Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No NCT Slots in Limerick till June!

Options
  • 09-02-2010 4:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭

Just rang the NCT office to get a slot in Limerick sometime before the end of March.........All booked until...JUNE!:eek:

Off to Nenagh with me! Better bloody pass!!! :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Cancellations happen alot. You just need to keep ringing and find a free slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

You could always try the Abbeyfeale centre if Nenagh is booked up too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I rang on Friday last and got an appointment for March 23rd even though my cert was up in January.

Anyone know if Nenagh or Abbeyfeale is quicker?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Liam79

is it true that so long as you have the booking certificate you can drive away no problems?

McLove, Nenagh would be half the distance from Limerick that Abbeyfeale would.

NCW is 25 miles from Limerick, add another 15-20 for Abbeyfeale then
    Nenagh only out the road in comparison

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

Try booking online , my girlfriend booked hers last week and got it for a week on thursday loads of slots on there by the sounds of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Liam79 wrote: »
    is it true that so long as you have the booking certificate you can drive away no problems?

McLove, Nenagh would be half the distance from Limerick that Abbeyfeale would.

NCW is 25 miles from Limerick, add another 15-20 for Abbeyfeale then
    Nenagh only out the road in comparison

Ha ha i know how far they are, I meant in terms of getting the appointment

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭antod

Liam79 wrote: »
    Just rang the NCT office to get a slot in Limerick sometime before the end of March.........All booked until...JUNE!:eek:

Off to Nenagh with me! Better bloody pass!!! :mad:

did you try for charleville its never that busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭lasno

Keep trying online. I had the same problem last year. The first two attempts showed no vacancies for nearly 3 months. Tried a couple of days later and suddenly vacancies every day from a week later.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

If they are full then they have to do the test for free unless they can offer you a test centre within a REASONABLE distance.

See this thread on it.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055604607

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

I rang to book mine yesterday and I got the 28th March (Sunday) at 10:30am!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭cyberspi

here's the trick - book on a monday..
    after asking to speak to a manager one day I found out that not all slots are made available together and there are new slots added at the start of every week..

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

As above, I was looking online last week and there were plenty. I actually got mine done in Ennis, as it was more convenient.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

I couldn't find any slots online for Limerick up as far as November today.
    I tried Nenagh and the earliest I could get there was 23rd March. There were quite a few slots in Nenagh for that week.
    Have a booking now for 27th Feb in Ennis.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Keep checking online just after 08:00 am every morning, it is around this time that they upload all the cancelled slots into the online system.

I've booked 3 NCTs on different cars over the last 5 years and never had to wait longer than 3 weeks for a slot. The last one being on a Saturday afternoon back in October and it was quiet enough there at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

if you're really stuck - try the NCT centre in Charleville - only 20 miles away too - same as Nenagh

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I booked mine last week, got 18th March, my NCT is up since January. I think your grand driving round with the letter. Strange you can only get a June booking. I would definitely ring them again.

Is it true a new crowd is running it in Limerick and they are supposed to be way more strict on giving passes?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The NCT was taken over by a new contractor nationwide since 1st Jan. Most of the staff just transferred over from the previous contractor.

Advertisement