Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payments for maintaining green area

Options
  • 09-02-2010 3:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi
    Is it up to the landlord or the tenent to pay fees for maintaining the houseing estate, i dont mind paying its 100euro per house but if its not up to me to pay i will get in touch with my landlord,
    any help would be great.

Regards
    merv

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Sunny86

Not sure who is liable but i assume the owner of the house is unless he told you about the extra cost or has it in contract. Forward him the bill and see what he says, to be honest a landlord is not going to fallout with a good tenant over a 100 euro he will prob pay it out of goodwill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 mervin3001

Ill make my landlord aware of the fee and take it from there thankyou for your advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭T Corolla

100 euro's seems pretty steep for maintence I would direct this issue to the landlord do not pay this or engage with this issue not you problem

• Registered Users Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭billbond4

I would assume its the landlords responsibility to pay for upkeep of an estate (unless there was something about it on a least or something)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,556 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Last year a new residents committee was formed in our estate and the first thing they wanted was €70 from each house to upkeep the green areas.

I didn't pay as I argued its up to the landlord. So I told them to send the bill to her. I dunno if they did or didn't, or if it was paid. As far as I can see, I pay rent and anything extra like that isn't in my agreement so I don't have to pay. That said, its me that would "benefit" from the proceeds in that the green areas would be nicer, but then again I never agreed to pay that in my lease.

Finally, the €70 that was requested is a joke in my eyes. The builder of the estate looks after green areas up until its signed off on. Then the council do it. So what this money is spent on is a mystery to me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭time lord

"The builder of the estate looks after green areas up until its signed off on. Then the council do it. So what this money is spent on is a mystery to me."

I wish they did but they dont and wont. That is the council when they take over..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

time lord wrote: »
    That is the council when they take over.

The council won't do it either. Not to any useful degree.

They will pay some small grant (like €200) to help a residents association do it, but the real cost will be thousands.

Advertisement