Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Tuesday night DJ event launched

• 09-02-2010 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

Students of Maynooth,

Following on from my thread on the topic last year I am happy to announce that O'Neills will be starting an Indie/Alternative night on Tuesday 16th Feb and every Tuesday thereafter.
    While I won't be DJing myself (Although I hope to make an appearance at some stage) I'm told the music will be a mix of new tracks and some classic indie disco floorfillers..
    AND NO CHEESE!

There will be no commercial pop or chart played on the night whatsoever.

DJ will be spinning tunes from the following artists to name but a few….

The Kings of Leon The Pixies The Strokes Razorlight The Libertines Bloc Party Kasabian Soulwax Justice Empire of the sun The Clash daft punk chemical brothers basement jaxx, boys noize, justice, hot chip, soulwax, phoenix, simian mobile disco, discovery, DJ shadow, LCD soundsytem, Presets, MSTRKRFT, Ratatat, Interpol, Bowie pavement, belle and ebastian, rapture, css, la roux, chk, chk, chk,bell x 1,jape, beasties, beck, ladyhawke, Oasis, U2, Coldplay, Keane, Muse, Friendly fires, Florence and the machine, MIA and many more that I don’t have the time to list………….
    (Please don’t comment that you don’t see your fav artist. I'm just giving you a feel for what to expect!)

As always its free in so hopefully I will see ye there!

P.S. Spread the word!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Savage! Finally a night out on which I will actually enjoy music that doesn't involve me getting squashed in Bruxelles :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

C'mon.....Oasis??
    hehe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

What time does it kick off at? Right up my street....

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭fergiesarmy

9pm until late. Poster advertising this in the window of the pub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

You were going so well until you got to Oasis, U2, Coldplay, Keane. Cringe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭djdeclan

Just a reminder that this is kicking off tonight, I won't be down myself so let me know what you think of it if you're at it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

One of those nights which ends with everyone hammered and clinging to each other going, "AAAAAND AFTERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLL.....YOU'RE MY WONDERWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLL!!!! I love you mannnn" ??

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

I'd love to go to this but I always go to O'Neills on a monday so am usually dying come Tuesday night.

Advertisement