Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A history of problems with car

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

NORTH1 wrote: »
    Ok I got the car back this evening with a report that the problem was a faulty door achuator. Which they have now replaced. No one actually came to meet me as I collected the car just a service engineer who gave me the service report saying " I was told you where looking for this"

The wife rang the garage looking to speak to the manager but he was not available, in fairness he did leave a message on the phone this evening saying he'll call me tomorrow.

The car is now fixed again and to them this is the end of the issue....

I'm a little surprise at the minor issues people above what would be concidered a major issue?

Driver door not been able to open from the inside?

Car suddenly lossing power while traveling down a duel carrage way going from 100kpm to 30kpm....

A battery less the 3 months old failing.

and my favorite the drivers seat folding back while driving down the road traping a childs leg, her screaming while the driver trying to balance/steer and find a safe place to pull in.

How many people think these are minor issues?
    Driver door not been able to open from the inside?
    You sure you don't mean the door lock and not the handle ?The Central locking actuator is a common fault on Audi,Volkswagen, Skoda and Seat.

Mine has that problem with the rear right door lock.
    A battery less the 3 months old failing.
    Doubt its the battery, more likely a faulty alternator or battery drain from somewhere in the car.
    Car suddenly lossing power while traveling down a duel carrage way going from 100kpm to 30kpm

Can also happen on all Volkswagen group and other cars. Its not like its a huge issue, the ECU detects a fault and puts the car into safe mode. Gives you ample time to pull into the hard shoulder.

Their all pretty minor faults imo and just the joys of owning a car :/

If you want a 100% working/functional/no maintenance car then your better off leasing, sure it costs a bit more but if it breaks you just get a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

No offence and hard luck with the problems but you must be joking asking if you can get a refund!

Advertisement