Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spiritual Break

• 09-02-2010 1:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hi I am just wondering if anyone knows of any Spiritual weekend breaks in Ireland for couples. Myself and my husband have promised each other we would do something very special and intimate this year.

has anyone any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

There are a whole range of weekends run allover the country what are you both intrested in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭anamcarame

Well to be honest I am not fully sure what we are looking for.
    Definitely something which is not religious. Neither of us would be comfortable with that. I suppose we are looking for something to be=ring us closer together. Although we are close, we have had a bumpy few years so we would like to nurture what we have at the moment and help develop it.

I think something involving meditation and an emphasis on oneness. Our relationship is going through a new phase but I think we need something to drawn more out of us. I think it would help to protect us and unify us on a holistic level.

This is possibly sounding jumbled. I reckon I will know what is right when I see or hear of it. My Oh would not be able to do much 'airy fairy' stuff but is will to give most of it a go.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Sounds like you either want a relaxation/meditation weekend or a development weekend. I remember looking for something like this for me individually a few years ago, and found a lot of contacts through the web.

You might consider a practical course such as massage or reflexology.
    The healing house was one place I went to for a massage weekend, and melt in temple bar was another one Ive been to for weekend courses.

The spiritualist union are also planning a weekend in Clare, I think. It is spiritual rather than religious but is based upon the Spiritualist Organisations philosophy and beliefs.

Once you search youll find many others.

Thanks for the links. I will look into them. As for reflexology...... I am a refelxologist. lol! I am also a reiki practitioner and would love to develop my spiritual connection in a little more depth.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

anamcarame wrote: »
    Thanks for the links. I will look into them. As for reflexology...... I am a refelxologist. lol! I am also a reiki practitioner and would love to develop my spiritual connection in a little more depth.
    Youre way ahead of me then. :D

I also recommend Arthur Findlay College in the uk, but that would be for a specific type of development. And tantric spirituality might interest you both too.

• Advertisement

I have been researching Trantric Healing and massage but to be honest I would only do something like that with a recommendation.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 moonchild77

Hi All :-)

Does anyone know where you can do an overnight retreat in Galway with foucs on meditation and yoga?

Advertisement