Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy Champagne?

Options
  • 09-02-2010 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a friend getting married in August and he's looking for Champagne for the toast.

Any recommendations on what to buy, and where to buy? He's not looking for anything amazing. Just for a glass per-person.

It's a big wedding so he's looking for enough for about 150-175 people.

Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 aidanmac

Great deal on Dawson Street with half price champagne magnums. Bought 1 today, probable hangover tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭ArtieFufkin

Thanks!

Bought a big bottle of the house champagne in Wines on the Green to try out. Really nice stuff for the money! Hic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Southsider1

there was a feature on the Alan Titchmarsh UTV show this afternoon about champagne. They had really good value from all the main chainstores. Your best to head to Newry!

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

Have a look at this and don't be afraid to look for a discount if buying a few cases.

They are very good to deal with.

Have a read of this thread from a while back

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055576008&highlight=clareman

Have a look at this and don't be afraid to look for a discount if buying a few cases.

They are very good to deal with.

Have a read of this thread from a while back

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055576008&highlight=clareman

Thanks!
    It needs to be the real deal though, ie proper Champagne.

Also thanks to Southsider1 for the suggestion, I missed the programme due to work. Not really into taking the business over the border either

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭FLievre

I come from the Champagne area myself...
    If you can just go for a few days in the Epernay area in France (2hrs from Paris) you have small producers all over the shop.
    Last time I did that last year I got 100 bottles at 4 euros the bottle and that was good stuff...

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

Thanks!
    It needs to be the real deal though, ie proper Champagne.

Also thanks to Southsider1 for the suggestion, I missed the programme due to work. Not really into taking the business over the border either

That site does "proper" :rolleyes: Champagne too and they have a good selection in all price ranges ...

Just to educate you Cuvee Du President is a high quality french bubbly made exactly the same as Champagne by a Champagne house and only cannot be called Champagne because it is outside the region. It is aged and turned in the bottle as propper bubbly should and this stuff beats most well known brands 3-4 times its price.

But if you want to buy local fair play but if you are looking for a cheap Champagne you'll probably have to make do with a non vintage offering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Malarkey175

How much was the champagne in the shop? Might pick up one on the way home, bit of extra fizz for the weekend that's in it?!

Not sure there's many of the magnums left. The non vintage ones are about €40 and vintage ones €45. Its a great deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Session

I could try to help you out with that if you like, DM me and I can see if something works

• Advertisement
Advertisement