Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kennel for a Greyhound

Options
  • 09-02-2010 3:10pm

Afternoon all. Will be heading to a wedding in September of this year abroad so will be looking for put our fella into a kennel for a week or so. As he's a greyhound I heard that it can be difficult to find a kennel for them, so thought it's worth looking early. Can anyone recommend one? Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Can you let people know where roughly you're based? or where you're willing to drop the dog to? that way they can give names of places close by :)

Oh, in dublin area, should have mentioned that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

There's Best Kennels in Garristown, north county Dublin. Donal is lovely, he has underfloor heating, and those heat lamps for dogs that need extra heat like greyhounds. They go out for walks a few times a day. www.bestkennels.ie

There's Best Kennels in Garristown, north county Dublin. Donal is lovely, he has underfloor heating, and those heat lamps for dogs that need extra heat like greyhounds. They go out for walks a few times a day. www.bestkennels.ie

Thanks for that. Haven't taken him to a kennel before - €17.50 per day seems pretty good, would this be a good rate?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

It's a middle of the range rate, although price doesn't reflect care I have used a cheaper kennels but the dogs have had good care, I know people that have used a most expensive one with good care. Some kennels are cheaper if they don't have an indoor heated area for dogs but always best to make an appointment with whichever one you choose.

Why is it that some don't take greyhounds? Would of thought they'd be one of the easiest dogs to mind in kennels, they're usually great on a lead and so sweet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

One of my neighbours used to kennel her saluki greyhound but she used to loose so much weight due to stress she couldn't anymore and I boarded her in my home. She was grand in a family situation in her own village and lost no weight. I know the kennels she used were really kind, good conditions, indoor heated areas etc. Maybe greys loose weight too easily for kennel owners to be happy to accept them for fear of owners getting upset? The greys generally have no excess weight so a little loss would look dramatic

Advertisement