Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Removing parcel shelf from 2001 Almera

Options
  • 09-02-2010 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

One of speakers blown in rear shelf of car. I want to replace it but not sure how to go about removing old one.
    Its an Almera saloon and it looks like a tricky job. Any help or advice.

Also what would be best option for replacement, 2 new speakers or something from a breakers?

Thanks in advance.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭ianobrien

As it's a Saloon, open the boot, stick your head in, rotate it through 180 degrees and the speakers are there.

There's no need to go ripping the parcel shelf off the back, access to the speakers is possible through the boot.

(While you're there, have a look to make sure that the speaker wire hasn't fallen off or got knocked off)

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Dearg Doom

Thanks ianobrien for reply.
    Speaker is def blown as I tried a spare speaker on the wires and it works fine.
    my problem is to actually remove the old speaker from metal shelf. Speaker is held in by a screws from top. Can't see anyway of removing speaker without removing plastic parcel shelf.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭ianobrien

As the speaker is blown (I've seen loads of "the speaker's blown" when the wire was off), and if you can't get at the screwheads (I was full sure access was possible from the boot, but I was wrong) have a long and careful look at the covers over the speakers. They "should" come off allowing access to the speaker.

Taking the plastic parcel shelf off I imagine would be difficult as it would probably break up

Advertisement