Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Valentines Day present?

Options
  • 09-02-2010 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I'm in my first relationship for Valentines day (together 4 months) and not sure what to do about a present for my boyfriend. Will he expect something from me or is a card enough? I'm not mean & have no probs buying a pressie but I dont want to get him something & then embarrass him if he doesnt get me anything.

What do other people do for the day?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Just get a card, and spend the day hanging out with each other, Valentines Day is a load of sh1t anyway, I doubt any guy would give two sh1ts if he didnt get something for it, I know I wouldnt, me and the gf usually just get each other cards and spend the night together, much better than splashing out on ridiculous presents, buy him something when a card company doesnt tell us we're supposed to, it'll mean a lot more

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

just ask him or else tell him you dont celebrate the made up hallmark day. that you dont need a card company to tell you how you feel about your partner.

then you are sorted forever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dublingal80

best thing is to talk about it to him!
    Myself and my oh are just doing cards and then making something - im making him cupcakes :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

best thing is to talk about it to him!
    Myself and my oh are just doing cards and then making something - im making him cupcakes :D

I'm making cupcakes too! It's something we will both enjoy without getting too ridiculous. :D

Advertisement