Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia Eseries advice?

• 09-02-2010 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

I'm looking to get a new phone and at the moment my heart lies between the Nokia E63 and E72.

Has anybody used either/both of these handsets to give me a fair opinion on these? How does the keyboard feel? I looked at a couple of Blackberrys and I thought the keys were placed a little too close.

Is there any great incentive to pay the extra 75% and get the E72? Any exceptional features?

Any feedback would be helpful :)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Mobiles & PDAs

dudara

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Hoku wrote: »
    I'm looking to get a new phone and at the moment my heart lies between the Nokia E63 and E72.

Has anybody used either/both of these handsets to give me a fair opinion on these? How does the keyboard feel? I looked at a couple of Blackberrys and I thought the keys were placed a little too close.

Is there any great incentive to pay the extra 75% and get the E72? Any exceptional features?

Any feedback would be helpful :)

Thanks

The E72 has lifetime free voice navigation - there's your exceptional feature right there.

Not to mention much better camera and faster processor, better build quality and higher download speeds.

And finally ...volume control buttons !

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Hoku

Oh yeah, the voice navigation - the service itself is free, but are there any other charges, for say, traffic? I mean, surely GPS tracking creates some network traffic?

Sorry for being such a noob..:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Hoku wrote: »
    Oh yeah, the voice navigation - the service itself is free, but are there any other charges, for say, traffic? I mean, surely GPS tracking creates some network traffic?

Sorry for being such a noob..:o

GPS itself free so as long as you've downloaded the maps onto your phone you're golden.

Now there may be a nominal charge cos the phone uses A-GPS ("assisted GPS" - AFAIK it means the phone uses the local telecoms tower info to give it a guestimate as to where in the world it is - helps with the GPS lock). Having said that, it probably gets that info for free as it's handshaking with the tower or whatever.

Basic answer, yes, it's practically free

Advertisement