Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making The Lourdes Hospital Worse!

Options
  • 09-02-2010 1:45pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭

RTE News report: Tuesday, 9 February 2010 11:53
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0209/navan.html

Local opposition to Navan hospital changes
    The Health Service Executive has announced that ambulances will no longer take trauma patients to Our Lady's Hospital in Navan from Friday.
    However some patients, such as those suffering from heart attacks, will still be taken to the Navan facility.
    Up to now the practice was that all patients would be taken to the Co Meath hospital, stabilised and then transferred to another hospital - usually Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital, Drogheda.

However, the HSE has said that following a review of the provision of services, it was decided all trauma cases transported by ambulance will drive past Navan and go to Drogheda or other hospitals.
    The Clinical Director of the HSE in the North-East, Dr Dominic Ó Brannagain, said a longer ambulance journey to a better staffed and equipped hospital was preferable to making stops.
    The move will attract local criticism with opponents pointing out that the emergency department in Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital is already overcrowded, arguing that this will only make a bad situation worse.

Its gets worse and worse for the Lourdes hospital every week!
    Not good, not good at all... :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

And this in the week they have advertised for staff for their new super duper A&E department. I really feel for the staff of OLOL and know that people will do their best for it but the simple fact of the hospital being bottom of the hygiene league tables at the same time that services are all being transferred into it is crazy. Lesson to be learned there for everyone is not to have any sort of accident in the Castleblayney/Monaghan/North Louth area. No golden hour for you there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

spent most of the day in casualty yesterday with dd , i really pity the nurses and doctors that put up with those conditions everyday its an absolute disgrace

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

And this in the week they have advertised for staff for their new super duper A&E department. I really feel for the staff of OLOL and know that people will do their best for it but the simple fact of the hospital being bottom of the hygiene league tables at the same time that services are all being transferred into it is crazy. Lesson to be learned there for everyone is not to have any sort of accident in the Castleblayney/Monaghan/North Louth area. No golden hour for you there.
    It's crazy, I really do think that the Minister for Health and the HSE couldn't care less about a human life. You can see it happening one day (I hope I'm proven wrong) were someone will die as a result of the time taken to travel to OLOL hospital.

Advertisement