Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dairy Free Chocolate

Options
  • 09-02-2010 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭

Folks,

Anyone know anywhere around Dublin where you can get this?

Tried the likes Butlers/Thorntons/Tesco, but no joy.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭buttercup20

Hi Mr. Alan,

To answer your question some Tescos (the one nearest to me Square Tallaght) carry a range of dairy free buttons and bars. I think they are made by humdinger heres a link http://www.humdinger-foods.co.uk/ourProd_dairyFree.html to give you an idea of the packaging. They are also carried in "The Health Store" shops. I am lactose intolerance and they are nice. The taste is a bit watery but they do the job when I need a bit of chocolate! Supervalu carry a ginger and chocolate biscuit dairy free(which are devine!) Most health food shops carry a dairy free range of biscuits and chocolate. Hope this helps and good luck in your search!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

thanks a million.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Give dark chocolate a whirl, once you develop a taste for it it's incredibly satisfying and a lot of it is dairy free. Green & Blacks, Lindt or Moser-Roth 70% (Aldi) are good starts :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Holland & Barrett and most health shops sell a few versions - but seriously Dolorous is right. Go for dark chocolate - most brands don't contain any milk traces (unless made on the same production line as milk chocolate with a slight risk of contamination) - just check the back to make sure :)

Advertisement