Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

04 Pasatt water in rear passenger footwell

• 09-02-2010 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

I have an 2004 Pasatt that the passenger footwell is soaked
    i have checked all the door seals and im pretty confident its not the
    the boot is also dry any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

The leak could be anywhere.
    The water is just sitting in the rear footwell because this is the lowest point of the car

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭JackCharlton

are there any bulkhead drains around there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 741 ✭✭✭conor_mc

Pollen filter housing seal, no? Comes in through the A/C vent under the passenger seat iirc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

happens a lot of passats, there's a drain in the battery holder under the bonnet, this gets clogged with leaves and other rubbish causing the battery housing to fill with water. This overflows into the vent intakes on the scuttle causing the water to come down the vents, exiting through a vent underneath the front seat.

If you lift the battery out of its holder (i'd advise disconnecting it obviously, since its wet), you should see a pool of water at the bottom. find the drain hole and clear the gunk out. A few people i know have even drilled a few more small holes in the plastic so it won't happen again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Stoolbend

The blocked drains usually cause water to get into the drivers side.

I would check the seals behind the door cards on the passenger doors.

It can also come in around the pollen filter housing.

I would get it sorted asap though as the convenience control unit is under the carpet in front of the passenger seat and they don't like water.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nogoodnamesleft

Covered this issue in a thread I wrote a while ago. Few pics illustrating just how much water can collect in the plenum chamber.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055757452

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭scudster

barry81 wrote: »
    The blocked drains usually cause water to get into the drivers side.

I would check the seals behind the door cards on the passenger doors.

It can also come in around the pollen filter housing.

I would get it sorted asap though as the convenience control unit is under the carpet in front of the passenger seat and they don't like water.

As barry said about checking the door cards is a good possibility.
    If you look at the bottom of the door there are small drain holes to let out water that gets into the inside of the doors. These my be slightly obscured from view by the outer door seal but this isnt what blocks them. Its the wax/grease from moving parts inside the door that falls down and clogs them. If you remove inner door card and notice the soft adhesive seal is half rotted then this is the problem. To cure this clean off the rotted seal and fix back the door card with weatherproof silicone sealant and clean out the holes.
    Had the same problem on a Seat Leon and also my brother had it as well on his Toledo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭Lawros Tache

conor_mc wrote: »
    Pollen filter housing seal, no? Comes in through the A/C vent under the passenger seat iirc.

+1 on this.

Only thing is that the front passenger well (under front passenger seat) will be full of water as well, which is bad enough except for the fact that this is precisely the location which VW chose to locate the CPU, the electronic "brain" of the Passat. You may be lucky and find that the box in which it's housed has not leaked yet, but i doubt it to be honest, are you experiencing any "strange" electrical problems? (windows opening of their own accord, car locking or opening itself?)

Pain in the bollocks and expensive as well.

Advertisement