Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

NHL 10

• 09-02-2010 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

I have been contemplating picking this up because i dug out my old NHL 99 for the PC and it was brillant. :D

Just wondering if anyone has this and what is there opinion on it? I have read several reviews but i tend to prefer to hear its good from non-industry users.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,889 ✭✭✭Polar101

I've got it on the PS3. Definitely my favourite EA Sports game to date, it looks and plays great and there's a ton of game modes. The AI on your side is a bit sloppy, meaning you'll have to do most of the work.. and powerplay is a bit dodgy. Other than that I think it's a great hockey game.

If you liked NHL 99 (of which I played a lot), I'd be surprised if you didn't like NHL 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭declan_8

I have been contemplating picking this up because i dug out my old NHL 99 for the PC and it was brillant. :D

Just wondering if anyone has this and what is there opinion on it? I have read several reviews but i tend to prefer to hear its good from non-industry users.

I dont have the game but like yourself was wondering if it was any good.

Also good deal on Zavvi at the mo for £7.95

Hope this helps :D

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/xbox-360/nhl-2k10/10048031.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

declan_8 wrote: »

That's the crap one (although the best player in the world is on the front. Ovechkin!) EA make NHL 10 and it is a much better game but impossible to find anywhere for a decent price!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭screw2loose

declan_8 wrote: »

Yeah i was looking at that game aswell, but it has got horrible reviews and NHL 10 is supposed to be leaps and bounds ahead of it.

So i guess ill have to fork out 45 quid to pick this up...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

NHL2K10 is muck, every 2K NHL game has been. EA on the other hand, i would say that NHL 10 is the best sports game there is.

I absolutely love NHL 10, its just so playable. The use of thumbsticks is innovative and works like a dream, id say if your thinking about it... DO IT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭screw2loose

I'm sold i shall be ordering this tomorrow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I really want this aswell. I've had one of the old 2K basketball and hockey games (i tend to like the odd spin of the American spots, basketball, hockey, NFL - have Madden 10), but I don't enjoy the 2K games at all. I'd love to get NHL10 and NBA Live 10.... but they are always so expensive. I rarely see them going for less than €50!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Picked this up in XV for €35 a couple of weeks back, still trying to get my head round the rules, but its good fun..

If anyone wants a game my gamertag is colmise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,451 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

saw it for 30 euro 2nd hand, kinda hope it will get cheaper than that somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    NHL2K10 is muck, every 2K NHL game has been. EA on the other hand, i would say that NHL 10 is the best sports game there is.

I absolutely love NHL 10, its just so playable. The use of thumbsticks is innovative and works like a dream, id say if your thinking about it... DO IT.

Damn, was looking at 2k8 NHL for cheap the other day. Think I'd like to get another NHL game. Also played older ones on PC and they were great fun (did have flaws of course but still!).

Maybe I'll just stick to the 3on3 Arcade.....

🤪

• Advertisement

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Damn, was looking at 2k8 NHL for cheap the other day. Think I'd like to get another NHL game. Also played older ones on PC and they were great fun (did have flaws of course but still!).

Maybe I'll just stick to the 3on3 Arcade.....

Well 3on3 is a supreme laugh. Loved that title... for a while. But dont buy a 2K NHL game, download the NHL 2K10 demo (if there is one, if not get the 09 one) and play a game. THEN, go get the NHL 10 demo, im sure you will laugh when you play the two.

Im still looking to get NHL 10 again, where did corcaigh07 see the €30 2nd hand copy?

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Well 3on3 is a supreme laugh. Loved that title... for a while. But dont buy a 2K NHL game, download the NHL 2K10 demo (if there is one, if not get the 09 one) and play a game. THEN, go get the NHL 10 demo, im sure you will laugh when you play the two.

Im still looking to get NHL 10 again, where did corcaigh07 see the €30 2nd hand copy?

it was an Xtra Vision in Ballincollig, dunno if its still there. If its there the next time im in ballincollig, ill pick it up for you and even if you dont take it, im sure i could have a bash off it for a while and sell it on to someone here or on adverts easily enough.

i fancy a bash off this, got it in xv today. delighted to find it! anyone here that can show me the ropes online because might be a while before i get up to a decent playing standard...

ps-mikeyt086-if i decide to sell the game,(and i might well do as there are some really good games coming soon on 360) ill give you first refusal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

It's been a while since I've played it, and I'm not that good at all, but I'd definitely be up for a few games..

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    i fancy a bash off this, got it in xv today. delighted to find it! anyone here that can show me the ropes online because might be a while before i get up to a decent playing standard...

ps-mikeyt086-if i decide to sell the game,(and i might well do as there are some really good games coming soon on 360) ill give you first refusal.

keep me informed man, never saw it in any shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dunder Mifflin

There's a demo on XBL for this if anyone wants to check it out. I played 2 games yesterday on the demo and thought it was great fun. I've no idea of the rules at all but I enjoyed it all the same. Love the fighting parts too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,253 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I am still playing NHL 09 don't think i will trade it in as I would follow Montreal and 09 as a section dedicated to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Dr.Slurm

You can get it pretty cheap on ebay now. I paid full price a a couple of months back. Worth every cent, though. Brilliant game.

Dr.Slurm wrote: »
    You can get it pretty cheap on ebay now. I paid full price a a couple of months back. Worth every cent, though. Brilliant game.

Really?

I have been searching ebay weekly trying to find it for less than €45 and havent seen a single copy.

I also rang Game, Gamestop, Smyths, Xtravsion, Harvey Norman and HMV in Dublin and surrounding areas and every single one said they didnt have a copy in stock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Dr.Slurm

I don't know, maybe they recently reduced their prices then. I'd check ebay again, because I can see a string of NHL 10's for about £20 delivered.

Like this one:)

• Advertisement

I play this online too. I set up a team called the Dublin Huskys but i wasnt able to get any players :( I would be up for a few games.

I play this online too. I set up a team called the Dublin Huskys but i wasnt able to get any players :( I would be up for a few games.

whats your gamertag mate? mines corcaigh09

feck me, its a complex game to start playing, haavent got a fudge on whats happening.

which controls are better, classic or default?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Dr.Slurm wrote: »
    I don't know, maybe they recently reduced their prices then. I'd check ebay again, because I can see a string of NHL 10's for about £20 delivered.

Like this one:)

Crikey. Been looking to pick this up for ages but its never in any local shops. I had treied ebay but it was too dear. Just got it there new for €24 delivered. Cheers :D

Advertisement