Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheel advice

Options
  • 09-02-2010 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I am considering buying new wheels but am confused with all the variety available out there:confused:. At the moment I ride a trek 1500 with Bontrager Select wheels. I do about 10 triathlons a year, but also do several 1 day sportifs such as Wicklow 200, etc. and 1 trip abroad to the mountains.
    I’m looking for advice on a good all-round set of wheels. Have considered Easton EC70s and Mavic Cosmic Carbones as they have some deep section, not too heavy and look cool. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭jdt101

jwh wrote: »
    I am considering buying new wheels but am confused with all the variety available out there:confused:. At the moment I ride a trek 1500 with Bontrager Select wheels. I do about 10 triathlons a year, but also do several 1 day sportifs such as Wicklow 200, etc. and 1 trip abroad to the mountains.
    I’m looking for advice on a good all-round set of wheels. Have considered Easton EC70s and Mavic Cosmic Carbones as they have some deep section, not too heavy and look cool. Any thoughts?

Hi jwh,

If your looking at second-hand. I have a set of medium section wheels for sale. I've used them for a few triathlons, a couple of sportifs and weekend spins. They are plenty light for climbing at 1395grs, and reasonably aero.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055821638

Advertisement