry bout that.
    liverpool (now muck) serie A

• Advertisement

This weeks fixtures brings us to the half way stage of the league.

As in the rules players who haven't played enough games will be docked points. Exceptions are made for players who have RROD

Premiership

Man Utd (RROD)

La Liga

Liverpool
    Valencia
    Aston Villa
    Chelsea
    Man Utd
    Man City
    Wolfsburg

Serie A

Aston Villa

A point will be deducted for each game not completed by Friday week, unless you've played over half your games!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement