Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Being over the legal legal limit.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

dclane wrote: »
    I was just reading this article in the paper and it got me wondering. If somebody is four times over the legal alcohol limit does this mean that they had roughly 5 pints before they decided to drive? What does it equate to?
    You can use this calculator http://www.ou.edu/oupd/bac.htm to find out. It's a Canadian but works here too if you know their measuring system.

In short, that Polish guy probably fell over walking to his car, that's how drunk he was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Irish_polizei

Overheal wrote: »
    In conclusion, Drunk Driver: 15 years. Murderers and Rapists, 2 year average?

So your suggesting that people go out an murder the odd person instead of murderin a pint :rolleyes: ....:P
    Whats this world coming too ...

<-Joke->

• Registered Users Posts: 82,918 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    When did a drunk driver get fifteen years? Was that in the States?
    Did you read the article in the OP?

25 years for carrying some weed? Your own system is more fcuked up imo.
    Marijuana Inc. - MSNBC Special. I'd wager you can watch it free on Google Videos or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

A little OT but how would one know if they were over the limit the morning after ?

• Advertisement

cian1500ww wrote: »
    A little OT but how would one know if they were over the limit the morning after ?
    Home Breathalyzer? The Stench on your breath? The Hangover? :p

Im sure whatever he did to catch the cops attention was a clear indication of how sober he was though. I typically would shut off the engine when I couldn't hold the vehicle in a straight line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭IrishManSaipan

And how is Mr Halvey these days...? Long time no hear!

Sorry?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,402 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

In conclusion, Drunk Driver: 15 years. Murderers and Rapists, 2 year average?

But then there was that 7 month suspended sentence vehicle manslaughter, while drunk.

Is the justice system run by an Enchanted 8-Ball?
    Did you read the article in the OP?

In fairness, your first post leads me to believe that you were talking about 15 years in jail, unless muderers and rapists now get driving bans?
    Sorry?:confused:

Eddie Halvey. Former rugby player who killed a 16yo while drink and driving, got a suspended sentence and seven year ban from driving. Kind of knocks things out of perspective.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

he was already on a 10 year drinking ban, banned in July caught in December

does anyone have any re-offender rates for people on driving bans ?

In fairness, your first post leads me to believe that you were talking about 15 years in jail, unless muderers and rapists now get driving bans?
    Snap. My bad. I misread the article :o
    Eddie Halvey. Former rugby player who killed a 16yo while drink and driving, got a suspended sentence and seven year ban from driving. Kind of knocks things out of perspective.
    GrrrRrrRrrRrr.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭donkey balls

cian1500ww wrote: »
    i use ths system and add an extra hr myself. start drinking at 2100 finish at 0100 1 pint= 2 units first unit does not leave the body untill 2200hrs and after that 1 unit per hour so by 10am the next morning the alcohol should be gone out of my system.

Advertisement