Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a good wedding band, that can play in the South Munster area?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Satts

How about Ocean's Six or if you want extra brass, Ocean's Eight.
    See cool Ocean's Eight video on www.occasions.ie

I used to work with lead singer Conor a few years back, but he gave up the day job to concentrate on sound engineering and music.

Very Professional outfit.

P.S.
    Just checked and I'm sure video has been shortened on the Occasions website.
    You have to see full video on Ocean's Six Facebook page, class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 charkie

The marvels are brillent i saw them at a friends wedding, the front man is excellent got a lot of personality, and they dressed up pretty smart too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 I AM IRON MAN

charkie wrote: »
    The marvels are brillent i saw them at a friends wedding, the front man is excellent got a lot of personality, and they dressed up pretty smart too

you mean "Brilliant"? great video, very Magnum. Just googled them, never heard of them before, new band, its like watching the Aristocrats whilst on acid, very funny. Occasions is the place to go. they are probably with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭nellie07

Hi there,

Looking for a band for next May but want to book them now as I want to be able to have a good choice, I really want to cater for the older crowd going to the wedding for the band and the dj then for the younger crowd.

I'll need a band that do waltzs jives, quick steps and of course the usual mix where everyone can get involved.

any recommendations,

anyone heard how 'natural gas, or their other name 'the gold band' are?

Please bear in mind this wedding is in Cork but a country attendance!

any help greatly appreciated - ps dont want the older folk to have to put in ear plugs either

thanks

nellie07 wrote: »

I'll need a band that do waltzs jives, quick steps and of course the usual mix where everyone can get involved.

"The Zodiacs" form the Rathcormac/Bartlemy area would be perfect for this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭nellie07

thank you! do they havea website? ill google them anyway!

nellie07 wrote: »
    thank you! do they havea website? ill google them anyway!

I will PM an email address I have for a member of the band.

I had them for my wedding(rural crowd) and was very happy.
    Probably not so suitable for a city wedding.

I booked them as a Trio, but they also operate as a four and five piece.

One of the singers, Willie, has a lovely voice and used to be the drummer for Louise Morrissey a few years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 harper61

SeanF wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm looking for a wedding band (for my own wedding) that can play in the South Munster area. I'd admit to be fairly snobby about quality music, but I do understand that a wedding band has to cater for all tastes (I might like them to play that 10 minute Sonic Youth B-Side from 1996, but I know that's not gonna fly on the day).

However:
    Country n' Irish
    One guy with a keyboard
    ...need not apply.

But anything else I'll consider.

If you can recommend anyone I would truly appreciate it. Note that most wedding bands aren't afraid to travel afaik.

Thanks!

www.radiostar.ie they are brilliant, professional, trained musicians, they will play whatever you want

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Hi, I love going to see bands and am organising a wedding with my sister so we have been to quite a few.
    I would def recommend Keiren Kramer, the Marvels, the Laughing shamrocks and the boogie band (although they have changed lead singer in last while, havent heard him yet)
    We tried to book the Marvels but they cant do Fridays as they have a contract with a hotel. The only problem with the laughing shamrocks since the last time I saw them is I think they have added a few more to the band so that means more money!
    We went with Keiren Kramer in the end as he was very good to deal with, as well as the band being brilliant.
    Be prepared for the cost though, most start about 1800 and some can go up to 4000.

Cadyboo wrote: »
    organising a wedding with my sister so we have been to quite a few.

Isn't that ilegal ? ;):D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Satts wrote: »
    Isn't that ilegal ? ;):D:D

Lol:D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Im looking as well, but for 2012. I do not want a cliched wedding band. I want something a bit more funky/soul-ish. There is a band in Cork called Booty Band who are excellent but they do not do weddings afaik.

I hear wedding bands are always dead dear ya? Like €2k ish?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 millennium band

hi just senting you a message in regards to your post, i have a 3-4 piece band from cork called millennium, we travel the country doing weddings a recession busting prices,band and dj and wine reception music packages, i,d recommend the band/dj together as theres no break between regardless if you book us our not icon_smile.gif, heres an idea of what we do just an amatuer clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Gl_kqc9QWM and this is a clip of your album http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH5FK0_hhtU

regards mark

Advertisement