Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wanted: Mavic Aksium

• 09-02-2010 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

I do a 30km round commute every day to college and my current wheels can t that the rough roads around Dublin. If anyone has a decent set of Mavic Aksiums they want to part with p.m.
    Also I have a shimano groupset.

Cheers
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭short circuit

What groupset?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Trevor E

Its the 105 10 speed if that helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 82 ✭✭quintana2

Trevor E wrote: »
    I do a 30km round commute every day to college and my current wheels can t that the rough roads around Dublin. If anyone has a decent set of Mavic Aksiums they want to part with p.m.
    Also I have a shimano groupset.

Cheers
    easton vista ii much higher quality wheel €100 ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭xz

why not get them new!!!! good deal here http://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=16968. got a set myself recently, and thinking of getting another.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Joff

As XZ says why not buy them new, €125 is a good price from Cyclestore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Trevor E

Ill probably get them from cyclesuperstore.
    quintana2 wrote: »
    easton vista ii much higher quality wheel €100 ?

I don t no anything about this type of wheel so I might be interested if you send me some information about them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭cipo

oredered a set myself yesterday from cyclesuperstore, arrived today !!!!

with rim tape and skewers !! for $125.... deal.

surprised rim tape was included.

handy wheels fortraining / smashing about on.......

you cant go wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭LeoD

cipo wrote: »
    you cant go wrong.

I bought a pair of these last week and after 100km the front wheel is already out of shape. Unbelievable pile of crap.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

LeoD wrote: »
    I bought a pair of these last week and after 100km the front wheel is already out of shape. Unbelievable pile of crap.

I ride them on my xCross bike and have no problems with them at all. Completely true even after racing a few times this winter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭LeoD

RobFowl wrote: »
    I ride them on my xCross bike and have no problems with them at all. Completely true even after racing a few times this winter.

These wheels seem very hit and miss. Some people swear by them but a friend of mine bought an Aksium front wheel at Christmas and had done barely 500km before it was completely knocked out of shape.

• Advertisement
Advertisement