Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NIB Cancelling my credit card .......rant

Options
  • 09-02-2010 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭

I have a NIB credit card and have had it for years. I used to have a limit of €4500 but reduced it to €1400.

Anyway i missed 2 payments over xmas - my fault but mainly because they sent me new card as my old one was lost and then sent a letter stating that i couldn't pay the way i used to.
    I used to pay using 24 hr banking and pay the credit card number - they said in the letter that they had an account number set up linked to the card and wanted me to change the way i pay so that i pay into the a/c number and sort code rather than the card number.

This was messy for me as i needed a code card to set up a new payee a/c and over xmas i was waiting on 1 to be posted by my current bank. I got it in Jan and got it all set up and made payments well covering the 2 i had missed and i also rang them to tell them the situation. In the meantime they would not accept lazer to pay it (they say they can't) or i couldn't pay in the post office or they couldn't even set up a direct debit from my bank - talk about making it hard to pay!!

I even set up a standing order for an amount to be paid weekly and i also started transfering amounts in €50s off here and there.

When i tried to use the card it was declined so i got onto them and they said that they wouldnt unblock the card till i got a bit more paid off it (i owe €1000 on a €1400 credit limit).....

When i quizzed him he confessed that they were just making me pay it off till it got to zero and cancel my card .......i am shocked since i do not have any problems in paying and i am very upset.
    I told him that they were not gettin another penny in interest off me and i will pay the €1000 of this week and be rid of them............... am really upset by this

Advertisement