Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car Stolen - 1997 Nissan March (Micra) Red

• 09-02-2010 1:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭

Futile it may be, but after reporting the theft to the local Garda station I'd have more faith that someone from boards would spot the car.

Make: Nissan
    Model: March (same as Micra)
    Colour: Red
    Reg: 97 D 72202
    Doors: 3
    Area stolen from: Finglas village
    Note: There is no tax, insurance or NCT discs in the window. Automatic transmission.

Car was in immaculate condition as it had just been imported and was only insured since last Friday - I didn't even get a chance to put the insurance disc in the window.

If you see it or hear of it please PM me, it was my wife's car and she hadn't even got to drive it yet :mad:

Cheers,

Dave

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

there was at least one stolen car been driven around the dunsink lane last night around 12 midnight.

i had a similiar car stolen about 3 years ago and was told it would be up dunsink lane.

it that it might be worth your while having a wander up there - the gardai wont go in the area but............

claim off your insurance, the Guards in Finglas dont care and wont be looking for it

good luck

Edit: will keep an eye out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I wouldn't expect the Gardai to drop tools and look for your Nissan Micra, they will be the first people to let you know if it was reported abandoned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭The-Game

Without bashing the Gardai, good idea posting here, try any other good car forums you can and hopefully you get lucky.

Wouldn't have thought local scumbags would be into joyriding an automatic micra, it may be a chop job!

Heres hoping you get it sorted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭dirtydiesel

I hope you get it back and the scum who stole it get jail, you just insured it and now your out of pocket because these non working, non tax paying wonkers can go on a so called JOYRIDE.
    Keep us posted and good luck with the search.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

The reason why they went for the March is because it is a late 90s Jap import. Such cars are notorious for their lack of alarms and immobilisers so they're easy pickings for the scum.

• Advertisement
Advertisement